Window Suites

LazyMary

Can somebody who's stayed in one of these give me a comparison of the size of the shower stall to an ordinary cabin? Bigger? Smaller? No noticeable difference?

The shower in a suite is considerably bigger. A large person would be quite comfortable. You no longer need to lather up the walls and spin around to get clean in the suite showers. The tubs are jetted and some special spa type crystals are available for the tub if you choose to soak.

Also you are provided full size tubes of shampoo , conditioner and shower gel along with the other suite / elite bathroom amenities.

The shower in a suite is considerably bigger. A large person would be quite comfortable. You no longer need to lather up the walls and spin around to get clean in the suite showers. The tubs are jetted and some special spa type crystals are available for the tub if you choose to soak.

Also you are provided full size tubes of shampoo , conditioner and shower gel along with the other suite / elite bathroom amenities.

Good to know! My tall DH has long arms with elbows that bang into shower walls a lot, making him very sad. He's a shower-only type of guy, where I dearly love a nice soak in a tub. Might make both of us very happy.

Can somebody who's stayed in one of these give me a comparison of the size of the shower stall to an ordinary cabin? Bigger? Smaller? No noticeable difference?

Square and fully glass enclosed; no shower curtain wrapping around your body. Could fit two average sized people.

This is the bathroom in the Window Suite F305 on the Caribbean Princess:

32771734450_a838eb642e_z.jpgP1060484 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

33154514725_c90f57b79f_z.jpgP1060485 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

33154514535_727e62abbe_z.jpgP1060486 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

33154514445_5264c145c6_z.jpgP1060487 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

32998317212_d37e84fc44_z.jpgP1060488 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

I'm trying to decide if I want to move my Alaska cruise up a week earlier to try one of these suites. Question for those who have been on cruisetours: would you rather have the connoisseur tour and a regular room (ours would be oceanview obstructed) or the regular tour with the window suite?

No doubt----take the connoisseur tour.

Have previously sailed in Window Suites on Grand / Caribbean / Golden (once each) and am hooked. We love the sanctuary and rarely use a balcony even if we have it, the window suites come at the price of a mid-range Mini with full suite benefits. Currently booked for two more, Caribbean in September and Grand in Spring '19.

What's great?

Full size jacuzzi tub PLUS separate glass enclosed shower.

Double sink vanity in the bath (bath is "galley style", longer than narrow, with a single entrance (unlike the loop in full suites)).

Living room with a sleeper loveseat (not so comfortable) and one or two side chairs.

TON's of storage. Seriously, no one can fill all the drawers and closets, no matter how long the cruise. Not joking - probably could store the contents of 10 - 15 pieces of luggage!

Large desk / flat storage area.

Space, space, space.

The only downside aside from the obvious lack of balcony is the ocean is RIGHT THERE in rough seas you will see splash on your windows which can be rough for people who are queasy.

We have only cruised 7 times so far and for three of those cruises we have booked the cheapest inside cabins. Thanks to free upgrades and upsell offers we have only sailed in an inside cabin once - on our first cruise. (How weird is that???) Not sure how that worked out but one of the free upgradxe was from the cheapest inside forward cabin to a handicapped accessible balcony on Caribe deck on Crown Princess. Holy Cow!

Thrak .... I have a theory, which I know others will disagree with, but we have well over 20 cruises on Princess and we've been given a free upgrade ... ONCE! It was also on the Crown ... which reminds me, I have to book a cruise on the Crown. hahaha! That upgrade was from an inside cabin to an obstructed oceanview cabin. But, don't get me wrong, it was an excellent upgrade!! I felt like I won the lottery ... I really did.

So, for my theory ... I think newbies do get upgrade / upsell offers more so than seasoned cruisers do on Princess. Nobody knows how the upgrade fairy works but it stands to reason that if we have a long cruising history, we're pretty much hooked. If they give the nicer experience to a new cruiser, they are looking to hook them as well ... what better way to do it than give them a really nice cabin, either for free or for a small fee. That theory probably holds no water but based on my experience, I still have a feeling some of this is in play.

BTW ... I agree with you ... $26K is way too much to pay for a cruise. That's my cruising budget for several years!! But, if you've got, may as well spend it. You can't take it with you. I don't have it, either ... but even if I did, I couldn't see to spend that much on one cruise.

I booked the 305 window suite for the coastal sailing on the Grand on April 7 of next year. We've done a lot of coastals, so I'm looking at the ws as being the destination. The cost was $200 more per person over the premium oceanview on Lido, and for a one-off I think that's fine. I'm pretty much a cheapskate when it comes to cabins. In fact, I'd probably still be booking insides if my poor husband hadn't rebelled and demanded some daylight. But I really like the notion of doing this once.

Thrak ....

So, for my theory ... I think newbies do get upgrade / upsell offers more so than seasoned cruisers do on Princess. Nobody knows how the upgrade fairy works but it stands to reason that if we have a long cruising history, we're pretty much hooked. If they give the nicer experience to a new cruiser, they are looking to hook them as well ... what better way to do it than give them a really nice cabin, either for free or for a small fee. That theory probably holds no water but based on my experience, I still have a feeling some of this is in play.

BTW ... I agree with you ... $26K is way too much to pay for a cruise. That's my cruising budget for several years!! But, if you've got, may as well spend it. You can't take it with you. I don't have it, either ... but even if I did, I couldn't see to spend that much on one cruise.

