Princess Sip and Sail

evikritt

Why can't princess just clearly spell out when the limit starts and how the limit works. People need to be able to make an informed decision about how a major piece of this promotion is going to work.

There are also people that booked under last years Sip n Sail promotion when it was unlimited but that is now unclear as well.

I haven't even set foot on the ship and won't for another 8 months but this is not leaving me with a good impression of Princess's marketing team and their ability to clearly articulate what their promotions include.

The information I provided is regarding their Beverage package. This is not specific to Sip and Sail.

Why can't princess just clearly spell out when the limit starts and how the limit works. People need to be able to make an informed decision about how a major piece of this promotion is going to work.

There are also people that booked under last years Sip n Sail promotion when it was unlimited but that is now unclear as well.

I haven't even set foot on the ship and won't for another 8 months but this is not leaving me with a good impression of Princess's marketing team and their ability to clearly articulate what their promotions include.

It has not even changed yet! :o

Give them a chance.

If it does come to pass 15 drinks a day is way over my limit.

We have never come close to that with our past drink packages.:rolleyes:

When I switched to the Sip and Sale promotion yesterday (not change in fare!) they checked with a supervisor who said that the alcoholic beverage limit is going to be left to the discretion of the bartenders. If you are falling down drunk, they can cut you off. Sounds reasonable to me.

The information I provided is regarding their Beverage package. This is not specific to Sip and Sail.

Someone else got an email that the package was changing to 15 drinks as of Sept. 2018 and you were given the answer that the package was going to 15 drinks and in addition going up in price as of Sept. 2017.

So wish that Princess would give one straight answer!

• 3 weeks later...
When I switched to the Sip and Sale promotion yesterday (not change in fare!) they checked with a supervisor who said that the alcoholic beverage limit is going to be left to the discretion of the bartenders. If you are falling down drunk, they can cut you off. Sounds reasonable to me.

They can already do that -- don't serve someone who is obviously drunk.

I think it will be really easy for princess to handle this.

Recent cruisers have reported that this is no longer a sticker on their cruise card,

but rather their card is swiped for each drink, and when the AIBP is noticed, the drinks

are charged at $0.00

It would seem to be a simple matter of programming to start charging for a swipe after 15...

Okay. I was getting lots of wrong answers so I called Princess.

The only restriction with the all inclusive drink card is that you can only order 1 alcohol beverage at a time.

Otherwise no restrictions

Call again you are guaranteed to get a different answer.

Hello Dearies!!!

All we need is some brave soul who either has the "Sip and Sail" promo or the purchased AIBP to test the 15 DPD (Drinkies Per Day) imposed limit to see if it really holds true! Who are our brave souls willing to give it a try and report back to the thread?

As the DW and I like to generously tip our favorite bar tenders I highly doubt they will cut us off at the 15 DPD. After all, sea days were meant for drinkies at morning, noon, and all night!! Toot-Toot!!! I appreciate that sloppy drunks need to be kept from falling overboard. But the heavy hitters tend to go on those "other" cruise lines where alcoholic beverages are all inclusive, and the smell of Mari Jane is noticed in the hallways, and where the Norovirus runs rampant!!! Certainly NOT on Princess, thanks be to God!

Toot-Toot!

Cheerio, Dearies!

I think the limit was instituted to eliminate sharing.

12 alcoholic drinks a day is very reasonable!!!

Is the limit ONLY on alcoholic drinks? The package includes coffee, juice, bottled water...

I have two cruises booked from the last Sip and Sail and, at the time we booked, there was no limit. How does that work? Am I now suddenly under rules that didn't apply when we booked?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Dearies!!!!

CLARIFICATION CLARIFICATION CLARIFICATION

Clarification on the purported increase to the All Inclusive Beverage Package. There is NO rate increase -- if you pay in advance of the cruise the rate is $57.45 ..... BUT if you wait and pay it onboard during the cruise the cost will be $59.80. The cost of the included drinks is anything UP TO $10 ..... and NOT up to $12.

No increase!!!

Toot-Toot!

Cheerio, Dearies!

Hello Dearies!!!!

