Celebrity Summit - Aqua Class Room Selection

Marleycruiser

I have the opportunity to go from the 9th floor Aqua Class mid ship cabin to an 11th floor Aqua Class stateroom, specifically cabin #1139..... I like the idea of being bale to walk down to the after bar for a pre dinner cocktail while the Mrs get's ready for dinner, but should I consider anything else?

Is the 9th floor center ship a better location?

Thank you in advance.

Really both would be fine locations. The cabins on deck 11 were added about 3 or 4 years ago. So everything in the cabins is newer than the ones on deck 9. Linens and such are the same but the bathroom, sliding doors, balconies are new (er). So I'd go with 1139. It's on the end, so you will have a good view from the balcony.

The Persian Gardens is what you are referring to. That is located on Deck 10 at the other end of the ship (bow). This is a small windowless room on Summit. I wouldn't get too excited. There are nice warm tile benches, a dry sauna, a steam room, but you'll probably only spend 10-15 minutes in there to be honest. Blue is downstairs on Deck 5 (aft). It is part of the Cosmopolitan Restaurant (separated by a wall-with different decor and food than the Cosmopolitan).

1139 is very convenient to the Sunset Bar and the buffet. There is almost no coverage on the balcony so there is a lot of sun. The balconies on the port and starboard side are more shallow than other balcony cabins. Depending on when you are planning to travel, noise from the Rooftop Terrace can be a problem on the balcony when there is a movie showing.

Deck 9 will probably be quieter and the balcony will be slightly deeper. The balcony will be covered, so it is shady. Views are slightly obstructed by the struts that support the upper level.

In the end, it depends on what is important to you.

Deck 11 is the much better location. No overhang - which I really dislike on deck 9.

Also the rooms are perfectly located for the buffet (the stairs in the AQ area lead right into Ocean View Cafe on deck 10) and Blu (the elevators go right down to the entrance of Blu).

Persian Garden on Millennium Class is not really nice as it has no windows and it pretty small. It is on deck 10 behind the gym.

If you are interested in pics of a Millenium class ship, here´s all about Constellation the sister ship. Not much different...

Also featuring pics of AQ stateroom on deck 11 and on deck 9.

SY0AWlfP4fk

I have the opportunity to go from the 9th floor Aqua Class mid ship cabin to an 11th floor Aqua Class stateroom, specifically cabin #1139..... I like the idea of being bale to walk down to the after bar for a pre dinner cocktail while the Mrs get's ready for dinner, but should I consider anything else?

Thank you in advance.

We were in 1139 on Infinity in March. Loved the location. Would grab it again in a heartbeat. It was an amazing location for our Panama Canal transit. Also convenient to run down the steps and grab a cocktail to enjoy on our balcony.

I'd do it. In fact we did it in 1139 on the Connie which is identical. It was a great cabin. No noise. Very convenient to the buffet and restaurant below. The elevator in your section actually lets you off in the middle of the buffet on Starboard side and right outside Blu & the MDR entrances. Plus as you pointed out, 13 steps down the ladder to the Sunset Bar.

Here is a view of our first morning sunrise taken about a year ago heading towards the Caribbean.

First%20morning%20Sunrise%20cabin%201139.jpg

Here's a view of 1139's balcony from inside. Don't forget a bungee cord to hold the door open if you want it open.

Cabin%201139%20balcony.jpg

And a view aft from the balcony for the sunset.

Connie%20cabin%201139%20aft%20sunset.jpg

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We were in 1139 on Infinity in March. Loved the location. Would grab it again in a heartbeat. It was an amazing location for our Panama Canal transit. Also convenient to run down the steps and grab a cocktail to enjoy on our balcony.

Agree. We had 1140 which is the dead center aft cabin. Huge balcony, and 1139 will also have a pretty large balcony, just a bit angled where 1140 is squared off.

There are a lot of benefits to these aft cabins as mentioned, but, one of the best is there is literally zero foot traffic through the corridors.

Also, when we were in the cabin with the balcony doors closed, we never heard a peep from above or below.

This was our 1140 balcony.

_DSC0090_zpshoey5mfc.jpg

Agree. We had 1140 which is the dead center aft cabin. Huge balcony, and 1139 will also have a pretty large balcony, just a bit angled where 1140 is squared off.

There are a lot of benefits to these aft cabins as mentioned, but, one of the best is there is literally zero foot traffic through the corridors.

Also, when we were in the cabin with the balcony doors closed, we never heard a peep from above or below.

This was our 1140 balcony.

We stayed in 1138 aft on the Summit which was next to 1140 as you described. 1139 is the last aft cabin on the port side right next to the exit door to the ladder down.

Cabin%201139.jpg

It is a no brainer to take it. The cabin is newer than those on 9 and the sliding door is a lot nicer but no protection from the elements

All the cabins look the same and laid out the same. But those on 11 are newer.

Only issue with 1139 may be that it is directly over the smoking area that is allowed at the sunset bar. Sometimes they allow smoking there and other times they don't, typical Celebrity.

