Taxi from Copenhagen airport to Marina.Oceankaj Terminal 3

cucullus

Hi folks, I need the forum to save my skin! I made all the booking for our Baltic cruise starting this Thursday including Oceania included flights Belfast/London/Copenhagen. My husband stepped in today and discovered that transfer to the ship was not included. I was so shocked at my own gullibility. The travel agent has quoted us £100 for transfer which seems really excessive. No doubt an internet search would reveal a cheaper price but do any of you experienced cruisers know of a reliable, good value company which you could recommend?

Secondly as we are staying on in Stockholm at the end of the cruise I knew transfer was not included. Same question as above, can anyone recommend a company to do a ship to hotel transfer there? Experience tells us that just to pick up a cab at the docks adds several digits to the bill.

Thanks again and only joking about my skin!

Patricia

Almost 2 years since we arrived in Copenhagen for a HAL Norwegian cruise. Taxi from airport to central Copenhagen hotel was 300 Danish kroner. On return it was 427 from dock to airport. These figures are per taxi.

A taxi from the Airport in Copenhagen will be less than $40 (US), so for two people with luggage, I can't see how any alternative could be less expensive or more convenient.

Stockholm is more complicated in that they have a bus ($15) and a rail line ($20) which run from the Airport to the City Center, which will save about three quarters of the $70 taxi fare if you are willing to taxi to City Center and then change.

At the end of a cruise, with luggage in tow, I'd suggest treating yourself and sticking with the taxi.

Our Oceania cruise ended in Stockholm and we had scheduled several extra days in the city. We used one of the taxis from the cruise ship to our hotel. The driver put on his gps and the charge was equivalent to $100 US dollars. We later learned we were not far from the cruise dock so we were definitely taken for a ride! Be sure to agree on a price before getting into the taxi![emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We took a taxi from the port to downtown Stockholm last week. 50 $. US.He used a meter. All Swedish taxis have their rates posted . It is 325 Kr per 10 km. We disembarked as late as possible. That was probably a mistake. The line for taxis was poorly managed and took us 45 minutes.

Thanks CoolCruiser, that is so helpful. We will be disembarking in Stockholm from the Marina on 9th July. Your comment about staying on the boat as long as possible, something we intended to do, is most interesting. Can you or any others give us more info about disembarkation times - start & finish? We might pre book a cab as queuing for 45 minutes would be very challenging for my husband. Wet Irish weather has left him with extensive

arthritis. Cheers, Patricia

Thanks CoolCruiser, that is so helpful. We will be disembarking in Stockholm from the Marina on 9th July. Your comment about staying on the boat as long as possible, something we intended to do, is most interesting. Can you or any others give us more info about disembarkation times - start & finish? We might pre book a cab as queuing for 45 minutes would be very challenging for my husband. Wet Irish weather has left him with extensive

arthritis. Cheers, Patricia

Start was about 7:30. Everyone supposed to be off by 9:30. You cannot pre book a taxi but you can prebook a car service. A quick google search yields a quote of 68 €. compared to about 45€ for a taxi.

Edited by Earl Rosebery

I'm sorry this might of been answered already. Is it $70 U.S.?

I would think they would charge in SEK not USD

It will also depend on which Quay you are going to

This site will give a rough idea

https://www.taxifarefinder.com/se/

find the dock you will be at

http://www.portsofstockholm.com/vessel-calls/

Pretty snarky. You pay by credit card and it shows up on your statement in USD, CanD, pounds, euros, whatever

Really

Are you saying they put the fare in CAD on your CC not SEK?

When we have paid by CC it usually is converted from SEK to CAD or whatever currency your CC is in

In my experience they usually do not charge in CAD to my CC

plus in Canada we have that hidden foreign transaction fee on our CC

From my research in the past I seem to remember the advice to avoid some taxi companies in Stockholm (see post above by 4lakesLady).

Doing a simple search on Ports of Call forum for Northern Europe and putting in Taxi in Stockholm, I got this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=109513356

Lots of info there and you can ask questions there and hear back from locals.

Same can be done for Copenhagen.

BTW, both countries accept credit cards for taxi fares

Good luck

Edited by Paulchili

We took a taxi from the port to downtown Stockholm last week. 50 $. US.He used a meter. All Swedish taxis have their rates posted . It is 325 Kr per 10 km. We disembarked as late as possible. That was probably a mistake. The line for taxis was poorly managed and took us 45 minutes.

Posted rate is helpful but unless you know the shortest route (or expected fare) it is useless - one can be taken for a "tour of Stockholm" on the way to your hotel :D. This used to be a SOP in NYC until they put in fixed rates from airport to given destinations - a solid practice that should be more widespread IMO. They tried this "trick" on us in Amsterdam but I knew the range of fares for my destination from the airport and when I confronted the driver he agreed to the lower rate (I told him I would report him otherwise). It's not a fun experience and I don't like confrontations but I like even less being "taken for a ride".

Agree with long taxi lines when disembarking late.

Edited by Paulchili

Really

Are you saying they put the fare in CAD on your CC not SEK?

When we have paid by CC it usually is converted from SEK to CAD or whatever currency your CC is in

In my experience they usually do not charge in CAD to my CC

plus in Canada we have that hidden foreign transaction fee on our CC

we are talking past each other . My RBC credit card statement had the following charge:

Taxi Stockholm 545 SEK @ .1567 $ 85.64

we are talking past each other . My RBC credit card statement had the following charge:

Taxi Stockholm 545 SEK @ .1567 $ 85.64

No

Your post above was misleading no where did you say you paid by CC

We paid 85 $ can. in the opposite direction a week ago. It was a fixed rate, not metered. Check with the driver.

Some people may wish to pay cash & would need local currency

plus RBC usually add 2.5 % FTF into the exchange rate

Edited by LHT28

We would normally pay by cc but we have euros left over from a previous trip. If possible we would like to pay cash in euros. Would the cab driver accept euros? Or should we just pay with a cc.Thank you for all your help everyone.

BTW we are boarding July 9 same ship as the OP is disembarking.😀

We would normally pay by cc but we have euros left over from a previous trip. If possible we would like to pay cash in euros. Would the cab driver accept euros? Or should we just pay with a cc.Thank you for all your help everyone.

BTW we are boarding July 9 same ship as the OP is disembarking.😀

It may depend on the cab driver just ask them if not then use your CC

jmo

It may depend on the cab driver just ask them if not then use your CC

jmo

This pertains to US citizens. You must have a CC with a chip - chip & PIN is best but even chip & signature will do. Canada & Europe are light years ahead of us and they all have chip & PIN.

No chip - no good (CC w/o chip may still be accepted in stores & restaurants but not in machines, generally speaking).

This pertains to US citizens. You must have a CC with a chip - chip & PIN is best but even chip & signature will do. Canada & Europe are light years ahead of us and they all have chip & PIN.

No chip - no good (CC w/o chip may still be accepted in stores & restaurants but not in machines, generally speaking).

Since my reply was to "Cdn cruiser" who is in Canada I did not think to include others

Yes we have had chip/pin & wave cards for years

good to remind US citizens to check their card before leaving home :D

Sharing taxis is a way to save. We shared a taxi from Copenhagen dock to the airport. 4 people plus luggage cost about $50. They take credit cards. Lots of taxis at dock. In Stockholm, we did the same thing. Try to hook up with another couple using the roll call.