CLARIFICATION CLARIFICATION CLARIFICATION

Clarification on the purported increase to the All Inclusive Beverage Package. There is NO rate increase -- if you pay in advance of the cruise the rate is $57.45 ..... BUT if you wait and pay it onboard during the cruise the cost will be $59.80. The cost of the included drinks is anything UP TO $10 ..... and NOT up to $12.

No increase!!!

Toot-Toot!

Cheerio, Dearies!

😘

So sorry, Dearies! I should have included in my earlier message that I spoke with two different Princess Cruise Consultants about all of this. They each said the only changes happening September 1st (which is the date that has been bandied about with this rumored $2 buck per day increase to the AIBP) is that shore excursions must now be paid within 24 hours of the time of booking.

They did share that when AIBP was first introduced it could only be purchased in advance of sailing. Then, in January 2017 they implemented both an increase to its present price AND the option to purchase AIBP on board -- but for the increased $2 bucks more per day (plus gratuity) if you waited to get it on board.

They could not find any information or upcoming announcemeet about the base price per drink going from $10 up to $12....and I did not ask anything about a new limit on drinks per day.

I think the troops need to rally together and everyone call Princess for clarification on all the questions and concerns at hand. Why don't they issue a press release statement on all this already??? Hello!!! When it comes to communication the press release is considered a best business practice for a reason!!!

Toot-Toot!!

Cheerio, Dearies! 😘

😘

So sorry, Dearies! I should have included in my earlier message that I spoke with two different Princess Cruise Consultants about all of this. They each said the only changes happening September 1st (which is the date that has been bandied about with this rumored $2 buck per day increase to the AIBP) is that shore excursions must now be paid within 24 hours of the time of booking.

They did share that when AIBP was first introduced it could only be purchased in advance of sailing. Then, in January 2017 they implemented both an increase to its present price AND the option to purchase AIBP on board -- but for the increased $2 bucks more per day (plus gratuity) if you waited to get it on board.

They could not find any information or upcoming announcemeet about the base price per drink going from $10 up to $12....and I did not ask anything about a new limit on drinks per day.

I think the troops need to rally together and everyone call Princess for clarification on all the questions and concerns at hand. Why don't they issue a press release statement on all this already??? Hello!!! When it comes to communication the press release is considered a best business practice for a reason!!!

Toot-Toot!!

Cheerio, Dearies! 😘

I would take what they told you with a pinch of salt.

I cruised to HI in Dec 2013 which was the second week that they offered the AIB package and I was able to purchase onboard. I also did the same with my MR cruises in Nov 15 and in Feb 16. Nov 16 was my first experience of sip + Sail so I've never actually purchased the AIB package prior to sailing. I intend to purchase prior to boarding for my Nov 17 Thanksgiving cruise to save a few bucks a day :) The last few times I've held off due to having OBC, so I've used those to help pay for the AIB, but with the new pre pay requirement for excursions, I've already spent the OBC on that cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I'll have any issue with a 15 drink per day limit. I would end up pretty blotto if I even tried to test the limit and I would have a very unhappy wife as well as a horrific hangover the next day. :eek:

😘

Toot-Toot!!

Cheerio, Dearies! 😘

Call a third time and there will be a $2 reduction so that means there is no price increase this year.

RED ALERT!!! RED ALERT!!! RED ALERT!!!

Hello Once Again, Dearies!!!

A DF (Dear Friend) has just "come back new" again from yet ANOTHER Princess vacation --this time aboard the Regal. The scoop they heard from their favorite bartender while on holiday is that Princess is considering implementing a fleet wide restriction of nine (9) alcoholic drinks per day with their AIBP. After your ninth drinkie you have to start paying for each one thereafter at the regular rates. They also heard from staff that this is already the current practice aboard the Golden Princess to limit the AIBP to nine drinkies per day.

Sooooo.....has anyone heard anything about this? Do any of you Dearies who recently sailed aboard Golden Princess have any information about this that you can share? Or, would anyone who is scheduled to set sail aboard Golden Princess be willing to test this claim out and report back to us your experience?

Time for us to get sleuthing on this one and keep each other posted!!!

Toot-Toot!

Cheerio, Dearies!!! :*