**Canceled Cruise because RCCL web site SUCKS!!!!!!!***

I am also disappointed with RCCL. I especially dislike the non-refundable deposits they have initiated. I would like to try NCL. Does anyone have any experience with this cruise line?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I enjoy NCL cruises. I was on the Escape last month and had a great time. Each line has its plusses and minuses. I go between RCI, NCL, and Carnival. I know food is so subjective, but IMHO the MDR food on NCL is just so so but the specialty restaurants are the best of any line I sail. RCI has the better entertainment.

I am also disappointed with RCCL. I especially dislike the non-refundable deposits they have initiated. I would like to try NCL. Does anyone have any experience with this cruise line?

I've been on three NCL cruises and have three more booked.

Here is a link to my review of my last NCL cruise (Dec 2016) a link to all the photos is in post # 104 ...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2439655

Here is a link to my review of the NCL Jade from February 2008 ...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=728733

Here is a link to my review of the NCL Star from Oct 2005 ...

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=13327

I've been on three NCL cruises and have three more booked.

Here is a link to my review of my last NCL cruise (Dec 2016) a link to all the photos is in post # 104 ...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2439655

Here is a link to my review of the NCL Jade from February 2008 ...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=728733

Here is a link to my review of the NCL Star from Oct 2005 ...

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=13327

Thank you.

Funny...I use Firefox on my PC and Safari on my iPad and have had NO problems with either one. True, the new interface is not the most user friendly, but it has not kept me from getting on or doing the things I wanted to do.

Clearing the Cache works!!!!! And yes I can see my upcoming reservation for April 5th 2018(;

This worked for me a couple of days ago, but hasn't worked since yesterday... I can log on, see my dashboard, but can't actually get into the cruise planner.... It basically puts me into a loop of-> Log On-> Get taken to the Dashboard-> Click Access Cruise Planner-> Click Log In-> Click on Log Into My Cruises-> Get taken to the dashboard-> and the cycle repeats :) Glad I still have quite a bit of time before my June cruise :) You'd think they'd get this fixed sometime in the next month? So glad I made my last payment before the site got wonky!

Funny...I use Firefox on my PC and Safari on my iPad and have had NO problems with either one. True, the new interface is not the most user friendly, but it has not kept me from getting on or doing the things I wanted to do.

I just tried Safari now, and I get a "Bad Request" error when I click on "Access Cruise Planner".

Are you able to actually get into the Cruise Planner from Safari?

I love RC, but their website _is_ horrible. It doesn't stop me from cruising with them, but I am sure it costs them money and business. Yes, I am ashamed for them sometimes when I introduce someone new to RC and they say "gee, their website is...[insert less than complimentary comment here]".

They often roll new stuff out that seems like it was never tested. It certainly needs to be created and tested to ensure it works in all of the major browsers and it (by far) does not. Often I have to try multiple browsers and even multiple computers (I use both Windows and Linux) to see which environment the portion of the site I'd like to use will work on.

Judy

I love RC, but their website _is_ horrible. It doesn't stop me from cruising with them, but I am sure it costs them money and business. Yes, I am ashamed for them sometimes when I introduce someone new to RC and they say "gee, their website is...[insert less than complimentary comment here]".

They often roll new stuff out that seems like it was never tested. It certainly needs to be created and tested to ensure it works in all of the major browsers and it (by far) does not. Often I have to try multiple browsers and even multiple computers (I use both Windows and Linux) to see which environment the portion of the site I'd like to use will work on.

Judy

I have to agree 100% with what you wrote. I am an IT manager for a midsize company with about 700 employees. My team works with our external vendor to develop and maintain our company's websites. If we ever rolled out a site with the sort of issues I've seen with the RC site, I think I would be fired. We test on all major browsers from computers, tablets and phones with multiple operating systems. I can't imagine why RC doesn't do the same.

I have to agree 100% with what you wrote. I am an IT manager for a midsize company with about 700 employees. My team works with our external vendor to develop and maintain our company's websites. If we ever rolled out a site with the sort of issues I've seen with the RC site, I think I would be fired. We test on all major browsers from computers, tablets and phones with multiple operating systems. I can't imagine why RC doesn't do the same.

Why would Royal Caribbean want to pay money to properly test something when its customers will test it for them for free?

There web site SUCKS!! Its the worst I have ever dealt with by FAR!!! I am still having problem with the junk. Can't see nothing about my cruise I am going on in 24 days. No packages or anything. Just plan out junk.

Its a shame on there part. It really is. Been like this for a month. Come on RCC get your **** together.

Wow! I can only imagine if you had a real problem. Think you need a little perspective.

Agree Totally! I’ve not had one problem with the new site. I’ve used my iPhone and iPad without a problem All my info is there all my reservations were intact and I printed my set sail pass. We go on Allure April 8th. Not saying I love the look of the site but as far as it working I’ve had no problems. Sorry to hear about those who aren’t so lucky.

Sent from my iPad using Forums