I liked being able to walk down the stairs that are next to it to the bar and buffet. Only problem is that the steps are a little steep and the door is rather hard to open. May be a problem if you have any balance or strength limitations

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We were in 1116 on Summit. Farther front but we absolutely loved the location of the stateroom. Noise from Rooftop Terrace did not bother us at all. It was extremely easy to go down the steps and grab a beverage or a bite to eat. The exit door farther forward was convenient if we were heading to the pool area.

Only issue with 1139 may be that it is directly over the smoking area that is allowed at the sunset bar. Sometimes they allow smoking there and other times they don't, typical Celebrity.

There was no smoking there on our last Summit cruise. Doubt if it is allowed any more.

You guys are nothing short than AWESOME.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on cabin 1139...... The close proximity to the bar (and the fact wifey takes super long to get read) has made it well worth it for me.....

Thanks again...... I also see the ship is very empty at this stage (July 30th cruise to Bermuda) and they are slashing prices quite drastically.

Am wondering if they would potentially upgrade us to a suite (which i actually would not want given the entrance to Blu). Wonder if I should give Celebrity a call or just roll with it as upgrades are not very likely?

We love the deck 11 aqua cabins. Just don't book 1111. We were in that cabin about a year and a half ago, and got phone calls all night long. The staff all carry phones on their belts, and they "butt dialed" us several times a night.

We were in 1116 on Summit. Farther front but we absolutely loved the location of the stateroom. Noise from Rooftop Terrace did not bother us at all. It was extremely easy to go down the steps and grab a beverage or a bite to eat. The exit door farther forward was convenient if we were heading to the pool area.

1116 is our Cabin on Summit for September 2018 for New England and Canada.

Amazing to see so many positive comments about deck 11 AQ cabins on M class. If you search the threads and the M class cabin spreadsheet on cruise critic there are many negative comments about noise from the new outdoor movie theatre above. It has scared me away from booking any of those cabins which we have previously enjoyed in the past prior to latest refurbishhments.

There was no smoking there on our last Summit cruise. Doubt if it is allowed any more.

Exactly as I indicated. You never know with Celebrity

One time I went to the bar. Was sitting there in the middle and a passenger sat next to me towards the starboard side with a cigarette. I Informed her that she was in a non smoking area. She asked the BT and he placed a ashtray in front of her and said it is now. Took a movie with my phone and left left.

I made a comment to security, Guest Relations and CC host with the name of the BT and showed them the movie. I didn't see him again at that bar or other bars.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We've always been offered free upgrades from A2 on deck 9 to A1 on deck 11 and have refused every time.

Traveling to a hot climate makes the balcony unbearably hot. (Bermuda at end of July and in August can be brutal). On 9 we have the partial overhang which make the balcony much more pleasant. Also, I prefer to be mid-ship or even forward in order to be closer to activities rather than just near the dining room.

Amazing to see so many positive comments about deck 11 AQ cabins on M class. If you search the threads and the M class cabin spreadsheet on cruise critic there are many negative comments about noise from the new outdoor movie theatre above. It has scared me away from booking any of those cabins which we have previously enjoyed in the past prior to latest refurbishhments.

I see what you are saying...

However, you will read just as many bad reviews about staterooms on deck 9 saying there is noise from the pool deck etc. above.

Noise was never an issue for is. Not on deck 9 and not on deck 11. I simply dislike the huge oberhang on 9. Terrible for taking photos.

If I were booking an M class deck 11 cabin, I would certainly like you and others being scared away. :D The aft cabins have been my most favorite of all sailed in. I've done three so far; two on M class and once on S class. We have two booked on R class next year.

I've sailed with the MUTS but have not felt an intrusion on my enjoyment. With the balcony door shut, sound never made it inside the cabin. On the balcony, I heard some sound but it wasn't loud enough for me to discern what was being said or shown.

Of course, I wonder how much of the negative comments came as a result of a crew member that cranked up the volume higher than necessary? So that would be a variable hit/miss situation. The perfect solution would be to use the "silent disco" head phones to watch MUTS or to use small blue tooth speakers dispersed around the upper deck, pointing inward, so the volume didn't need to be raised too high.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We spent the 4 weeks in March on Infinity in the aft cabins. Noise was not an issue at all neither was smoke and I am hyper sensitive to smoking since everything in the states has been going smoke free. LOL. Will snatch them again if possible. Loved the oversized balcony.

I was just in 1113 on the Summit. I could hear the big screen a bit on the balcony, but it wasn't an issue. It was quiet and convenient. It was confusing to find the cabins on 11 at first. Really had to work on that, but once we figured it out...it was good for the balcony, Blu and the aft bar. Great watching the America's Cup from the back.

One issue was Blu....not as good as other years. Service was good...food OK.

Captain Kate is something else.

Thank you in advance.

Take it! You will love being able to step out go down one flight to the bar. We were in Cabin 1101 we had no noise from the deck above but Cabins 1101 to maybe 1115 had noise from food deliveries coming from a service elevator close to 1115 and walking to the outside deck past 1101 to get food to the added Silk Harvest. So I was disappointed in my cabin.