**Canceled Cruise because RCCL web site SUCKS!!!!!!!***

If you think Royal's site is bad, you should try Celebrity's:rolleyes:. I usually don't have a problem with Royal's but trying to get ready for our August cruise on Eqinox has been nothing but frustrating:mad:

Sherri:)

Celebrity is owned by Royal.

Same back end shoddy coding

I can vouch for Celebrity's website being terrible! I have two paid in full reservations. The website showed neither of them. Manually putting in the data allowed me to do on-line check-in for the upcoming one. Thereafter it disappeared again. I have five bookings with Celebrity through 2019; the website says I have no reservations. If I were a first time cruiser I would find this very scary and I might cancel the booking. As it is I'm Elite Plus and we love sailing Celebrity and I've accepted that the website has absolutely no bearing on my shipboard experience.

A simple, innocent question and that's the answer I get?

MANY times on this board, simple and innocent in equals nasty out. Don't take it personally. Some people just make themselves feel smarter by bashing others. I try my best to ignore those posts and concentrate on the wealth of information posted by nice, intelligent folks like Clarea (Bob).

If you think Royal's site is bad, you should try Celebrity's:rolleyes:. I usually don't have a problem with Royal's but trying to get ready for our August cruise on Eqinox has been nothing but frustrating:mad:

Sherri:)

I have two cruises booked each with Celebrity and RCCL , with all 4 cruises, whenever I go to their websites, NO PROBLEMS. I have a cruise in August on the Grandeur. Online checkin went smoothly. I use a chromebook, and many people have said chrome doesn't work well. I went on the Equinox in May, no problems then either, booking excursions, etc. I have stopped using anything Microsoft the last five years. Chromebook and Ipad is all I every use now. Instant bootup on both. No virus programs to pay for.

I do agree, navigating through their websites is not very intuitive or easy.

What I don't understand is why it seems like they've made their website worse Everytime they revamp it. I will book through a TA going forward just to avoid using their site. It's all but unusable, seems like they are more concerned with making it look pretty than making it more convenient. Maybe they want to discourage people from booking extras ahead of time at discounted prices. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder what percentage of their revenue comes via direct website bookings?

Almost all our bookings are through Next Cruise or our TA. The couple that weren't were booked via phone.

I use website to research, online check-in, and recently to schedule shows and excursions. No major issues to speak of so far

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I wonder what percentage of their revenue comes via direct website bookings?

Almost all our bookings are through Next Cruise or our TA. The couple that weren't were booked via phone.

I use website to research, online check-in, and recently to schedule shows and excursions. No major issues to speak of so far

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Same here, I use the web site for research only.

NCL cruiser here trying to book first RCCL trip - like the 5 day to Bermuda and think the Anthem would be a great choice. But as a newbie, the website is very frustrating - especially on an Ipad. Impossible to research room types and pricing options. The suite prices were provided regardless of room category chosen. And couldn't even get a display of the suite room options with the pricing. Had to go to a third party site to research. I've not tried to book yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well my brother and his Wife and the couple they was bringing has had enough. I can't say I don't blame them. I tried to log in my self today and it sa the same thing every time. It has been like this for 4 weeks now. I have also called and called.

He pretty much summed it up like. If there service sucks this bad before I get on the ship I don't even want to get on.

This was going to be his first one also.

WAY TO GO RCC. WAY TO GO!

What a ridiculous response to a bad web site experience.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What a ridiculous response to a bad web site experience.....

If you'd not travelled with RCI before, and had a bad expereiecne with the website, it could very well put you off from travelling, as you may exepct the rest of the ship to follow along the same lines.

NCL cruiser here trying to book first RCCL trip - like the 5 day to Bermuda and think the Anthem would be a great choice. But as a newbie, the website is very frustrating - especially on an Ipad. Impossible to research room types and pricing options. The suite prices were provided regardless of room category chosen. And couldn't even get a display of the suite room options with the pricing. Had to go to a third party site to research. I've not tried to book yet...

Hi. RC is having several issues. The website does not work well on mobile devices. Also try using IE or Firefox to access website.

Hi. RC is having several issues. The website does not work well on mobile devices. Also try using IE or Firefox to access website.

I'm in it right now with Chrome Incognito. Tried Edge first, no luck.

Will do. Thank you!

Their recommendations for IP are IE or Firefox on a computer.

I have been able to access using Chrome but it does not last long. At first I thought it was my system and tried logging on from work. Same results. I can check my current reservations (2 booked on RC for this year) with no problem but cannot research future cruises using Chrome or when I am on my IPad.

If you'd not travelled with RCI before, and had a bad expereiecne with the website, it could very well put you off from travelling, as you may exepct the rest of the ship to follow along the same lines.

Has it been confirmed that with 20+ days out the Op & associates actually cancelled their cruise. What ship? What a waste of money.

