Zaandam pop up sel de mer

wesport

We have done Sel de Mer on the Koningsdam and enjoyed it. We also have done the "pop up" on the Rotterdam. Surprisingly, we loved everything about it - even though it was featured in the Pinnacle Grill vs a stand alone venue. Book ahead of time - prior to boarding. It was a sellout on our cruise!

I did not see Zaandam listed as a ship that would receive this event. I would be interested in booking such if it was available. I love good seafood!

I asked the PG Manger on board the Noordam last night and was told that the smaller HAL ships will be the last to get Sel de Mer.

We tried the Sel de Mer on the Nieuw Amsterdam as it was replacing the Cirque dinners we had pre ordered.

When we were done we cancelled the reservation we had on the second leg of our cruise and told the PG manager that we sincerely hoped that the Cirque dinners would make a comeback. Our dining companions did the same thing.

The Sel de Mer menu didn't appeal to us at all.

Pop up or otherwise - we looked forward to Sel de Mer with great anticipation and salivating. However, it was a bust with the 4 of us, and we all much prefer the Master Chef's dinner, which it replaced.

Oops I meant Le Cirque not Master Chef dinner.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Forums mobile app

We're giving it a try next week as it has become available for Oosterdam. We'll see how it is. We both like seafood a lot and the menu items look interesting. It will all come down to preparation, presentation and service so will be part of my post cruise review.

We had it last week on the eurodam. Excellent . Three of us shared the large fruits de mer appetizer( had to pay a supplement) and then had fresh halibut. Second best meal on the ship -the first was Tamarind

For those of you who did not care for Sel de Mer - was it strictly a menu options situation (such as too limited) or did you not enjoy the food and/or service?

I have it booked for the Eurodam in September

The service was the usual excellent Pinnacle Grill Service.

I really like seafood dishes but nothing as described on the menu appealed. I forget what I did order---it was that memorable. We just will not bother again. If we are going to pay an up charge we want to feel as though it is worthwhile and the Sel de Mer certainly wasn't. On the other hand we absolutely love the Pinnacle and loved the Cirque.

Of course food tastes are very subjective so you should try it and see for yourself if you think it is worth the money.