New Blu Menu ?

cruise47

Can get both in BLU all the time...no idea if you can go to mdr and blu in same night.....why???

Thanks. Only reason we might want to go to both is that we have very different dietary needs in our party. But if I can get shrimp and steam veggies, that decreases need to go to MDR.

The menus look good.

It's interesting that the desserts are now on the main menu instead of on their own one that's presented after dinner.

Someone who is more detail oriented than I can check if the number of appetizers, soups, salads and entrees have been cut.

Only thing that made me sad was that someone on the cruise reported they couldn't get the vegetarian menu in Blu any longer.

I am a vegetarian and my husband a vegan so if we don't have a really good waiter/Maitre D' this will be a problem but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it and hope for the best.

We looked at old menus from Blu. Same number of items for appetizers soups and salads. Not sure about desserts, because they weren't on the original menu. So, bottom line, just as many options as before, just packaged differently on the menu. Perhaps passengers will order fewer items (but probably not 😄) with this set up. Having desserts on the main menu and ordered at the start of the meal will likely help throughput.

That is a nice feature that Celebrity has done! :)

Re:Ordering an entree sized appetizer.

I've done this on every cruise line and a lot of land based restaurants for years.

Nothing new and nothing special.

Re:Ordering an entree sized appetizer.

I've done this on every cruise line and a lot of land based restaurants for years.

Nothing new and nothing special.

We have requested appetizers as entrees before, but have not heard they 'entree' size it. Will try if there is an appetizer we would like. :)

We have requested appetizers as entrees before, but have not heard they 'entree' size it. Will try if there is an appetizer we would like. :)

I usually ask for a double portion if I'm having it as an entree.

You have to ask - most of our waiters have been wonderful but they aren't mind readers.

(Also, I NEVER demand!!! A "could you please......." goes really far)

The menus look good.

It's interesting that the desserts are now on the main menu instead of on their own one that's presented after dinner..

They have always been printed on the menu on display at the entrance to Blu.

When you sit down you get the menu without desserts and then the dessert menu after dinner.

Thanks. Only reason we might want to go to both is that we have very different dietary needs in our party. But if I can get shrimp and steam veggies, that decreases need to go to MDR.

I order a double shrimp cocktail in Blu almost every night. Never a problem.

I usually ask for a double portion if I'm having it as an entree.

You have to ask - most of our waiters have been wonderful but they aren't mind readers.

(Also, I NEVER demand!!! A "could you please......." goes really far)

Ahh, that makes sense on the size :). For sure, it is always better to ask and be appreciative of anyone working and helping you.

Good tip!

I have never been to Blu before. Can you go to MDR AND Blu on the same night?

I like to get shrimp cocktail and steamed double vegetables every night. Is that possible at Blu?

Thanks.

I'm sure the Blu will work with you regarding the vegetables. And there are four off-menu items that are always available: shrimp cocktail, escargot, Cesar salad and baked onion soup.

Just got off the Equinox and the dining room food was delicious.We booked Aqua class for next year on the Millie to Alaska.My question is can we eat in the main dining room instead of Blu? The posted menu's dosen,t really appeal to me at all.Too fancy for my liking.More so than the dining room! LOL :confused:

I have never been to Blu before. Can you go to MDR AND Blu on the same night?

I like to get shrimp cocktail and steamed double vegetables every night. Is that possible at Blu?

Thanks.

No you can not go to both.

Shrimp cocktail is offered every night in both the MDR and Blu (it's right on the menus pictured above). Yes you can always ask for double vegetables.

In addition, Caesar salad is always available in Blu every night.

Just got off the Equinox and the dining room food was delicious.We booked Aqua class for next year on the Millie to Alaska.My question is can we eat in the main dining room instead of Blu? The posted menu's dosen,t really appeal to me at all.Too fancy for my liking.More so than the dining room! LOL :confused:

I'm not sure why you find Blu fancier than the MDR. In fact the Blu preparations are less butter/greasy laden fare. Also the same "every day" classics are available in both dining rooms.

However, on any specific evening, if you prefer to go to the MDR you may go their select dining entrance instead.

I was used to a 4 course menu in blu (Appetizer, Soup/Salad, Entree, Dessert), now it looks like 3 course. Or did I order wrong all the time I was in blu? :-)

You could actually order 5 courses if you want.

Appetizer

Soup

Salad

Entree

Dessert

(and a cheese course to make it 6)

They've just put all of the first three in the same place - probably to discourage people thinking they HAD to order all of them .

You could actually order 5 courses if you want.

Appetizer

Soup

Salad

Entree

Dessert

(and a cheese course to make it 6)

They've just put all of the first three in the same place - probably to discourage people thinking they HAD to order all of them .

Of course I know I can order what I like. But with the old menu, it seemed to be "normal" to have 4 courses. Now it looks like 3 so maybe people who are new to blu will stick with 3 then... to balance it, I will from now on order 5 instead of 4 (and gain even more weight as I can eat it, believe me :'))

Of course I know I can order what I like. But with the old menu, it seemed to be "normal" to have 4 courses. Now it looks like 3 so maybe people who are new to blu will stick with 3 then... to balance it, I will from now on order 5 instead of 4 (and gain even more weight as I can eat it, believe me :'))

I CAN'T eat 4 or 5 courses but may do the same.

I don't like being manipulated .

Can you technically get 2 or 3 entrees if you want? Since it's all-inclusive? :D

Yes.

I have actually found in the past that if I can't decide which entree to order and I ask the waiter he usually just brings both and says to taste each and eat the one I like better.

I was used to a 4 course menu in blu (Appetizer, Soup/Salad, Entree, Dessert), now it looks like 3 course. Or did I order wrong all the time I was in blu? :-)

They merely consolidated the soups, salads, and appetizers under "starters". They needed room to list the cocktails and everyday classics. You are still able to order 4 or 5 courses.

I have always chosen and appetizer and either a soup or salad.