Skywalkers Removal on Star Princess? Rumour or Truth?

RyanR1982

Some people on Facebook are saying that on the upcoming dry dock in December that Skywalkers will be removed? I have been doing searching and there is nothing being said about this please tell me this a rumour or someone just starting it.

Some people are also saying on Facebook that they've met aliens and that Elvis is alive and well and working in a Burger King in Macon, Georgia. If you choose to get your news from Facebook, that is the level of reliability you should expect. In short, no, the Star will not be undergoing a Skywalker-ectomy.

Some people on Facebook are saying that on the upcoming dry dock in December that Skywalkers will be removed? I have been doing searching and there is nothing being said about this please tell me this a rumour or someone just starting it.

I believe it was removed on the Grand due to the type of metal used when she was built.

The Grand sustained cracks in that structure.

The Star (2001 or 2002?) came 2 to 3 years after the Grand (1998)........

I thought subsequent ships were made with a lighter metal.

I guess it's possible and I have not heard or read anything about it until now.

I hope not. It's one of the reasons I will never sail the Grand again. :(

All too often, someone posts that they "heard" that Skywalker's was being removed from "xyz" ship. They heard it from crew. Always follow the money. Unless there was a technical or structural reason or replacement with cabins or other revenue generating streams, Princess won't spend the enormous amount of money needed to make such a major reconstruction. It's not economically feasible for them.

All too often, someone posts that they "heard" that Skywalker's was being removed from "xyz" ship. They heard it from crew. Always follow the money. Unless there was a technical or structural reason or replacement with cabins or other revenue generating streams, Princess won't spend the enormous amount of money needed to make such a major reconstruction. It's not economically feasible for them.

Exactly.....:):):)

Bob

Some people are also saying on Facebook that they've met aliens and that Elvis is alive and well and working in a Burger King in Macon, Georgia. If you choose to get your news from Facebook, that is the level of reliability you should expect. In short, no, the Star will not be undergoing a Skywalker-ectomy.

That's true, isn't it?

That is a complete and absolute falsehood. I just saw Elvis eating a burger at a place in Miami. He said he was waiting for the water to receed.

Just one more reason to be glad I don't have a Facebook account. :rolleyes:

But without a Facebook account, where do you get your cat videos, wild-eyed rumors, and recipes that you never want to make? ;p

Skywalker on the Grand, was steel, the extra weight caused a bow up attitude, causing a slight planing attitude, ruining fuel mileage, when she was made steel to aluminum welding he not been perfected on a large scale, the other ships have aluminum Construction for Skywalkers

Skywalker on the Grand, was steel, the extra weight caused a bow up attitude, causing a slight planing attitude, ruining fuel mileage, when she was made steel to aluminum welding he not been perfected on a large scale, the other ships have aluminum Construction for Skywalkers

I always though the Grand was cruising with its nose in the air kind of attitude. :evilsmile: