I hate packages

yuvraj

Drinks packages, dinning packages, internet packages, spa packages. No doubt excursion packages will be on offer soon.

I hate them all. The deliberation and pontificating over whether they are worth it, the caveats, restrictions, etc. Plus sometimes they are simply a con when you go on board and find special offers that make the packages pointless.

Is it just me? Posting this because I am hoping there are others who like me just don't like pre-booking packages.

BTW. I drink sensibly. I eat in speciality restaurants. I have the odd spa treatment. I do all this without busting my budget or feeling the need to buy packages to save a few dollars. Why does everybody think they need to pre-book a package?

Not sure what´s the Problem. They offer something and it´s up to you to buy or not. As Long as everything offered within the packages can be purchased individually as well I don´t see a Problem.

I buy what makes sense to me and that is usually not the package, but why should I hate the package offer. If RCI or any other cruiseline can make Money with it, there´s nothing I can hate about it.

I personally like them, but it really depends on your personality. Some people, like me, like to have as much as possible planned and paid for in advance. I like this because I can split the charges over a longer period of time and it's not such a big hit at once. I also like it because it means once I get on board I don't have to worry about what things cost or what my bill is going to be at the end, I can just enjoy and not think about it. Now, I don't drink, but I do get the soda package, and we do like specialty restaurants so the packages represent a good deal that you may or may not be able to match once you get onboard. I'm not sure why you would hate them, but if you do no one is forcing you to book them.

Is there better details on the ship than on the planner? I was looking at the Premium drinks package but not sure if it's worth it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drinks packages, dinning packages, internet packages, spa packages. No doubt excursion packages will be on offer soon.

I hate them all. The deliberation and pontificating over whether they are worth it, the caveats, restrictions, etc. Plus sometimes they are simply a con when you go on board and find special offers that make the packages pointless.

Is it just me? Posting this because I am hoping there are others who like me just don't like pre-booking packages.

BTW. I drink sensibly. I eat in speciality restaurants. I have the odd spa treatment. I do all this without busting my budget or feeling the need to buy packages to save a few dollars. Why does everybody think they need to pre-book a package?

Definitely the drinks and dining packages are, in my experience, much more expensive on board

We are on the Anthem right now and my husband said he'd gladly pay for a "don't harass me package" which includes a bracelet so no one approaches him on board to try to sell him anything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't understand what the complaint is. Nobody is forcing you to buy or even consider any packages.

Offering packages provides choices. I don't see any problem with that. At least they don't set up their packages like auto makers do where you have to buy a moon roof if you want an upgraded sound system.:rolleyes:

I don't normally book any kind of package but we did the 5nt dining package on Oasis, pre-booked at $110. Weird thing was we also booked Solarium at night for the price of $0.00. We didn't have one meal in the MDR but I'm reading the quality is going down and the food is cold.

If I can get $110 for the dining package on Oasis, I'll do it every time. Food was amazing and I feel at $110 it's a good value.

I don't like that they put so many restrictions on the packages, I think it's unfair when anyone does that. If you paid for xyz, you should get xyz, not x, half of y and only z during the hours of 1-3am.

I prebook the drink and internet package because it is cheaper so I save money. And I book the bungalows so if they sell out then I have it. Not busting budget. Just being smart.

We were kind of on the same page as OP when packages first came out, I was very anti-drink package because of the restrictions, no bucket of beer etc. Then we cruised NCL were the package was "free" and we haven't cruised with out a drink package since on any cruise line. We don't fret over will we get our money's worth, we just so enjoyed walking off that NCL cruise owing $0.00 Now we do that on all cruises.

We are on the Anthem right now and my husband said he'd gladly pay for a "don't harass me package" which includes a bracelet so no one approaches him on board to try to sell him anything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's :D:D

Not sure what your RANT is all about, honestly, who cares, if you don't like a package move on , kind of simple.:rolleyes:

There actually is a tour package. I got it on a cruise on Serenade of the Seas that I took to Norway in 2015. It featured a particular cruise in each port, and there was a decent discount to the price of buying them separately.

When it comes to packages, simpler is best. If you end up feeling deceived about what you purchased, and got less than you expected because the restrictions on the package were too hard to understand, then it's not a good package.

But sometimes packages can be good. I bought the internet package for the cruise I just got back from, and it was better than having not bought it. I don't get the drink package because I don't drink enough to make it worth it, and I don't want to feel pressured to drink more in order to get my money's worth.

I think the cruise lines like it because it commits you in advance to a certain level of spending. Certainly the dinner package does this. Once you've paid for the dinners, you're going to go. It's easy to decide against going once you get busy and distracted on the cruise itself, whatever your intentions at the outset, so in general packages are good for the cruise company. But they can be good for the passenger too if they meet your circumstances/preferences.

I'm with you on this one. :cool: