Drinks package GBP cheapest and a few other questions from 1st timers

We are travelling on oasis of the seas in November and would like the deluxe drinks package . Just wondered if anyone from the UK has seen it cheaper than £35 per person per day. Saw it at this price last week. Checked today and price has risen to £41 .

Also is the zip wire free on oasis...do you have to reserve or book ?

And what about reserving comedy club place or a show in the evening. Nothing is showing up in my cruise planner. We are first time cruisers and not sure on how it works. Am I just looking to early.

Any help or tips appreciated .

When docked in Falmouth Jamaica can you just walk off ship and enjoy sitting on the beach. Is there somewhere to get a drink. Can you get back on for lunch and then get back off again?

Can you take bottled water off the ship?

Sorry, can't help with package pricing.

The zip line is free, so far!

Yes, you are too early...start checking about 90 days out for show reservations.

Falmouth is a "manufactured" port...built just for the ships. No beach within walking distance, but if you check on the "Caribbean Ports" boards, folks will have suggestions about how to get to the various beaches that are close enough by taxi. There is food/drink avail. in that port.

Yes, you can take water OFF the ship, but not back onto the ship!

We are travelling on oasis of the seas in November and would like the deluxe drinks package . Just wondered if anyone from the UK has seen it cheaper than £35 per person per day. Saw it at this price last week. Checked today and price has risen to £41 .

And what about reserving comedy club place or a show in the evening. Nothing is showing up in my cruise planner. We are first time cruisers and not sure on how it works. Am I just looking to early.

When docked in Falmouth Jamaica can you just walk off ship and enjoy sitting on the beach. Is there somewhere to get a drink. Can you get back on for lunch and then get back off again?

Zip line is free. You are probabyl too early to book shows. Though you can just walk off the in Falmouth, there is no beach right next to the ship, that would take a taxi. However, there is a Margaritaville very close. You can get off and on as much as you like. You can take bottled water off the ship.

£35 is pretty good. I've not seen it less. You could always lock it in at £41 and keep checking. If it drops again, cancel it and rebook.

When the shows appear for booking, book them, especially the comedy club that is very small but superb fun otherwise you would have to join the long standby queue on the night. The bookable shows are Cats, Come Fly with Me, the Aquashow, Comedy Club and Headline Act (though you won't know who this is till the night before).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On Freedom Prosecco was $14 so literally 4 drinks and you break even.Bear in mind the package has a limit of $12 per drink so you pay the difference plus gratuity and tax so $2.56.

If you are not Diamond and above or in a suite where you get free drinks for about 3 hours on a night at that price i would buy it quick.

On Freedom Prosecco was $14 so literally 4 drinks and you break even.Bear in mind the package has a limit of $12 per drink so you pay the difference plus gratuity and tax so $2.56.

If you are not Diamond and above or in a suite where you get free drinks for about 3 hours on a night at that price i would buy it quick.

The package limit per drink is not the same on all ships, and not even the same on all sailings of the same ship.

You may see $12, $13 or $14.

Is there always tax added, even after you leave embarkation city, or is it just difference in price, plus 18%.

Is there always tax added, even after you leave embarkation city, or is it just difference in price, plus 18%.

Once you are 12 miles out to sea, it's just the difference plus 18%. Unless you are in Europe, subject to VAT, in which case my head would explode if I try to understand that.

Once you are 12 miles out to sea, it's just the difference plus 18%. Unless you are in Europe, subject to VAT, in which case my head would explode if I try to understand that.

Thanks Bob, that's what I thought. I experienced VAT tax in the Med last year. Luckily, there was such a fiasco with the cruise line trying to figure it out, they allowed us to bring whatever alcohol we wanted onboard when we boarded, and from the ports.