Captain's Club Points for Solo Travelers

johhnnyt

Just a word to the folks like myself that pay the double occupancy rate and then just use the cabin for one person

DOUBLE CHECK THAT YOU ARE CREDITED WITH DOUBLE CAPTAIN CLUB CREDITS

I noticed it for the first time today, that they had only given me the half the amount I was entitled to,

called up Captains Club, and they told me I was correct and they would double the points of the cruises since (and including) my 2014 sailings (doesn't include sailings before that)

In my case it added an additional 334 points to my tally towards Zenith (which I think I'll reach by age 115 clear.png?emoji-grin-1677)

When they first started doing this, I didn't get the double points for the first cruise I took after the program started. A call put everything right. Hasn't been a problem since then. You're ahead of me, I won't make Zenith until I'm about 150. :)

You made me chuckle.:') I know we won't make Zenith until the same age if even then. We usually travel in suites and numerous times a year but that will never get us to the big Z even traveling as a couple. Traveling solo makes it so much more expensive.

Having said all that, the suites benefits are sweet and not sure what the Big Z would add.

K

Edited by Oville

I've never yet had them actually give me double credits for a cruise without calling Captain's Club. I just make a note after each cruise to check my points and then call Captain's Club...they are very pleasant about adding them every time, but I don't understand why they can't seem to fix their system so that the points are put in correctly to begin with. I'm hoping to hit Zenith before I turn 100...but I'll probably be at least 95. :D

You made me chuckle.:') I know we won't make Zenith until the same age if even then. We usually travel in suites and numerous times a year but that will never get us to the big Z even traveling as a couple. Traveling solo makes it so much more expensive.

Having said all that, the suites benefits are sweet and not sure what the Big Z would add.

K

You're right, Katie, Zenith would add nothing to the suite experience that you don't already get by being in a suite. It would, however, enhance the experience when not in a suite. I don't book suites unless the people I'm traveling with are also in suites. Can't have dinner together if not all in the same category. That's not to say that I don't love the suite experience, but it's a bit pricey as a single! So it has to be reserved for an occasional extravagance.

K

Zeniths receive unlimited internet and laundry including Dry Cleaning. Also receive a Premium drink package. Only top Suites received the same. Zenith members are also invited to special events, such as luncheons and dinners with officers. Zeniths, as frequent cruisers tend to know staff and that can be beneficial Once a Zenith you really don't have an advantage, other than space in booking a Suite..For a solo: Remember, if you share a cabin the other person sharing with you also receives the Zenith benefits. I know some who really appreciate that!

Zeniths receive unlimited internet and laundry including Dry Cleaning. Also receive a Premium drink package. Only top Suites received the same. Zenith members are also invited to special events, such as luncheons and dinners with officers. Zeniths, as frequent cruisers tend to know staff and that can be beneficial Once a Zenith you really don't have an advantage, other than space in booking a Suite..For a solo: Remember, if you share a cabin the other person sharing with you also receives the Zenith benefits. I know some who really appreciate that!

I do hope you are right they are entitled the same benefits.On my last cruise my cabin mate didn't get the same benefits as I was.I wonder why?

Didn't realize that Zeniths got all those wonderful benefits. They're definitely worth it. But I'll still be too old by the time I become Zenith. Just a lowly Zen (a trace over halfway there).

Didn't realize that Zeniths got all those wonderful benefits. They're definitely worth it. But I'll still be too old by the time I become Zenith. Just a lowly Zen (a trace over halfway there).

At some time I hope that they create a level between Elite+ and Zenith, but that's another thread.

Same here, when they added in my double points it put me to the 1650 ish mark, so a long way to go to get that ith :D

For my solo cruise on the Equinox last December, they only credited me the regular amount of club points not the double. However they did also give my DW the regular club points for that cruise even though she was not on the reservation or ship.

I had to call to get my double points assigned properly.

Charles, I don't believe that is true. They are allowed to go to events and Michael's Club but they do not get internet, drink packages and the other benefits. Friends and relatives who have traveled with me got their own level benefits.

Charles, I don't believe that is true. They are allowed to go to events and Michael's Club but they do not get internet, drink packages and the other benefits. Friends and relatives who have traveled with me got their own level benefits.

On a recent cruise saw two people who shared a cabin and both had the black card. Only one was a Zenith. Now this may have been an exception as Celebrity is inconsistent. Really doesn't matter since the non Zenith can get drinks in MC and the internet and laundry are unlimited. Wouldn't shock me to learn that they shared international and laundry.

On a recent cruise saw two people who shared a cabin and both had the black card. Only one was a Zenith. Now this may have been an exception as Celebrity is inconsistent. Really doesn't matter since the non Zenith can get drinks in MC and the internet and laundry are unlimited. Wouldn't shock me to learn that they shared international and laundry.

I don't keep track of people or notice their cards so I can only speak from my own experience.

I don't keep track of people or notice their cards so I can only speak from my own experience.

I might notice a card if on a lanyard. I also don't care about cabins, only people.

Just a word to the folks like myself that pay the double occupancy rate and then just use the cabin for one person

DOUBLE CHECK THAT YOU ARE CREDITED WITH DOUBLE CAPTAIN CLUB CREDITS

Thanks Johhnny! I was also on the May 17th Infinity. Thanks to your comment, I double checked my account and found that I too received only one half of the points. A quick call to Captains Club and it was fixed. Also EP, and not expecting to ever make Zenith. It's such a large gap, I am also hoping they add another level.

Pat

The "Zenith" level was always there, it just didn't have a name and benefits weren't clearly defined so there was an even larger gap between being Elite and the top level. As soon as they gave recognition to another level people started complaining that they need more.;p

I've had to call every time to get my points doubled. Captain's Club has always fixed it quickly, but it is mildly annoying that they can't figure it out without prompting from me.

However, it's not annoying enough for me to stop cruising with Celebrity, so there you go. ;)