Older ship with the most 2.0 upgrades

OSUcruiser

Hi All!

We love the new venues and upgrades but also the smaller ships. We do not need the waterpark, but realize that is on all ships now. Which ships should we look at? Also, looking to sail 2019 if there are ships that will be going dry dock that may fit us.

- Red Frog Pub/Blue Iguana

-Alchemy

- Guys

- serenity

Thanks!

To have all that, at a minimum look at the Spirit class. Though, at least, the Miracle doesn't have Guys.

The Fantasy Class doesn't have the RFP, a few don't have an Alchemy.

I know the Freedom has most of what you are looking for. Serenity, Red Frog Pub (actual pub, not bar on the Lido, no food but good time), Guys, Alchemy. Seems like they have a lot of upgrades. I'll know more in July.

The Ecstasy (Fantasy Class) has the Alchemy Bar, Red Frog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila bar, Blue Iguana Cantina, Guys Burgers, Water Works, the pour your own beer machines, and of course a Serenity deck at the aft of the ship. I believe that is all the 2.0 upgrades available for that class of boat at this time.

To have all that, at a minimum look at the Spirit class. Though, at least, the Miracle doesn't have Guys.

The Fantasy Class doesn't have the RFP, a few don't have an Alchemy.

Poor Miracle is the step child of 2.0 upgrades. No guys, no Blue Iguana, no Green thunder slide. The Pride has everything though.

Thank you for the quick replies. My only issue with the Pride is the itineraries. Looking for something exotic for 25th anniversary. I am a teacher, so I am limited summer for cruising. I will watch Pride in case the move her somewhere else by 2019.

Any other ships?

I believe the Sunshine received all of the 2.0 upgrades. In 2019 it will be sailing out of Port Canaveral. We like the Pride more, but as you suggested has limited itineraries due to sailing from Baltimore.

The Serenity area on the Sunshine is one of the best. It's also a little larger at 102k tons. But the Spirit class is 88.5k tons so not much bigger, compared to 128k tons for Dream class and 133.5k tons for Vista class.

Poor Miracle is the step child of 2.0 upgrades. No guys, no Blue Iguana, no Green thunder slide. The Pride has everything though.

This makes me so sad! I have been praying to the cruise gods to bring back a permanent 7 night ship back to Tampa and they finally answered...but with the Miracle. We LOVED the Pride in the short time it was in Tampa. It has everything yet still a small class feel.

This makes me so sad! I have been praying to the cruise gods to bring back a permanent 7 night ship back to Tampa and they finally answered...but with the Miracle. We LOVED the Pride in the short time it was in Tampa. It has everything yet still a small class feel.

At one point Miracle was going to join the Spirit Down Under. Miracle is now staying stateside and the Splendor is going overseas.

I will watch Pride in case the move her somewhere else by 2019.

Bite your tongue! :eek: We love Pride and we love cruising on her out of Baltimore and would hate to lose her. But I get what you're saying about limited itineraries...we've about expended all our options on Pride. Next cruise will have to be out of Florida.

We did the Freedom and they fit with what you are looking for. In July we are doing the Pride to Bermuda and are excited about: 1) smaller ship 2) all upgrades and 3) itinerary to Bermuda. They are doing Bermuda also for one month in the fall. Might be a good Option for you. Good luck!