Boarding in Rome. Can I check in and get right off?

wizdiz

Since I board in Rome and many people will be using Rome as just a port stop. I was wondering if I can check in and drop off my luggage and get my ship card and then get right off the ship since it actually doesn't leave till 7? They say you have to be checked in 2 hours before. I would like to get a late lunch before I board the ship at a restaurant there I have had a few tell me I should try for lunch.

My dad and I did something similar when we took a cruise from Quebec City to Boston a few years ago. Our group checked in, dropped off luggage, etc., then Dad and I headed out to wander around the city.

I don't know if the rules are different in Civitiveccia, but I think there's a good chance you can do what you plan. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a more direct experience. :)

We boarded in Civitivecchia also. As others have said it is actually a long way to get to Rome. You will have muster at 4:30. Have you thought about flying in a few days early or staying a few days post cruise. There is so much to see in Rome that a few hours will not be near enough time.

You will need to report to Muster Drill at 430pm. I don't imagine they are too lenient on this point.

As the ship sails at 7pm then people don't even need to be onboard at 4.30. There will be a make up drill for anyone who misses it.

Ok I think 4:30 would be ok. I just want to get lunch in Civitivecchia at a restaurant I have been told is very good. I have a transfer from Rome city that will drop me off by the boat. So I just want to drop off my luggage and get my keycard and then leave for lunch.

I understand I board in Civitiveccia. Can I get off after I check in?

yes, in fact once you check in you don't even have to board unless you have items to leave in your cabin. Drop your bags with the porters , check in and go to lunch, then board the ship. Verify muster time at check in, and just be back in time to make the drill.

yes, in fact once you check in you don't even have to board unless you have items to leave in your cabin. Drop your bags with the porters , check in and go to lunch, then board the ship. Verify muster time at check in, and just be back in time to make the drill.

Thanks!

You can just drop your bags and skip the checkin if you want. If your car service has access to the pier, you may even be able to keep the same car. Pull up - drop bags and get back in car.

Or, if you do not have too many bags - just go the restaurant with them.

Go back after lunch with bags and checkin.

Since I board in Rome and many people will be using Rome as just a port stop. I was wondering if I can check in and drop off my luggage and get my ship card and then get right off the ship since it actually doesn't leave till 7? They say you have to be checked in 2 hours before. I would like to get a late lunch before I board the ship at a restaurant there I have had a few tell me I should try for lunch.

Hi

I am boarding in October going in two days earlier to Civitavecchia what restaurant are you planning to have lunch at. I need some suggestions.

Thanks

pat

murrells inlet, sc

Ok I think 4:30 would be ok. I just want to get lunch in Civitivecchia at a restaurant I have been told is very good. I have a transfer from Rome city that will drop me off by the boat. So I just want to drop off my luggage and get my keycard and then leave for lunch.

I am looking for a transfer for two from Rome City to Civitivecchia for an August 30th sail date. Can you provide any recommendations?

Hi

I am boarding in October going in two days earlier to Civitavecchia what restaurant are you planning to have lunch at. I need some suggestions.

Thanks

pat

murrells inlet, sc

Sora Maria