Crown Princess Thoughts

mellon1

I was just reading some reviews about the Crown and they were not very good. Has anyone recently been on Crown to say how it is? We will be on in 2018 Jan/Feb for 34 days and are kinda concerned now. People are talking about smells in the room, not clean, etc. etc. I know it is going into drydock April 2018, so just wondering. Thanks for any input.

Any given Sunday. Your mileage may vary. Etc.

I was on the Crown for 33 days earlier this year and had no issues. In fact, the MDR staff, the Vines staff, and the Crooners staff were top tier. Our Mini Suite was in fine shape - the sofa and mattress were better than average.

Every ship, ever cruise has its problems and it is IMHO due to good or bad luck. A bad waiter or cabin steward, a clogged toilet, a missed port, etc. can happen on any ship and any cruise.

Edited by tcdcruiser

I was just reading some reviews about the Crown and they were not very good. Has anyone recently been on Crown to say how it is? We will be on in 2018 Jan/Feb for 34 days and are kinda concerned now. People are talking about smells in the room, not clean, etc. etc. I know it is going into drydock April 2018, so just wondering. Thanks for any input.

Not sure what ship the others were on but there were no problems as you describe above on our cruise on Crown.

We would go on her tomorrow without any problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We would go on her tomorrow without any problem.

Just got off Crown last Saturday and are due to go again end of July. Need I say more.

Yes, she is getting on in years, but we did not find anything that needed a complaint and the staff were great.

A cruise is what you make it and we count ourselves lucky that we can still afford it. I'm sure you will be fine. :):D:p

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you everyone for the reaffirmation. Last year we did CB and others had some concerns, but we loved it. For the amount of time we are going, it is always a concern when you hear others putting a ship down. I feel much better now and so does hubby.

I was glad to hear about the beds being good. Somewhere I read they were new in the suites/mini suites, which is a BIG plus.

Don't know what I would do without you all and your vast knowledge.

Thanks again.

I was also on the Crown for 33 days this past February & March. No issues. Everything was normal. You will always find negative reviews, and there will always be some isolated issues. I would not hesitate to book the Crown again.

I was on the Crown this past Oct/Nov for 28 days. Only problem was our toilet seemed to get clogged often. Never had that happen before. Our bed was quite comfortable (as opposed to our bed on the Royal Princess we just recently got off. ). Staff was great. Have a wonderful cruise.

I was on the Emerald for 2 weeks last Sept. I was on the Crown for 2 weeks in Feb. I just finished a week on the Ruby last week.

Except for the ports, I can't tell the ships apart -- and that's their charm for me. I know what to expect & where to locate it. The food varies little (always better than what I'd have at home!); the service always w/a smile.

I always take my own egg crate mattress pad (have for years!); still do, despite the new bedding.

I've never had any real problems on a cruise. Sometimes the weather is better than on others (fantastic last week in Alaska!). Sometimes we miss a port (4 ports in 35 cruises!). Sometimes other passengers you'd prefer not to meet.

Advice: be patient, be polite, expect to enjoy the cruise (& you surely will) & be flexible!

I was on the Crown this past Oct/Nov for 28 days. Only problem was our toilet seemed to get clogged often. Never had that happen before. Our bed was quite comfortable (as opposed to our bed on the Royal Princess we just recently got off. ). Staff was great. Have a wonderful cruise.

Your problem was almost certainly caused by your neighbors. Some people refuse to not flush inappropriate items and they clog the main line for multiple cabins. If everybody would stick to the rules then the toilet issue would (for the most part) go away. It must make the maintenance folks onboard crazy having to deal with this issue over and over when it is easily avoided.

It's me again! Just reading on another post that the Crown does NOT have the new beds/bedding. I thought the suites and mini-suites had the new beds/bedding. Has anyone been in a full suite and know if the new beds were there? We are going to be in D737. The new beds for us are wonderful. I know we could not take being on a horrible mattress for 34 days.

We have just come off the Crown and had a full suite. We had the new bed/bedding.

You made my day. I am soooo very happy to have the new beds!! I will be sure to bring my own duvet for the comforter. I didn't want to have to pack it unnecessarily...but if they don't have them I will bring it no problem. Thanks sooooooo very much.

We will be on the Crown in 2 weeks and I'll write a review when we get back. We sailed her before and enjoyed our cruise, but that was 8 years ago.

:).

Are you on the Midnight Sun & Summer Solstice Norway cruise? I am :)

We did the Eastbound transatlantic on Crown this year and thought it the worst out of 65 Princess cruises. It was a struggle from beginning to end to get things fixed right, the same food was served in the buffet time day after day until it was eaten,, the food in the dining room was less than usual standard, the entertainments crew were lazy and unhelpful except the Zumba guy Theo who was excellent, the shows were lack luster generally, it just wasn't fun at all, we were pleased to debark.

Then we had two delightful weeks on Majestic almost straight after, what a difference.

In response to the thread title:

Crown Princess Thoughts...

Those who have a complaint, whether major or minor, will generally find the time to complain. Thus you see complaints posted here. The vast majority of cruisers who have no complaints at all don't tend to come here to "not complain". Take the complaints with a very large amount of scepticism. Yes, things go wrong. No, they aren't the norm and almost everybody has a great cruise. Even the other people on the "cruise from hell" that might be posted here likely had a great time.