Early Saver Balcony Bonus Rate

mjhouse2

Thanks for heads up on this. Was able to get the $100 OBC on our Premium Balcony room. I love Cruise Critic for the great information I have been able to find here. Just made our original reservation over the weekend so wouldn't have done a new price check without seeing this post. Thanks again.

Jane

Took advantage of this in a big way today. It's also a half deposit rate. To clarify, it is $50 OBC per cabin on cruises of 2 to 5 days, and $100 OBC per cabin on cruises of 6 days or more.

I price matched and got $100 OBC for each of my Conquest cruises, and my Splendor Hawaii cruise.

I then booked a B2B on the Pride for October 2018 and got the $100 OBC on each leg. I'm one happy guy!!! :D:D:D

It won't do me any good. This rate is $140(total) more than what I booked in February. It would have been nice to have an additional $100 OBC to go with the booking onboard $100 OBC(old program).

I could see that happening. The cruises that I price matched to were almost a year or more out and the price had not gone up yet. I could not price match to my upcoming Magic cruises because the rates had gone up quite a bit since I originally booked.

So if your rate has gone up $100 or more since you booked it wouldn't make sense to price match. Also make sure you don't have any OBC attached to your original booking as you will lose it.

I could see that happening. The cruises that I price matched to were almost a year or more out and the price had not gone up yet. I could not price match to my upcoming Magic cruises because the rates had gone up quite a bit since I originally booked.

So if your rate has gone up $100 or more since you booked it wouldn't make sense to price match. Also make sure you don't have any OBC attached to your original booking as you will lose it.

Assuming Carnival grandfathers onboard reservations made under the old system, I won't lose the only $100 OBC that I have. It stays with the booking no matter what rate I match.

Assuming Carnival grandfathers onboard reservations made under the old system, I won't lose the only $100 OBC that I have. It stays with the booking no matter what rate I match.

That is true. The booking on board OBC is not lost. :D

Our cruise went up $20, but we got the $100 OBC which we didn't have before, so we basically saved $80. I'm happy with that!

FWIW I was told it was $50 per person, for the first 2 guests. We have a 3 person balcony, so received $100.

Just price matched to this for our 2019 cruise and got $100 OBC. Anyone else booked in a balcony might want to do a fare check to see if this would work for you.:D

I checked today also. Called Carnival and was given $100 OBC and knocked $100 off my balance owed!! :D Thanks for sharing this information with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain this to me better? I booked an Early Saver for Feb 2018. The original price of the 4S cabin dropped $74. We have a $50 obc. So i would lose the obc? And when I call carnival, what do I say to them?

Can someone explain this to me better? I booked an Early Saver for Feb 2018. The original price of the 4S cabin dropped $74. We have a $50 obc. So i would lose the obc? And when I call carnival, what do I say to them?

During current promotion, you would lose your on board credit.

You fill out a form on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums