Fort Lauderdale Parking

JoTerricruise

We've used Park N' Go out of Ft. Lauderdale twice and they are wonderful! I wish they were at Port Canaveral too because we didn't like the offsite parking we used cruising out of that port. (

One other attribute of the Park n Go is your car gets to bake in the sun for a week. Nice and toasty warm when you pile in after a week on the cruise.

The same holds true for Port Everglades parking for the Allure, which is all open lot.

I just compared prices and it looks like Park N Go is about 45% less than the cruise port terminal parking (if you reserve online ahead of time). We usually fly in but with no good prices on flights (yet?) we may be driving this time. Looks like we will give Park N Go a try.

I just compared prices and it looks like Park N Go is about 45% less than the cruise port terminal parking (if you reserve online ahead of time). We usually fly in but with no good prices on flights (yet?) we may be driving this time. Looks like we will give Park N Go a try.

Hey Thrifty....we are in the Nashville area too and going on Allure this October!! We will also be driving and I have heard good things about Park'n'Go!! We are also looking at getting a hotel that has parking as part of a package. Lots of good info on the Florida Departures board!

Hey Thrifty....we are in the Nashville area too and going on Allure this October!! We will also be driving and I have heard good things about Park'n'Go!! We are also looking at getting a hotel that has parking as part of a package. Lots of good info on the Florida Departures board!

I am dreading the 14 hour drive so I am still looking into alternatives. There are some good deals if we drive 4 hours to Atlanta and fly from there. Round trip air about $320.

The park and stay can be attractive in the off season. If you are traveling in the high season then hotel prices in FLL are very expensive. What we have done is drive as far as Port St Lucie and stay there overnight in the $100 range. Then drive the 1.5 hrs and park at the port for $15 per day. Of course you could do park&go as well but we like to start the drive directly off the ship and not have the extra step of shuttle to get the car. Plus I think you have to leave your keys at Park&Go which I don't like to do

The park and stay can be attractive in the off season. If you are traveling in the high season then hotel prices in FLL are very expensive. What we have done is drive as far as Port St Lucie and stay there overnight in the $100 range. Then drive the 1.5 hrs and park at the port for $15 per day. Of course you could do park&go as well but we like to start the drive directly off the ship and not have the extra step of shuttle to get the car. Plus I think you have to leave your keys at Park&Go which I don't like to do

Agree with you. It's worth it to us to park in the port terminal parking . We drop our luggage off with the porters where directed and then go park our car. No hauling them around with us. Upon turn, a porter takes our luggage directly back to our car and we're on our way back home.

Normally, we are in the parking garage except when we took a cruise on Oasis OTS .

Even then, a porter took our luggage directly to our car. :)

We used Park N Go for our April 28 cruise on the Carnival Conquest. Harmony of the Seas was the only other ship in port that day. We were required to leave our keys with them. I didn't like this. They say you may have to leave your keys during busy times. But we had to wait almost 30 minutes for the shuttle to get full to leave for the port. It didn't seem like they were that busy. We had to call for the shuttle when we got off but only had to wait about 5 to 10 minutes for it to arrive.

This was totally different than our previous experience with them. That time no leaving our keys, taken to the port immediately, and the shuttle was waiting for us when we got off the ship. After this experience I will most likely be parking at the port when going out of Port Everglades.

It appears things have changed a bit since our last time there. I guess they have become more popular leading to the cars being parked 3 to 4 cars deep in places and cars parked in front of most of the cars in the marked parking spaces. Thus the reason for leaving the keys. Our car was in a totally different part of the lot when we returned. No way to know how many times it was moved. Also our car was not locked and the keys were in the car. Just didn't feel that secure. The other aspects of their operation were good. Liked that they took care of the luggage loading and unloading. Also liked being dropped off right by your car. Also liked the cold bottles of water when leaving.

Agree with you. It's worth it to us to park in the port terminal parking . We drop our luggage off with the porters where directed and then go park our car. No hauling them around with us. Upon turn, a porter takes our luggage directly back to our car and we're on our way back home.

Normally, we are in the parking garage except when we took a cruise on Oasis OTS .

Even then, a porter took our luggage directly to our car. :)

I am glad to hear the porters will take your bags to the car. In the past, I was told that they would not do that. I often travel solo and therefore have no one to stay with the bags while I go get the car. It would be very difficult for me to drag them all the way to the garage. I have been using Park N Go because they handle the bags. I have always had very positive experiences with them and feel my car is safe.