Platinum dinner question.

cruiseelady

If I chose to take advantage of the two dinners plus bottle of wine in a Specialty restaurants, will there be a service charge? I am talking about the two dinners that come with the Platinum rewards.

Only one dinner comes with wine. The two platinum dinners are free.

8b7c8360c9f888518c36b172a0cb7edc.jpg

2ceb643656eb079bcb51a873f7a99991.jpg

0e17a6ed25133179b44daeb419db4179.jpg

• 2 months later...
Birdtravels. Thank you for posting the picture. These seem like nicer perks than last time we sailed. Does each platinum member get 2 dinners for 2 or is it per cabin no matter how many are platinum?

Per cabin of 2 people ... (even if only one is Plat)

Sue and Phil

Birdtravels. Thank you for posting the picture. These seem like nicer perks than last time we sailed. Does each platinum member get 2 dinners for 2 or is it per cabin no matter how many are platinum?

The dinner perks are per cabin, so you get the two meals even if you are solo or there is just one platinum in the cabin.

There are a couple of exceptions though.

Whilst I have no experience of this personally, I believe that things have been changed recently so another pack is delivered when there are 3 or more platinums in the same room.

If one person in a cabin is platinum and the other is platinum plus there have been reports of two packs being delivered, giving four meals in total. I wouldn't rely on that though.

Thanks all. I looked it up after I posted and realized I should have done that all along.

I'm guessing if we travel with the kids who are only silver, we will be better off dinner wise (and for the strawberries) if we put one of us in each cabin and then switch when we get there. That way, each cabin has a priority package. ;p:evilsmile: Just teasing. It would be more hassle than it is worth.

• 2 weeks later...
Swedish weave, go you mean the restriction on the amount of the entree? If I recall, I had to pay extra for a shrimp dish on La Cucina. Plus, as Platinum, I never before paid for cappuccino. Now it seems more times than not, I'm being charged now.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I used to have the entree, soup, and escargot. I was not allowed to order that without extra charge after FDR took over NCL.

I considered that a slap on the face because I could get all the food I wanted at the buffet or mdr.

It was FDR's way of telling us he didn't want us on NCL.

Some of these responses have me concerned. My wife and I are both Platinum. I had been planning on each of us getting the dinner perk coupons. This would allow us to dine 4 times per cruise. If this is not the case then Platinum Latitude members who cruise together are getting less than a platinum member traveling with someone without that level of loyalty.

I have learned that NCL's policies often make no sense to me so anything is possible. Can a Platinum or higher CC'er with recent experience with this please clarify?

We sail on a 22 day TA out of Venice on 10/29 I have made dinner reservations on the assumption that we get 4 complimentary dinners.

Thanks!

Some of these responses have me concerned. My wife and I are both Platinum. I had been planning on each of us getting the dinner perk coupons. This would allow us to dine 4 times per cruise. If this is not the case then Platinum Latitude members who cruise together are getting less than a platinum member traveling with someone without that level of loyalty.

I have learned that NCL's policies often make no sense to me so anything is possible. Can a Platinum or higher CC'er with recent experience with this please clarify?

We sail on a 22 day TA out of Venice on 10/29 I have made dinner reservations on the assumption that we get 4 complimentary dinners.

Thanks!

What do the specialty dinner benefits cover?

This benefit offers two dinners for two at a specialty restaurant for Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador guests. Each stateroom will receive a voucher in their Welcome Back card on embarkation day for:

• - One dinner for two at Cagney’s or Le Bistro with a bottle of wine
  • - One dinner for two at Moderno or La Cucina

This benefit is no longer delivered per guest but now delivered per stateroom. Service charges are included in this benefit.

Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice. Entrée items up to $20 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. Any entrée item under $20 includes one side. For any entrée item over $20, sides are at an additional cost. Entrée items Cote De Boeuf Pour Deux in Le Bistro, is a shared dish and will be treated as two entrées.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-faq/what-do-specialty-dinner-benefits-cover

What do the specialty dinner benefits cover?

This benefit offers two dinners for two at a specialty restaurant for Platinum, Platinum Plus and Ambassador guests. Each stateroom will receive a voucher in their Welcome Back card on embarkation day for:

• - One dinner for two at Cagney’s or Le Bistro with a bottle of wine
  • - One dinner for two at Moderno or La Cucina

This benefit is no longer delivered per guest but now delivered per stateroom. Service charges are included in this benefit.

Benefit entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of your choice. Entrée items up to $20 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. Any entrée item under $20 includes one side. For any entrée item over $20, sides are at an additional cost. Entrée items Cote De Boeuf Pour Deux in Le Bistro, is a shared dish and will be treated as two entrées.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-faq/what-do-specialty-dinner-benefits-cover

Wow! Thanks for the post and the URL so I could see it for myself on the NCL website. I will have to cancel some dinner reservations once I get on board.

Leave it to NCL to punish two loyal platinum members for traveling in the same cabin. My prediction is that service charges will soon be added if you wish to redeem member benefits. We are also Elite with Celebrity. Deleting the benefits to loyal platinum guests shrinks gap between these two competing programs.

Again thanks for the info.

Leave it to NCL to punish two loyal platinum members for traveling in the same cabin. My prediction is that service charges will soon be added if you wish to redeem member benefits. We are also Elite with Celebrity. Deleting the benefits to loyal platinum guests shrinks gap between these two competing programs.

Again thanks for the info.

How are you being punished? Other than a bottle of wine, you are still getting two dinners. Didn't the old program give you each one dinner for two at either LeBistro or LaCucina = 2 dinners and now you are getting one dinner for two at either LeBistro or Cagney's and one dinner for two at either LaCucina or Moderno = 2 dinners. You might lose a bottle of wine, but now you can go to Cagney's or Moderno if you wish, which I think is a big plus. Edited by NLH Arizona
  • Like 1

I think that gilladj is saying that previously, each Platinum got their two sets of dinner for two and a bottle of wine. Now, no matter how many Platinum or above guests are in a cabin, only one person gets the two sets of dinner for two (and wine!). The laundry benefit is still one per Platinum, though. That hasn't been taken away (yet).

I think that gilladj is saying that previously, each Platinum got their two sets of dinner for two and a bottle of wine. Now, no matter how many Platinum or above guests are in a cabin, only one person gets the two sets of dinner for two (and wine!). The laundry benefit is still one per Platinum, though. That hasn't been taken away (yet).
The change is it is per cabin, not per person, but other than one bottle of wine, they get the same number of dinners (Platinum dining benefit prior to the changes was for 1 dinner for two per person) and now it is 2 dinners for two. So they didn't lose any dinners. And if there is 3 or 4 Platinim guest in the cabin, they also get the same dinners. Are you saying that instead of each getting 1 dinner for two, they think they should now each get 2 dinner for 2?

For 3rd and 4th Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador members in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered.

If there is only a 3rd Platinum, Platinum Plus or Ambassador member in the same stateroom, an additional Welcome Back Card will be delivered but this guest will be treated as a solo traveler who get one dinner only. The benefit is only if there are 2 guests dining on the same visit.

Previously each platinum member received 2 dinners for 2. With 2 members in the cabin you netted 4 evenings in a specialty restaurant. This benefit used to be per latitude member not per cabin.

If I cruise with a cabin mate that is not platinum I get the same specialty dining benefits. The net effect is that with two platinums in a cabin, one person gets no specialty dining benefit. Your benefits are diluted when platinums cruise together.

Previously each platinum member received 2 dinners for 2. With 2 members in the cabin you netted 4 evenings in a specialty restaurant. This benefit used to be per latitude member not per cabin.

If I cruise with a cabin mate that is not platinum I get the same specialty dining benefits. The net effect is that with two platinums in a cabin, one person gets no specialty dining benefit. Your benefits are diluted when platinums cruise together.

Wow, you got a lot more than I did. I got 1 dinner for 2 in either LeBistro or LaCucina with a bottle of wine.

Latitudes Rewards Benefits prior to February 3, 2017:

The onboard benefits range from the standard welcome back party (NCL’s Members Only Cocktail Party) and a free ship pin to discounts for onboard purchases and free chocolate covered strawberries. Guests who have reached the Platinum tier receive a complimentary dinner with wine, a “behind the scenes” Ship Tour and a bottle of sparkling wine in their stateroom.