Deboarding Explorer/Alaska cruise for Seattle flight

How long to deboard the Explorer in Seattle? We're sailing in September and I am trying to make a a noon flight out of SEA. We're only Gold so have no special deboarding. Would appreciate hearing your deboarding/transport to SEA flight experience and recommendations.

Thank you!!

How long to deboard the Explorer in Seattle? We're sailing in September and I am trying to make a a noon flight out of SEA. We're only Gold so have no special deboarding. Would appreciate hearing your deboarding/transport to SEA flight experience and recommendations.

Thank you!!

Just be a walk off and carry all your bags. You can leave the ship as soon as it docks and clears customs. Just make sure you're lined up well before the anticipated deviating time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We disembarked in Seattle and encountered a very long taxi line. It could have been the timing (we took our time, not first off), but that would certainly have concerned me were we trying to catch a flight.

We were going to a hotel, not the airport, but just wanted to comment on the long cab line.

I carried my bags off the Explorer in May and had an eight a.m. reservation with Shuttle Express. They have there own "parking spot" at the pier. They got me to the airport so quickly that it was too early to check in for my 1:00 flight. I went inside and was able to change to a 9:30 flight and got home way ahead of time. I will definitely do the same thing next May.

Off Explorer in May... first time doing self-assist debarkation. Went down to the theatre around 7am and walked off immediately. There may have been 100 people ahead of us. Walked straight to the taxi line and immediately loaded and to the airport before we knew it. This was on a Friday morning, so we were definitely worried about traffic. Had an 11:45am flight and spent way too much time standing around. We did hear the radio in the taxi asking all available cars to go immediately to the port as their were many people waiting.

You might check and see how many ships are in port that day as well. More ships mean more people, and the entry into the port area for cabs/Uber, etc. is really clogged even on a good day.

I say do self-assist if you can... very easy if you can manage your own luggage.

There are shuttle buses at the pier ($25 pp) and you can pay on the bus. I enjoyed the ride because other cruise passengers were on it and we chatted the whole way. Otherwise you can get a taxi, which for two people will run $45-60 depending on traffic. Traffic in Seattle has gotten terrible- so for two- will probably be cheaper to take the shuttle bus.

Cabs have a $40 flat rate to the airport.

5/18 and 5/25 were the first 2 weeks this year that there were 2 ships at pier 91.

After the first hour the cabs were not coming in as fast as last year.

Also the Explorer has started the walk off at 6:30 this season, earlier than last year.

The first numbers scheduled to be called at 7:50.

We used Uber and had our ride there within 10 minutes.

side note, the Solstice did not start unloading until 7:30 and that is when the cab shortage began.

Be advised that if you plan to use Uber, the pool option will likely yield only a hybrid sedan with very limited luggage space. If you have more than two pieces of luggage, use UberX, even for just two people.

The taxi line was ridiculous when explorer

arrived on May 15 Took almost an hour to get a taxi and there were two ships in and the second one was a holland America ship. Port staff are blaming the long line on it being the first time of had two ships in however to schedule showed that it was The third time they had 2 ships in The earlier you can get off the better

Just be a walk off and carry all your bags. You can leave the ship as soon as it docks and clears customs. Just make sure you're lined up well before the anticipated deviating time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you and all the other replies -- so helpful. I can now book my flight with confidence we'll make it!

^ the bigger issue is arrival. Took 3+ hours to board arriving at 11 AM. Celebrity Eclispe is there on Fridays with Explorer - maybe after a few weeks they'll get it sorted but be aware of this potential delay.

Cabs have a $40 flat rate to the airport.

5/18 and 5/25 were the first 2 weeks this year that there were 2 ships at pier 91.

After the first hour the cabs were not coming in as fast as last year.

Also the Explorer has started the walk off at 6:30 this season, earlier than last year.

The first numbers scheduled to be called at 7:50.

We used Uber and had our ride there within 10 minutes.

side note, the Solstice did not start unloading until 7:30 and that is when the cab shortage began.

What was the rate for Uber from the port to the airport?