**Canceled Cruise because RCCL web site SUCKS!!!!!!!***

I think you muddied the waters when you said you didn't like to use a TA because you liked to pick your cabin.

Picking your cabin is not exclusive to using the website for bookings.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I think you all are over analyzing the statement. The water was not muddied. What I said was what I meant. The whole point of the statement is I like doing it myself. Not that any portion of the process is exclusive to booking on the website or utilizing a TA.

Ok? Are we as clear as glass?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is clearly something going on with RCCa right now. I talked to my TA today and she said they are very unhappy with Royal right now. I was about to book two cruises and the TA wanted me to be very very sure since deposits are now non refundable. The reviews on the ship, the Mariner, we are about to Book this fall are terrible as well as the one we think we want to book. We have cruised for thirty years and cruiselines get popular and then they get bad. Then they improve and another line goes bad. It is the luck of the draw. I love to cruise but I will wait til I return from Alaska on the Explorer to book any more cruises on Royal. Btw, their prices are very very low now. I guess there are many others thinking like us.

As for the website, I cannot access it from my Ipad on Safari but have no problem with Chrome.

I don't understand your statement and I think you are missing my point.

When you cannot use the website you have to use an intermediary to book your cruise. My point is I don't like using intermediaries, I like to do it myself. With the website experiencing these issues that becomes impossible.

Is that part of my statement clear now? The whole point is the website not TAs or NextCruise but the website.

You can book anything you want on the website and then transfer to a TA for, in many cases, some significant incentives. Unless you are high maintenance, you might never have to contact the TA again except to pay final payment.

Is that part of my statement clear now?

clear as glass as you say?

You can book anything you want on the website and then transfer to a TA for, in many cases, some significant incentives. Unless you are high maintenance, you might never have to contact the TA again except to pay final payment.

Is that part of my statement clear now?

No, because none of you get what is being said. You are looking to pick a fight but don't know what you are picking a fight over. Yes, I am high maintenance and I enjoy putting together my own trips without the aid of others. Whether it is a cruise or land trip. With the website having issues that sense of fulfillment is dampened. Does that make since to you? That is what I have said 3 times now. So please stop.

I can't with you all. Reading comprehension is not your forte. So I feel like I am talking to a wall. Good luck with your RC Issues. I wish you all the best and deliver42 I will enjoy my 2 cruises on RC. Which you would have gotten if you read.

Goodnight I am sorry that I even attempted to engage.

No, because none of you get what is being said. You are looking to pick a fight but don't know what you are picking a fight over. Yes, I am high maintenance and I enjoy putting together my own trips without the aid of others. Whether it is a cruise or land trip. With the website having issues that sense of fulfillment is dampened. Does that make since to you? That is what I have said 3 times now. So please stop.

I can't with you all. Reading comprehension is not your forte. So I feel like I am talking to a wall. Good luck with your RC Issues. I wish you all the best and deliver42 I will enjoy my 2 cruises on RC. Which you would have gotten if you read.

Goodnight I am sorry that I even attempted to engage.

We hear you exactly. You want what you obviously are not getting or don't know how to get. Move on

But why not book directly with the TA? What does booking with RCI get you?

Unless it's booked on board, therefore, there's OBCs from RCL and whatever from the TA. I've done this many times if the TA percs make it worthwhile. For instance on my upcoming Brilliance cruise, I'm getting $150 from RCL and $325 from my TA for a 12 niter.

But why not book directly with the TA? What does booking with RCI get you?

Booking directly with RCCL gets you the same price, and probably less perks, so if a final higher price is your goal, thats how to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have not been able to access my reservations in almost 2 months on their website I have tried everything possible to no avail. I have tried 3 or 4 browsers--or more, my android phone, etc, etc. I work in IT so I even tried things most people never heard of. I have called and called, and even the C & A reps can duplicate my issues but are unable to get it fixed. Most of the time I cannot even get in using the "back door" methods where I try to go into my reservation without logging in.

I have tried different computers in different locations as well, so I know it is not my browser or my internet. My sister is having the same issues as well and she IS the TA. She is even having issues on the TA site. In fact, they just reimbursed my beverage package and then told her I still owed that amount on my cruise and needed my credit card number again to recharge me.

So yes, there are some major issues going on that have nothing to do with clearing cache, etc. I have pretty much given up that my stuff will EVER be fixed. Thankfully my sister can get into my stuff and was able to book our entertainment and such for our upcoming Harmony cruise.

Just is beyond my realm of comprehension how a company this size can have an IT dept so bad. I would not have a job if our IT dept was that bad!!!!!!

I wonder what percentage of their revenue comes via direct website bookings?

Almost all our bookings are through Next Cruise or our TA. The couple that weren't were booked via phone.

I use website to research, online check-in, and recently to schedule shows and excursions. No major issues to speak of so far

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Us too. If I book direct, it's by phone. We do use an on-line TA occasionally but there are some strings attached to get their BELOW Royal advertised pricing. That's the only time we use them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well my brother and his Wife and the couple they was bringing has had enough. I can't say I don't blame them. I tried to log in my self today and it sa the same thing every time. It has been like this for 4 weeks now. I have also called and called.

He pretty much summed it up like. If there service sucks this bad before I get on the ship I don't even want to get on.

This was going to be his first one also.

WAY TO GO RCC. WAY TO GO!

LOL Someone else will gladly fill their cabin...

:rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

I think their IT website code writers are flunkies from Apple's form over function OS GUI team.

I just had the request your Captain's Club ID number page request my Captain's Club ID number to get my Captain's Club ID number . After filling out the form from a reset three times.

This HAS to be driving people away.

After a hour and a half trying to get in just to do shore excursions to have the website claim I have no cruises with them. I'm leaving on the 16th. I hate doing shore excursions at the last minute and I hate doing them on board, but half our ports have changed since the hurricanes.

I think their IT website code writers are flunkies from Apple's form over function OS GUI team.

I just had the request your Captain's Club ID number page request my Captain's Club ID number to get my Captain's Club ID number . After filling out the form from a reset three times.

This HAS to be driving people away.

After a hour and a half trying to get in just to do shore excursions to have the website claim I have no cruises with them. I'm leaving on the 16th. I hate doing shore excursions at the last minute and I hate doing them on board, but half our ports have changed since the hurricanes.

Perhaps you are mistakenly on the Celebrity website? Or perhaps you INTEND to be on the Celebrity website, because you are going on a Celebrity cruise? Not a Royal Caribbean cruise?

Not saying they don't have problems, but I can say the site is not down. I have never had an issue that was not caused by something on my side. That was always due to network restrictions in place at my work, and it just means I have to use incognito while at work.

I can say that I can't access anything on RCCL's website during my lunch breaks from my work computer unless I use Chrome and go Incognito. No problems then. But, work doesn't allow me to clear cookies or cache. Something about not trusting cops I guess. At home, no problem ever. I can get on with iPhone and iPad as well.

Now Celebrity. I'm on a cruise in November. I was starting to panic because I couldn't get online to do my check in. Seems they got something fixed because the last few weeks I was able to check in and make purchases. They still show up except for the cancelled excursion to Sapphire Beach. After seeing the picture of the beach I see why. Not sure why they are still selling excursions to St. Thomas but I highly doubt we are going there.

So far, I have not encountered problems using IE however when I did log on today to check my reservation I found they changed the price of my cruise on me. When I made the reservation a few weeks ago, the BOGO offer was applied. Today, the price did not reflect BOGO. Called customer service and it was corrected immediately. I'll be keeping a close eye on everything I do through the website and document it thoroughly in case I need to dispute something. Not a good way to start a vacation!:(