I can log in on Edge, but if I try to look at shore excursion, or any of the links to order something, I get "Bad Request" and cannot go back or get out of it. I try Internet Explorer and I can access anything I click on to possibly order something on my cruise account page.

RCI's site was programmed for certain browsers, obviously.

I use Chrome. I get emails from RC and when I go to "book or see sailings," I get this all the time.

SORRY, WE COULD NOT PROCESS YOUR REQUEST. PLEASE TRY AGAIN IN A FEW MOMENTS.

Very annoying. I have been trying for a few months and that's the message I will get. I even replied back to RC through the emails and never got a response.

I have cleared my cookies many, many times. Does not work.

Their recommendations for IP are IE or Firefox on a computer.

I have been able to access using Chrome but it does not last long. At first I thought it was my system and tried logging on from work. Same results. I can check my current reservations (2 booked on RC for this year) with no problem but cannot research future cruises using Chrome or when I am on my IPad.

I am running on a PC now. A very old Dell Hybrid running W10, with a recent update. That's why I tried Edge. This machine doesn't have Firefox installed, and I gave up on IE quite some time ago.

Like I said earlier, I mainly log in to do online check-in and have not had any issues with Chrome Incognito. We currently have 20+ cruises on the my cruises page. I can only access one of them for payments and such as it was a direct book. It's not until next March so I don't have to try and pay off anything for a while. I'll probably do it over phone anyway. ;)

This is a copy of their response to my email. I do not like using TA b/c I enjoy the process. I want to select my own stateroom and perform my own research. I sympathize with everyone's frustration. Both of my cruises are paid off and I was able to book excursions and make dinner reservations. I am interested in booking a cruise to Cuba for next year but because of the unnecessary drama using RC website is causing I don't know. I am aware I can book once I take my first cruise in September using NextCruise but I would like to research now. Good luck to everyone with your cruises. I hope all is corrected soon.

[emoji23]LOL- obviously the issues have not been resolved but it's adorable that they would like you to believe so. 🤣

Dear Ms. Green:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We are happy to report that our Information Technology Department has resolved the issue with our website. You may now access http://www.royalcaribbean.com without issue.

When accessing the website we recommend using Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. We also advise guests to use a desktop computer or a laptop. IPhones, iPads and other tablets are not fully compatible with our website.

We hope that you will give cruising onboard a try in the future. Our cruise line has won the Travel Weekly’s ‘Best Cruise Line Overall’ award for fourteen consecutive years. Our most notable ships are the Oasis-class ships because they are the largest cruise ships in the world. To learn more about the Oasis-class and the rest of our fleet, please feel free to visit us at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do.

Our Certified Vacation Planners are available to plan your most royal vacation. You may contact our Certified Vacation Planners directly by dialing 1-800-205-9812 and pressing option 5 and then option 3. Representatives are available 24/7 for your convenience.

Ms. Green, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard in the future.

Sincerely,

Trudala Cooks

Royal Caribbean Customer Support

-----------------------------

This is a copy of their response to my email. I do not like using TA b/c I enjoy the process. I want to select my own stateroom and perform my own research. I sympathize with everyone's frustration. Both of my cruises are paid off and I was able to book excursions and make dinner reservations. I am interested in booking a cruise to Cuba for next year but because of the unnecessary drama using RC website is causing I don't know. I am aware I can book once I take my first cruise in September using NextCruise but I would like to research now. Good luck to everyone with your cruises. I hope all is corrected soon.

[emoji23]LOL- obviously the issues have not been resolved but it's adorable that they would like you to believe so. 🤣

Dear Ms. Green:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We are happy to report that our Information Technology Department has resolved the issue with our website. You may now access www.royalcaribbean.com without issue.

When accessing the website we recommend using Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. We also advise guests to use a desktop computer or a laptop. IPhones, iPads and other tablets are not fully compatible with our website.

We hope that you will give cruising onboard a try in the future. Our cruise line has won the Travel Weekly’s ‘Best Cruise Line Overall’ award for fourteen consecutive years. Our most notable ships are the Oasis-class ships because they are the largest cruise ships in the world. To learn more about the Oasis-class and the rest of our fleet, please feel free to visit us at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do.

Our Certified Vacation Planners are available to plan your most royal vacation. You may contact our Certified Vacation Planners directly by dialing 1-800-205-9812 and pressing option 5 and then option 3. Representatives are available 24/7 for your convenience.

Ms. Green, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard in the future.

Sincerely,

Trudala Cooks

Royal Caribbean Customer Support

-----------------------------

Has nothing to do with using TA or not

Has nothing to do with using TA or not

I don't understand your statement and I think you are missing my point.

When you cannot use the website you have to use an intermediary to book your cruise. My point is I don't like using intermediaries, I like to do it myself. With the website experiencing these issues that becomes impossible.

Is that part of my statement clear now? The whole point is the website not TAs or NextCruise but the website.