**Canceled Cruise because RCCL web site SUCKS!!!!!!!***

So please tell me how a Browser will fix a problem with RCI website when the set-sail pass has the cruise finishing 3 days before it really does?

How about crossing the Date line and the cruise shows 23 days when it is a 24 day cruise. Also with this came the fact that in North America the cruise was to finish on the 16th and on the Ozzie site it showed the 17th. Those in OZ phoned RCI and were told it does finish in Seattle on the 17th .....Australia time.... Some people got caught on this because their return flights were booked for the 17th not the 16th when the ship arrived.

What about showing dinner shore excursions (about 8 of them) and selling them for the night the ship leaves for the cruise at 5:00PM?

What about linking cabins and TA's not able to access your reservation? This is still a problem? Oh yes I have found that if cabins are linked one can see all the information of any cabins that are linked. I do believe this problem has been fixed, finally.

How about No Visa information for the port agent in India and calling them only made the matter worse.

Have you ever been in your reservation and had RCI call you asking you to log out because they need to access your reservation? I have, and it is still a problem today. I consider this one rather funny.

How about the website showing one price and calling your TA shows that price doesn't exist, yet you have a screen shot showing it does?

Would you like me to go on?

I have spent hours with the Vice Presidents Office of IT as they are upgrading the system fleet wide "next" year at a huge cost telling them of the problems. All problems I have stated have been verified by them and I was getting daily calls asking me to check to see if the problem was solved. Some problems could not be solved because the system is so old.

Oh yes I was never told what year the upgrade would be completed.

Do these sound like browser problems to you?

Please go on. I'd love to hear more.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Im sorry you are having such a issue, was just stating what worked for me. you sound very disgruntled and unhappy so I think your making the correct choice because cruises and for people to have fun and be happy, you dont seem the type to enjoy it and would only complain all the time, so perhaps another type of travel will better suite you.

I have had issues with the site not working but my biggest gripe is when looking for a cruise and selecting the filters it updates the page after every individual selection . I wish you could pick multiple filters and then hit an update button to apply your selections

THANK YOU!!! I thought it was just me! And Chrome will never work on RCCL website for me!

I do think this is a case where there is a negative bias in the reporting.

Many come on these boards to say they had a great cruise, but who would ever think to come on and say they had a seamless experience on a website?

I keep hearing about I.E., I thought most Microsoft users were on Edge???

Personally, I shop cruises through one or two apps on my I phone, and when I'm ready to book, I call or email a TA.

Don't recall having an issue with onboard planners with any cruiseline, but we usually don't make changes once we've booked something. Never cleared my cache, but I do avoid the browsers back buttons and the "X" in the upper right corner of the window. I navigate with the buttons on the site and logout when I'm done. I have to do the same thing with, airlines, hotels and banks to avoid these type of issues. And I run in to these issues much more on those sites and most of them are bigger companies.

Now Amazon, they are in a class by themselves, not just with their website, but with customer service and how quickly they learn from their mistakes. That company deserves it success and most any cruise line (or other company) could be more successful by following Amazon's model.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by nealstuber

I've tried them all and still have issues. It's not all the person on the computer. I can't get past a page or 2 on booking. Usually have to try several times. They messed up my final payment saying they owed me which is fine but was not correct. I've even called and had them tell me they were having IT issues with the site. Also have called with different issues only to have the person say we've had several calls about this today. So definitely not always the user,

I have had issues with the site not working but my biggest gripe is when looking for a cruise and selecting the filters it updates the page after every individual selection. I wish you could pick multiple filters and then hit an update button to apply your selections

So true! GREAT suggestion.

What's the reason the rest of the world aside from the complainers have no problem?

I have never complained yet have the same problems everyone is talking about. That Royal has allowed the problem to go on this long is perplexing and beyond annoying. Spend just a little of the money you are making on your jacked-up prices, Royal, and FIX THIS!

I think it's a lack of education from the people using the website. Their spelling and grammar are similar to most "snowflakes" I have met, so I guess it's the school systems in their area.

Well my brother and his Wife and the couple they was bringing has had enough. I can't say I don't blame them. I tried to log in my self today and it sa the same thing every time. It has been like this for 4 weeks now. I have also called and called.

He pretty much summed it up like. If there service sucks this bad before I get on the ship I don't even want to get on.

This was going to be his first one also.

WAY TO GO RCC. WAY TO GO!

I was also encountering issues with their website recently. I emailed RCCL regarding these issues. They assured me earlier this week that the issues were resolved and that the best IPs to use were Firefox and Explorer and that the website did not work well on mobile devices. I did access their site using Explorer and it worked without any issues. I am a Chrome user so I just need to remember to use one of the other providers for their service. They recently discontinued service on the app and the website started falling apart within the last 6 months or thereabouts, so I only imagine that they are having issues with IT support. I do hope they get this resolved soon. They will lose a lot customers.

Good luck with finding a cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had so many problems booking we almost didn't book. We tried everything, clearing cookies, using a different browser ( I use Chrome 99% of the time, but we also tried safari and firefox), using an incognito browser. Nothing worked well. It is very rare we have issues with any other website. No issues booking Disney cruises or vacations. No issues with any other vacation web pages. I know other people have reported issues with NCL, but we haven't run into that yet. Princess wont let me browse on their site since I am not in the mainland USA (living in a US territory is a pain sometimes) so we wont book with them at all.

I did find that it was easier to book the cruise, then change the staterooms (we wanted staterooms near each other) then to try to select the staterooms together because if we did that it would take me to a blank page or back to the search page. That was using firefox.

I realize I could call, but it was my husband and myself, on the phone with my Mother in Law while we discussed and booked. Even if it was just me, I like to have everything in front of me. I always feel like I am missing something on the phone, even if I take notes.

Hi as I posted to Dalton, when I contacted RCCL regarding the internet issues they asked me to use Explorer or Firefox to access the site (I am also a Chrome user almost exclusively) and to use a computer instead of a mobile device (I am almost always on my iPad b/c it is easier to transport and allows me greater access at any time). I know this is a lot to consider to access a major cruise line website. In my opinion, they are experiencing major IT support issues that need to be addressed sooner than later.

I think it's a lack of education from the people using the website. Their spelling and grammar are similar to most "snowflakes" I have met, so I guess it's the school systems in their area.

What exactly is your experience with the RCI site? It's not user "lack of education". It's very much the design and coding. Many people have reported problems with it using Chrome. Also, someone reported recently that they were told the site wasn't designed to use with Chrome. Since the report is that when people click on one of RCI links and they either get a white page or error message, how can "lack of education" cause that lol? The label snowflakes usually refers to millennials, not uneducated people. I'd hazard to guess that those posting about the issues are not millennials, nor are they uneducated.

Quit stirring the pot! Obviously you are not the only one since a couple of posters are playing the "I've never had a problem so it's obviously not the site" card. I never believe anyone who has never, ever had a problem with any website. They are inherently imperfect at least occasionally. The problem with RCI's site is that it has become a very common problem for many people.

Edited by BND

Well my brother and his Wife and the couple they was bringing has had enough. I can't say I don't blame them. I tried to log in my self today and it sa the same thing every time. It has been like this for 4 weeks now. I have also called and called.

He pretty much summed it up like. If there service sucks this bad before I get on the ship I don't even want to get on.

This was going to be his first one also.

WAY TO GO RCC. WAY TO GO!

Kudos to your Brother and their party. I always have to fully support people letting their wallet speak if they are unhappy. I do believe it is the only way to protest and make a point.

Hopefully he can find another vacation that fully meets his expectations and he will be happy with.

Having said all this, I never had any website issues with RCI and it would certainly be no reason for me to cancel, but again I applaud to your brother.

Not the web site. Cruise line cannot afford to have their web sites down for more then a few minutes. Most, if not all, run mirror sites as backups/load balancers. Ensures their $$$ stream keeps flowing.

If you think Royal's site is bad, you should try Celebrity's:rolleyes:. I usually don't have a problem with Royal's but trying to get ready for our August cruise on Eqinox has been nothing but frustrating:mad:

Sherri:)