Ques:Is it possible to make a final payment for an upcoming RCI cruise while onboard?

Between my Pacific Coastal &TP on Explorer and my TA and Western Caribbean on Rhapsody, I will be away from home for two months during which the final payments for 4 of my upcoming cruises are due. I called C&A D+ desk and got two different answers from two different people, one a definite yes - pay at next cruise desk; the other a "maybe" - their suggestion is to pay for all four of my upcoming cruises prior to leaving. That's a lot of money to shell out along with my property taxes during the month of Sept

Has anyone ever made a final payment onboard? If so, how?

Bob, I would appreciate your input.

Sophie.

If your booking is not with a travel agent, I would bet that they would process a payment on board. However, never having done this or reading about it, I cannot be sure.

At the very least, you would be able to call the RC customer service number while in port and make the payment.

If you don't want to do that, then have a trusted friend at home call for you.

Just make it easy for everyone, especially yourself and pay before you leave.

Sure it is a lot of money to pay at once, but if you can afford to book them, you should be able to afford to pay.

Will it really be that much difference if you pay at once or a few weeks apart? I doubt it...

Between my Pacific Coastal &TP on Explorer and my TA and Western Caribbean on Rhapsody, I will be away from home for two months during which the final payments for 4 of my upcoming cruises are due. I called C&A D+ desk and got two different answers from two different people, one a definite yes - pay at next cruise desk; the other a "maybe" - their suggestion is to pay for all four of my upcoming cruises prior to leaving. That's a lot of money to shell out along with my property taxes during the month of Sept

Sophie.

Couldn't you use a computer onboard to make your payments?

Couldn't you use a computer onboard to make your payments?

Personally, I would never put anything personal (like credit cards such) into a public computer (or a wifi connection).

Just out of curiosity, if you're booked directly through C&A, any chance could the Loyalty Ambassador help you make these payments?

Erika

I had forgotten to make a final payment before I left for a cruise. As others have said.....didn't want to put my credit card info in a public computer. I went over to "Next Cruise" and they applied the payment and billed it to my cabin. She also gave me a ticket for a $100 obc drawing (even though I didn't purchase another cruise) that i just happened to win.

So forgetting can be profitable....

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I had forgotten to make a final payment before I left for a cruise. As others have said.....didn't want to put my credit card info in a public computer. I went over to "Next Cruise" and they applied the payment and billed it to my cabin. She also gave me a ticket for a $100 obc drawing (even though I didn't purchase another cruise) that i just happened to win.

So forgetting can be profitable....

Really, they billed a cruise payment to your stateroom? So you could have used OBC to help pay off a cruise?

Sophie.

I'm assuming that the money is saved somewhere? What's the big deal paying it 1-2 months early?

Yes....I guess we could of. Don't think we had any though (except the $100 I won). Leslie uses the spa every other day so OBC doesn't last very long.

I could be mistaken...

Maybe they billed the credit card on file instead of the cabin??????

This was 2 1/2 years ago. I just remember them taking care of it for us.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Yes....I guess we could of. Don't think we had any though (except the $100 I won). Leslie uses the spa every other day so OBC doesn't last very long.

I could be mistaken...

Maybe they billed the credit card on file instead of the cabin??????

This was 2 1/2 years ago. I just remember them taking care of it for us.

Just curious as I've never heard of OBC being used for a deposit of payment on another cruise. But if anyone has done it, I would not be surprised that it was you!:D

Actually, it is even easier than everything here.

On the day you want to pay, take your credit card and walk to Guest Services. Tell them that you need to pay off a cruise and you would like them to call stateside for you to do that.

The person will dial the number and hand you the phone.

:)

Actually, it is even easier than everything here.

On the day you want to pay, take your credit card and walk to Guest Services. Tell them that you need to pay off a cruise and you would like them to call stateside for you to do that.

The person will dial the number and hand you the phone.

:)

Next Cruise was actually VERY easy....

Asked me my reservation number. They then asked me if I wanted to use the card associated with my cabin.

They then printed me off a zero balance invoice....complete.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk