Advice on Beverage Packages?

The beverage packages seem fairly pricey to me. I typically won't have more than 1-2 beers or glasses of wine in a day. My wife may have numerous glasses of wine? At what point do you think the drinking packages actually pay for themselves?

In addition, what beverages are provided as part of the cruise package without there being a charge?

Thanks?

If package is on sale I would say 4 drinks is break even if not 5, you can easily spend 12 a glass for wine, which is limit on Freedom and smaller ships, also this incudes water, soda and fresh juice, if you have 3, I would skip it but wife may want it

... In addition, what beverages are provided as part of the cruise package without there being a charge?

Thanks?

Tap water, regular coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, juices with breakfast. Some ships also have flavored waters.

The beverage packages seem fairly pricey to me. I typically won't have more than 1-2 beers or glasses of wine in a day. My wife may have numerous glasses of wine? At what point do you think the drinking packages actually pay for themselves?

In addition, what beverages are provided as part of the cruise package without there being a charge?

Thanks?

On Freedom 4-11 June out of Barcelona.

Sauvignon Blanc $16 plus tax and gratuity.

Pinot Gricio $11 plus tax and gratuity.

Prosecco $14 plus tax and gratuity.

Heinekin $7.95.

We had the deluxe drinks package which covered the first $12.

On Freedom 4-11 June out of Barcelona.

Sauvignon Blanc $16 plus tax and gratuity.

Pinot Gricio $11 plus tax and gratuity.

Prosecco $14 plus tax and gratuity.

Heinekin $7.95.

We had the deluxe drinks package which covered the first $12.

You could just get the drinks package for your wife and pay as you drink for yourself.

Depends if you get a sale price. We bought it for our anthem cruise as we got the sale price of $39 per day. You would easily exceed that with 3 to 4 drinks - martinis or higher end drinks.

You will but remember there is a cash limit (on Freedom it was $12) and you pay the difference.

Thanks?

I like the convenience of the package, I know I will have 5-6 drinks per day, maybe more. The biggest fun killer is the drink prices sticker shock, Bud Light (and domestic alike) are $7.25 for a 16oz can, or $8.56 with tip, mimosas $10.03 with tip. It adds up fast. Say you want to try the Strawberry Daiquiri $9.95 or $11.74 with tip. 3 beers, 2 Daiquiris and 1 Mimosa - $59. Sounds like a fun day to me.

I purchased my package on sale for $48 per day or $57 with tip.