Grand Suite perks??

Interested to find out what the perks are in a Grand Suite. Do you get the same drinks in the Concierge Lounge that Diamond Members get including the 3 that are loaded onto your Seapass Card? Looking at whether to get Jnr Suite and Drink Package or Grand Suite with some free drinks and pay for any others a we go. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, same drinks in the CL and Diamond people get in the DL and from their drink vouchers.

However, if you are on Oasis class, the Suite Lounge also offers selected wine, beer, and soda from 11am to 11pm.

We are looking at a Jnr Suite for a 10 night cruise to give us enough points for Diamond - price is roughly $3,900 for two of us plus about $1,500 for the drink package BUT if we go for the Grand Suite it is about $1,000 more, so in theory without drink package we would be paying about $500 less which could be spent on any drinks outside the lounge hours. Does this sound correct.

We are looking at a Jnr Suite for a 10 night cruise to give us enough points for Diamond - price is roughly $3,900 for two of us plus about $1,500 for the drink package BUT if we go for the Grand Suite it is about $1,000 more, so in theory without drink package we would be paying about $500 less which could be spent on any drinks outside the lounge hours. Does this sound correct.

Whether it makes financial sense depends on how many drinks you will have outside of the lounge hours, which only you can determine.

You get many more perks on Oasis and Quantum class than the other ships. No, suite pax do not get 3 free drinks on their sea pass unless they are also Diamond C&A or above.

The OP is taking a 10-night cruise so it is definitely not Oasis Class and probably not Quantum Class. (There are a few 10 night cruises on Quantum Class ships but I am pretty sure that a GS on any of those would cost more than $4900.) Nevertheless, a GS for 2 for 10 nights at $4900 and $1000 more than the price of a JS is a very good price even without the extra Oasis/Quantum perks. IMHO, the extra space and the suite perks are well worth $50 per person per night.

Edited by actuarian

The other factor I would consider is whether you want "fancier drinks" like frozen/blender and/or drinks earlier in the day. I'm perfectly content as a Diamond member doing my drinking in the evening so I'd go with the GS but obviously many people like drinks by the pool, with lunch, etc., which would come with the drink package but not the GS.

Beyond that, although I personally have no suite experience, the additional perks should also play a role in your decision unless you're really only concerned about the beverage aspect.

GL deciding.

We were in a suite in November 2016 and were told the drink selections were the same in Concierge club as DC. They were limited but every drink was very strong. They definitely did not skimp on the alcohol. I know I had gotten a chocolate martini at one of the bars during the day but that was not an option in the CC, However, the did have a coffee flavored martini to offer instead. We had 6 of us and had no trouble finding something for everyone...cosmo, lemon drops, gin and tonics, cranberry and vodkas, beer, wines etc.

Interested to find out what the perks are in a Grand Suite. Do you get the same drinks in the Concierge Lounge that Diamond Members get including the 3 that are loaded onto your Seapass Card? Looking at whether to get Jnr Suite and Drink Package or Grand Suite with some free drinks and pay for any others a we go. Thanks.

Do it. There is no suite lounge, and the perks are so so, but the ability have breakfast outside of the Windjammer is worth it. The extra space to relax on a sea day will be nice as well. If it were me, I would do it for 5k.

Do it. There is no suite lounge, and the perks are so so, but the ability have breakfast outside of the Windjammer is worth it. The extra space to relax on a sea day will be nice as well. If it were me, I would do it for 5k.

There is a Concierge Lounge on the ship we are interested in.

In a GS you will also get free room service and the suite sun loungers are in a nice location right by the bar on Voyager. Seems like a good price - I would go for it personally, but only you can decide if it's worth it.

There is a Concierge Lounge on the ship we are interested in.

This really may not be what you hope for. It can be significantly crowded in the evening depending on the number of D+ on board. In fact, some times the Diamond lounge is a better option, if you have it.

And we all know how accurate the web site usually is! LOL Whoever posted there is no suite lounge on this ship is correct. There is a concierge lounge for suites, D+ and Pinnacle. Big difference from a suite lounge which is bigger and only allows suite and Pinnacle pax, so not as crowded

If everyone read the website, this forum would be a lonely place.

I wasnt trying to be snarky; many questions that are posted here ar easily answered if the poster just read what is publicly available.

The majority are, and there is always someone willing to answer, no matter how many times they are asked. That's how they get to 100,000 posts. And as someone else pointed out, the website is out of date in many cases.

Personally I don't object to people asking the same questions all the time, if they would just try to find the answer first. I get that searching can be a challenge, but, seriously sometimes there is a thread all ready started, and on page 1, with the answer.

DSC_8098_zpsoond667r.jpg

DSC_8099_zpstex9aq5w.jpg

DSC_8100_zpsnh2feshe.jpg

DSC_8101_zpsnhd5oqmv.jpg

DSC_8102_zpsthfsv9pl.jpg