RCCL June Sale

We just booked our next cruise when we were on Anthem this month. This is the first time we did it this way. The woman who took care of us didn't help too much . I felt I knew a lot more than her. Make sure you do your homework before you leave . We knew what week we wanted to go and picked a few different ships and had her look up a few . Book at whatever the sale is you can always adjust price later on. We just did it for the OBC.

The 60% off sale is the only one that usually saves us money, but only if the fake base price has not gone up.

I'm excited to reprice my existing cruise, to see if that holds to our reservation :) So far, the current price, for a similar room to ours, for Radiance to Alaska next June, is $600 more than when we booked, plus we have $100 onboard credit (I booked on the day Alaska 2018 was released).

We just booked our next cruise when we were on Anthem this month. This is the first time we did it this way. The woman who took care of us didn't help too much . I felt I knew a lot more than her. Make sure you do your homework before you leave . We knew what week we wanted to go and picked a few different ships and had her look up a few . Book at whatever the sale is you can always adjust price later on. We just did it for the OBC.

Agreed! Our NextCruise people were nice, but NOT helpful. Now I go into them knowing EXACTLY what I want. And, now I also know to double check the paperwork before I walk away. Last time, the guy tacked on insurance without telling asking/telling us, and I didn't notice until I got back to the room. We had to go back and wait in line, to get it removed.

You may not like it, but the response was accurate. There are no sales. Just everyday pricing disguised as fake sales.

Actually, that is not necessarily true. During the May sale I was able to get a price reduction of $209 per person on our January 2018 cruise that we booked back in December on a supposed sale! It made our aft wrap Jr Suite $600 cheaper than a JS on Carnival for the same itinerary and date.

Also, I have been watching GS prices on the Liberty of the Seas for our anniversary next May and during the May sale I booked a GS for $1400 per person. The last time I checked that sailing they were $1860 per person, so I consider a total savings of $920 a sale!

I'll have to agree with the majority of posters. The Wow sales and 60% off sales just to name a couple are well thought about by the Marketing Dept. There's a bottom line that they'll go no matter what the sale caption reads. New cruisers will see that and think it's a good deal. Seasoned cruisers used to have better deals years ago but Miami saw that and changed it. Occasionally there's something attractive with pricing but doesn't last for long.

Molly361, I'd say the reason being that "seasoned cruisers" that get these emails from RCI as well as Travel/Cruise Agents ( like myself) are so accustomed to the many sales and deals that are presented to us that it's become a ho-hum, just another email. Being D+ there's really not too many other benefits that will WOW us and make us want to jump on just another deal/no big deal.

Those newer cruisers often take the sales as something of a "really great deal" but in due time they'll see what's going on.

It makes no difference if its 30% off the first two or 60% off the first or second, it's still the same.

Not if one has the C&A balcony discount. The 30% off the first two also loses 30% of the balcony discount because Royal puts the entire balcony discount on passenger #1.

It makes no difference if its 30% off the first two or 60% off the first or second, it's still the same.

Like Bob said above it does matter if you book a balcony and are getting a balcony discount. I have several bookings where the price has not changed (so far) so hopefully next month I can get the $75 back that I have lost on each of them. It's not a lot but every little bit helps

Another marketing thing that's starting to get to me is the endless e-mails. We have a cruised booked for Dec. 17 and ever since we booked we are bombarded with e-mails about everything under the sun (litererly). They never give up trying to get every cent out of your pocket.

J.

Molly361, I'd say the reason being that "seasoned cruisers" that get these emails from RCI as well as Travel/Cruise Agents ( like myself) are so accustomed to the many sales and deals that are presented to us that it's become a ho-hum, just another email. Being D+ there's really not too many other benefits that will WOW us and make us want to jump on just another deal/no big deal.

Those newer cruisers often take the sales as something of a "really great deal" but in due time they'll see what's going on.

I'd better start cruising more so that I can become a "seasoned cruiser" and get those emails:)

I'd better start cruising more so that I can become a "seasoned cruiser" and get those emails:)

I just want you to know I had the perfect response to this, so don't ever say that I'm not nice to you.