I have cruised with Princess over 41 cruise credits (some are counted as double cruises due to suites). I have had upsell offers on the last 5 - 6 cruises. I never sail in a category below mini's and take the upsell to a full suite every time it has been offered. I cruise 3 - 4 times per year. I was thinking maybe they offer these upsells to their customers who spend a lot VS newbies or maybe it's because it's a higher category which is usually not newbies who jump on such an offer. The upsell fairy doesn't share her secrets.

I looked into booking a window suite but it says two twins/sofa/rollaway for four people. Are they not able to convert the twins in these rooms?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they can convert to queens.

I have cruised with Princess over 41 cruise credits (some are counted as double cruises due to suites). I have had upsell offers on the last 5 - 6 cruises. I never sail in a category below mini's and take the upsell to a full suite every time it has been offered. I cruise 3 - 4 times per year. I was thinking maybe they offer these upsells to their customers who spend a lot VS newbies or maybe it's because it's a higher category which is usually not newbies who jump on such an offer. The upsell fairy doesn't share her secrets.

I've never gotten those offers on Princess .... have been given complimentary upgrades on Celebrity 4 times ... very good upgrades as a matter of fact ... and have half the number of cruises on them as I do with Princess. We've booked any and everything except for suites on Princess ... the only time I was offered an upgrade was when I went from that inside cabin to an oceanview. We always put in for a meta upgrade but never any offers .... pay or otherwise, even from a mini-suite. I guess I must be in that tweener stage ... not a newbie and don't have 41 cruise credits with Princess ... but am working on it. I'd like one ... but it's ok ...for the most part, I have ended up with very lovely accommodations anyway. If I want to be spoiled, I sail on Celebrity. I think my name is in that system somewhere. Don't know how I have gotten so lucky but am oh, so appreciative that it has made its way there. :)

I looked into booking a window suite but it says two twins/sofa/rollaway for four people. Are they not able to convert the twins in these rooms?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they can convert the two twins into one bed. The window suites are a little tighter on living space than the say, the Vista suites. If you look down in our signature, there is a link to a review for F305 on the Caribbean Princess. There are pictures that show the suite, along with what it looks like, with the sofa bed opened up. This will give you a good idea of nightime arrangements.

Yes, they can convert the two twins into one bed. The window suites are a little tighter on living space than the say, the Vista suites. If you look down in our signature, there is a link to a review for F305 on the Caribbean Princess. There are pictures that show the suite, along with what it looks like, with the sofa bed opened up. This will give you a good idea of nightime arrangements.

I clicked through from your signature link and read through your CB review. Very nice! Great pics and info. :)

We also got an upsell from the premium view room to a WS. That was our second cruise and (of course) first time in a suite. Since then we've stayed in the WS whenever we can convince others to share the room. About 2 1/2 the size of 2 insides and all the suite benefits.

Keep saying, I don't really like sharing a room, but for the price and the benefits, we'll continue with 4 in the room; AND we ALL get double cruise credits!

We had a Window Suite on the Caribbean Princess for our British Isles cruise. It was divine. My husband still talks about how much he enjoyed breakfast in Sabatini's, and it was wonderful to order dinner from the dining room menu to enjoy in our suite -- after long days in port, eating dinner in our PJs was bliss.

I don't know if I'd book a Window Suite on a warm-weather cruise, but for a cooler climate, it was perfect. I hope we get to stay in one again in the future!

Suites are sooooooooooooooooooo very far beyond our budget. We are lucky we can cruise at all. I just checked pricing for a suite on our 2019 cruise. Over $26k per person. Really? For 14 days??

I know a lot of folks have a lot more money than we have (and strangely enough, while I am a wee bit jealous, I really have a real problem with that) but, for us, that is a freaking fortune. For those with the cash I say, "Enjoy your cruise and your suite!!!"

I thought spending $20k for the two of us in a balcony was totally crazy. More than twice that per person is a bit boggling to me. I grew up pretty dang poor. (Yes there are others who had it worse - I understand that - but, for most folks, we were in the bottom portion of income.) To my family cruising was only for bazillionaires, Imagine how surprised I am to be able to cruise.

We have only cruised 7 times so far and for three of those cruises we have booked the cheapest inside cabins. Thanks to free upgrades and upsell offers we have only sailed in an inside cabin once - on our first cruise. (How weird is that???) Not sure how that worked out but one of the free upgradxe was from the cheapest inside forward cabin to a handicapped accessible balcony on Caribe deck on Crown Princess. Holy Cow!

Hmmm.

Just noticed I am having "blather fingers" and this is a rambling and mostly pointless post. D'Oh! Anyway.... My wife and I would dearly love to try a Window Suite. I just don't think we will ever be able to do so. One problem we would have with any kind of suite is making it to breakfast for the suit benefit. We tend to sleep in too darn late when cruising. It would be a drag to have breakfast in Sabatini's as a perk and then sleep through it. :eek:

This message is for Thrak:

Rumor has it that often....Ocean View or Ocean View obstructed are "sometimes" offered (upsell/upgrade) a Window Suite. Rarely are balcony cabins traded off for one. Good luck. Hope you snag one someday. Several times, we have been offered a regular suite in exchange for my Window Suite. No thank you...love the location. I don't miss the balcony or the puny walk in closet.