**Canceled Cruise because RCCL web site SUCKS!!!!!!!***

I agree their website is poor, and there is no excuse considering the size of their company. They aren't a little mom and pop who can't afford to put it in their budget. And, when you call you are on hold forever. That being said. It isn't bad enough to make me cancel my cruise.

I don't know how anyone is defending RC's website. It is an absolute joke and by far the worst travel website of a major provider I have ever had to deal with.

I use chrome and have to clear my history about every week before the site will work. But why on earth should I even have to do that?

I don't ever have to do that with Disney, or Disney Cruise Line, or Universal, or any hotel website, or heck even the airline websites.

How anyone can say the problem is "on my side, not theirs" is beyond me. It is 2017, I shouldn't have to do anything on my side. I shouldn't have to use this browser or that browser. I should just be able to use my browser and go to their website and have it work like every other website out there.

You'd think it was 1995 with the way their website functions.

Totally agree. Unless you have a completely antiquated system, you shouldn't have to change browsers or OS or caching or history clearing or anything you are doing on your end to access their site correctly. This is a RCCL problem, not a user problem. They ARE losing bookings because of this and it's just plain stupid business. And it's not just bookings. My completely-paid-for cruise variously shows that I am due a $750 credit (for what, who knows) or that my balance is zero (as it should be) or that I owe them something (for what, who knows). It's ridiculous. If I was the CEO of this company, I'd be ashamed of myself for not getting the website fixed NOW. And no, you shouldn't have to go through a third-party agent (who gets a commission that you pay for) to avoid this problem. Every other cruise line lets you book (correctly) online.

Agreed that they have a serious IT problem. You won't hear anyone talking about what browser they need to use or how they need to clear their cache when shopping on Amazon, do you? In this day and age, there's no excuse for how temperamental the Royal Caribbean website is.

Not on Amazon, but I did have a problem with Lord and Taylor. Called and was told the same as I was told for the RCCL site. Clear the cache. It worked fine after I did. Maybe someone from RCCL's IT dept is now working at Lord and Taylor. Never had a problem with L & T before.

And no, you shouldn't have to go through a third-party agent (who gets a commission that you pay for) to avoid this problem. .

You get the same price booking through a TA, and depending on who you use, you can make out better with free OBC, dinners, gratituties and other perks booking through a TA. You aren't paying any more for their commission.

Not on Amazon, but I did have a problem with Lord and Taylor. Called and was told the same as I was told for the RCCL site. Clear the cache. It worked fine after I did. Maybe someone from RCCL's IT dept is now working at Lord and Taylor. Never had a problem with L & T before.

I had that same problem with L&T last week. I switched from Chrome to Firefox, and it worked. :)

I don't know how anyone is defending RC's website. It is an absolute joke and by far the worst travel website of a major provider I have ever had to deal with.

I use chrome and have to clear my history about every week before the site will work. But why on earth should I even have to do that?

I don't ever have to do that with Disney, or Disney Cruise Line, or Universal, or any hotel website, or heck even the airline websites.

How anyone can say the problem is "on my side, not theirs" is beyond me. It is 2017, I shouldn't have to do anything on my side. I shouldn't have to use this browser or that browser. I should just be able to use my browser and go to their website and have it work like every other website out there.

You'd think it was 1995 with the way their website functions.

I will defend the RC website. We have not had any problems in our last two cruises. This one we booked entirely through the website. Personally I would not use chrome if someone paid me.

Celebrity website wouldn't win any prizes either!

I used to like the Celebrity site until the recent changes.

However worst site goes to MSC. I ended up calling them for the info I needed. Our vacation planner with them is very good though so it makes up for the website issues.

I've never had a problem. Not sure if this is a US thing. I use a Mac and use Chrome and it's always worked.

It would drive me mad if you couldn't log on and deal with everything the way you should with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed!!! The issue is the browser not the website... I found this out while using chrome.. after the first few times I couldn't access the search engine .. switched to explorer and no problem at all.. chrome works fine to look at my reservations but not to search a cruise...

QUOTE=sbussert;53529806]I have had issues on the site, but it usually is my Cache or browser and not RCCL's technology. It is tough to manage a very complicated process on the web with so many browsers (outdated and poorly maintained on the users side-not saying this is the case-just had a lot of experience with it). But when I had an issue, using a different browser taught me quickly who had the problem. In reality, I'm with most of the respondents. I haven't had an issue that was on their side. Remember, if their site isn't working, they are making any money. I'm pretty sure they'd be all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well my brother and his Wife and the couple they was bringing has had enough. I can't say I don't blame them. I tried to log in my self today and it sa the same thing every time. It has been like this for 4 weeks now. I have also called and called.

He pretty much summed it up like. If there service sucks this bad before I get on the ship I don't even want to get on.

This was going to be his first one also.

WAY TO GO RCC. WAY TO GO!

Mmk bye

I have had issues on the site, but it usually is my Cache or browser and not RCCL's technology. It is tough to manage a very complicated process on the web with so many browsers (outdated and poorly maintained on the users side-not saying this is the case-just had a lot of experience with it). But when I had an issue, using a different browser taught me quickly who had the problem. In reality, I'm with most of the respondents. I haven't had an issue that was on their side. Remember, if their site isn't working, they are making any money. I'm pretty sure they'd be all over it.

Other's big companies, epsecially those in the travel industry don't have the same problems

I have resigned myself to the fact that it will work for me on IE and not Chrome, so I just open up an IE window and log in from there. With Chrome I get constant error messages when trying to access my cruises. With IE, no problems so far. It seems to have all started with the last upgrade a couple of months ago. I do think they need to fix whatever is causing this problem so that it works with all browsers that people commonly use,

Maybe clear your cache? I have never had a problem with their website.

How do you do this?

I've recently had problems using both Internet Explorer and Opera and believe it or not even Firefox - maybe I need to do what you mentioned?

How do you do this?

I've recently had problems using both Internet Explorer and Opera and believe it or not even Firefox - maybe I need to do what you mentioned?

IE: Tools, Internet Options, Browsing History, Delete.

FF: Tools, Options, Privacy.