Oasis of the Seas Incident

1)I was at the Oasis in March 2016 and boarding was delayed. On the registration the officer told us that the ship could not be boarded because it was being disinfected, a passenger was infected with chickenpox.

Anyone can become ill or die on board, if the stateroom was sealed it was for the safety of the other passengers and the evidence.

2)I will never go back to a RCCL again because a couple of passengers boarded with 2 dogs in a baby stroller, asked why and they told me they had a certificate issued by a vet who were company dogs. Obviously, these passengers had no disability and there was evidently corruption.

Chicken pox and dogs on board aghhh

19030424_1918265385082923_8173276205176742770_n.jpg?oh=6f4729dbd317a78e57c444ee5a4bcac0&oe=59A6478F[/q

uote]

Changing to another cruise line will NOT help with dogs on board. Holland is way worse. To play devils avocate, sometimes a disability can't be seen. Some dogs are trained for hearing, diabetic shock, even knowing that the owner will soon have a stroke. They do not need a certificate. The airlines/cruiselines can only ask what the dog/monkey etc. is trained to do.

I read a review a few years ago for the Hal Amsterdam. There was a woman who had a small dog, dressed it daily in different outfits, pushed it around in a stroller, let it eat off her plate in the MDR and other such nonsense, even had her room steward take it potty and baby sit it while she was on excursions. From what I read, this was clearly an abuse of the ADA.

Some cruisers are reluctent to board their pets or have someone care for them at home resulting in this inconvience and lack of respect to other passengers. BTW, the above mentioned woman was on a world cruise, not just a shorter 7 day.

We have sailed with many guide dogs for the blind. These dogs sit at their owners feet, are well behaved and not dressed in cute outfits eating off the owners plates!!

This surely is a ME ME ME world :eek:

1)I was at the Oasis in March 2016 and boarding was delayed. On the registration the officer told us that the ship could not be boarded because it was being disinfected, a passenger was infected with chickenpox.

Anyone can become ill or die on board, if the stateroom was sealed it was for the safety of the other passengers and the evidence.

2)I will never go back to a RCCL again because a couple of passengers boarded with 2 dogs in a baby stroller, asked why and they told me they had a certificate issued by a vet who were company dogs. Obviously, these passengers had no disability and there was evidently corruption.

Chicken pox and dogs on board aghhh

19030424_1918265385082923_8173276205176742770_n.jpg?oh=6f4729dbd317a78e57c444ee5a4bcac0&oe=59A6478F[/q

uote]

Changing to another cruise line will NOT help with dogs on board. Holland is way worse. To play devils avocate, sometimes a disability can't be seen. Some dogs are trained for hearing, diabetic shock, even knowing that the owner will soon have a stroke. They do not need a certificate. The airlines/cruiselines can only ask what the dog/monkey etc. is trained to do.

I read a review a few years ago for the Hal Amsterdam. There was a woman who had a small dog, dressed it daily in different outfits, pushed it around in a stroller, let it eat off her plate in the MDR and other such nonsense, even had her room steward take it potty and baby sit it while she was on excursions. From what I read, this was clearly an abuse of the ADA.

Some cruisers are reluctent to board their pets or have someone care for them at home resulting in this inconvience and lack of respect to other passengers. BTW, the above mentioned woman was on a world cruise, not just a shorter 7 day.

We have sailed with many guide dogs for the blind. These dogs sit at their owners feet, are well behaved and not dressed in cute outfits eating off the owners plates!!

This surely is a ME ME ME world :eek:

Certificates for "comfort dogs" can be purchased for $50 on the Internet. I hope this abuse does not make it hard for people who have real disabilities and need service dogs like blind people, PTSD, etc. won't suffer. Doggies in strollers or dressed in cute little outfits or are untrained and bark uncontrollably probably have the $50 certificate. The Cruise Lines should crack down.

Thanks you for update. I would guess that someone passed away in cabin under suspicious circumstances and that is why it is padlocked until authorities can see it. This is just my opinion.

I agree they may have committed suicide right in the cabin.

That's a new one.

FWIW, Bob met her this weekend and gave his seal of approval.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

When I say we are terrier people, I mean we are terrier people. My 4 adult dogs are a Yorkie, 2 Welsh Terriers and a Wire Fox Terrier. As a child we raised scotties, also, a bit landsharkish, we also had a Wire Fox Terrier, and 3 schnauzers. My brother is on the Sealyham terrier national board.

So, my sister, who didn't seem to inherit the terrier side, had a couple of chihauhuas an Old English Shephard and the landshark.

Imagine, I am in graduate school in North Carolina, we come home for Xmas at my sisters. I am holding the landshark because that is what I do. My 90 year old mother of my sister-in-law comes by to give me a hug, and the landshark tore her arm wide open. There was no drama, there was no noise there was just a giant bite, then still sitting calmly in my lap. Needless to say it was crazy for the next several minutes. Rowdy was her name, and she was a silent killer. God help a rodent in her backyard. That said, I love even landsharks, and my SIL's mother was fine after a wrap and a good glass of wine.

JC

Changing to another cruise line will NOT help with dogs on board. Holland is way worse. To play devils avocate, sometimes a disability can't be seen.

Case in point; The Cancer Center at the Health Sciences Center where I work described a case where the behavior of a family dog correlated with the incidence of cancer in its owner. The cancer was treated and the pet's behavior returned to normal. A year later, the dog started acting strangely toward his owner and at the next office visit, it as determined that the cancer had recurred. There are things that we just don't yet understand...

Case in point; The Cancer Center at the Health Sciences Center where I work described a case where the behavior of a family dog correlated with the incidence of cancer in its owner. The cancer was treated and the pet's behavior returned to normal. A year later, the dog started acting strangely toward his owner and at the next office visit, it as determined that the cancer had recurred. There are things that we just don't yet understand...

However, cancer detecting dogs are not allowed in public areas or cruise ships under the ADA.

Why would I want to know the reason for an emergency - if it does not affect or involve me?

Seriously, I don't get this rubber necking thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, if the cabin next to you was on fire, would you want to wait until it affected you to find out about it?

Thank you I won't post again.

That is not what I said. Post opinions, post facts that you personally are aware of, but we don't need unsubstantiated rumors. We can get plenty of that from the local media.

They could be "comfort" dogs. Nonetheless, service dogs have been allowed on ship, in airplane, and restaurants for many many years. You will find them on other ships also. As for chickenpox, if it was limited to one cabin, then it was brought on board. Royal Caribbean (nor any other cruise line) cannot give a health screen to everyone that boards.

Nonetheless, if you don't want to sail on Royal Caribbean, that is your choice.

Is there another way for chicken pox to get onto a ship?

This thread has taken 3 different turns...... and 14 pages later, there's no conclusion. However, WHY do we need a conclusion? As one previous poster stated, it didn't affect the cruise and WE are not directly involved.....let it go. Speculation serves no purpose. There a lock on the room door. Great. Leave it at that. Perhaps it was a private party and WE weren't invited.

Many aren't happy unless they're complaining about something. Those same people are dying to know what happened.

Let it go people. Go back to reading the National Enquirer.

This thread has taken 3 different turns...... and 14 pages later, there's no conclusion. However, WHY do we need a conclusion? As one previous poster stated, it didn't affect the cruise and WE are not directly involved.....let it go. Speculation serves no purpose. There a lock on the room door. Great. Leave it at that. Perhaps it was a private party and WE weren't invited.

Many aren't happy unless they're complaining about something. Those same people are dying to know what happened.

Let it go people. Go back to reading the National Enquirer.

Or Whodunnit.