**Canceled Cruise because RCCL web site SUCKS!!!!!!!***

I massively disagree with anyone who says that the RCI Website not working proper is 'user error'

I am extremely IT literate. The website is full of bugs. I've never been able to get the 'my cruses' section to work on Firefox. Firefox also just gives a blank white page when searching on the US website (The UK website is fine however). My browers are all fully up to date.

You only have to look at their Facebook page and Cruise Critic to see the amount of people complaining about the Website. Same and constant errors - Cruises getting re-priced / blank pages appearing / undefined errors...

This is not user error at all. It's shoddy coding. I don't know any other website on the net where I have such a bad user experience as theirs

I massively disagree with anyone who says that the RCI Website not working proper is 'user error'

I am extremely IT literate. The website is full of bugs. I've never been able to get the 'my cruses' section to work on Firefox. Firefox also just gives a blank white page when searching on the US website (The UK website is fine however). My browers are all fully up to date.

You only have to look at their Facebook page and Cruise Critic to see the amount of people complaining about the Website. Same and constant errors - Cruises getting re-priced / blank pages appearing / undefined errors...

This is not user error at all. It's shoddy coding. I don't know any other website on the net where I have such a bad user experience as theirs

What's the reason the rest of the world aside from the complainers have no problem?

I have had issues with the site not working but my biggest gripe is when looking for a cruise and selecting the filters it updates the page after every individual selection . I wish you could pick multiple filters and then hit an update button to apply your selections

I totally agree. It's very surprising that a company as large as they are continue to put out such a poorly-coded website year after year.

Still waiting for my first issue with the Royal web site. Pardon my ignorance, but if there are inherent issues, would not everyone experience them? Never have had a problem searching cruises, pulling up an existing one etc. Just booked our five night dining package and show reservations for Oasis, no problems at all.

Still waiting for my first issue with the Royal web site. Pardon my ignorance, but if there are inherent issues, would not everyone experience them? Never have had a problem searching cruises, pulling up an existing one etc. Just booked our five night dining package and show reservations for Oasis, no problems at all.

Not necessarily. There are several factors, including which browser is being used, certain browser settings, how recently the website has been visited, which version of the website is being used (US/UK/etc.). With a well-written website, these would not be issues, and it would just work for everyone.

Not necessarily. There are several factors, including which browser is being used, certain browser settings, how recently the website has been visited, which version of the website is being used (US/UK/etc.). With a well-written website, these would not be issues, and it would just work for everyone.

And the world would be perfect!

I have had issues on the site, but it usually is my Cache or browser and not RCCL's technology. It is tough to manage a very complicated process on the web with so many browsers (outdated and poorly maintained on the users side-not saying this is the case-just had a lot of experience with it). But when I had an issue, using a different browser taught me quickly who had the problem. In reality, I'm with most of the respondents. I haven't had an issue that was on their side. Remember, if their site isn't working, they are making any money. I'm pretty sure they'd be all over it.

Exactly...because people are always complaining about Amazon's site. :rolleyes:

People here...on the RCI board...have been complaining about their site for YEARS. They obviously don't care. If they did, they would hire someone who keeps sites with "a very complicated process" operational to run their IT.

I can understand the sentiment of the OP. If a business makes if difficult for me to deal with them WHILE THEY ARE TRYING TO GET MY BUSINESS, what will they do when it am a captive audience. That sentiment may not be fair...but nobody promised life or business would be fair.

We have sailed with them after the IT problems got real bad but we never mess with our reservation...me make it and board when the time comes.

I personally have never had a problem with their website. But I also don't get so worked up over such things either. If it's not working, meh...comeback to it later. If it's a priority...pick up the phone. It's communication between two devices. Maybe their website has some quirks...but it takes to devices to tango...so yes, it does matter what is happening on your end with your computer. As great as technology is...it can be really finicky sometimes. There are a number of different websites that work better for me with different browsers.

And make no mistake about it...they are not losing big money over this apparent issue. For everyone who gets mad and says they are never sailing RC again, there is somebody who is willing to slide right into their cabin. Cruises are full and the lines are ordering billion dollar ships by the boat load...pun intended.

There web site SUCKS!! Its the worst I have ever dealt with by FAR!!! I am still having problem with the junk. Can't see nothing about my cruise I am going on in 24 days. No packages or anything. Just plan out junk.

Its a shame on there part. It really is. Been like this for a month. Come on RCC get your **** together.

Royal Caribbean's IT people must have gone to the same school that taught you spelling and grammar.

I experience errors (blank, white pages) when trying to complete the online check-in. Happened the last couple of cruises, and I had to switch browsers.

I keep my computer up to date, run both FF and Chrome (and IE is there, but never used). All computers at work are updated by the library cooperative all the time.

Not sure to whom they outsourced their IT departments to but this seems like a universal issue with all cruise lines. In addition they are all trying to make their pages tablets friendly but in the meantime the desktop versions suffer.

My biggest gripe with RCI is I cannot search solo rates easilly, unlike NCL.

I was having problems with the page displaying using Mozilla. If i use Chrome or IE I have no problems at all.

I usually just call them - never waited more than 5 minutes and have almost always talked to a very nice person.

It is too bad that they cancelled. I am sure they would have had a very good trip. Thirteenth cruise coming up soon and never really had an issue.

The slightest problem was taken care of right away. Too bad they didn't give them a chance - the website the the cruise staff are totally unrelated.

Just printed my SetSail pass and completed online info for a Sept sailing using Chrome without any hiccups or issues at all. All excursions, wifi and drink packages were purchased with no issues either. Have also done the previous 2 cruises using IE and no problems there either and I'm using Windows 7. It's the nature of the beast when dealing with technology but I certainly wouldn't cancel my long awaited trip when I'm sure help is a phone call away.

I think the website has had ongoing problems of one sort or another for many years. People saying they have never had a problem: good for you.

I've had a few minor glitches that were annoying but I've had more mistakes in my favor, for various reasons, so I kind of like the fact that one never knows what mistakes will be found. I like to view their sloppy maintenance as an ongoing source of potential bonuses for me as a customer.

I have had an issue with my upcoming cruise in that if I'm logged in, I can't select it. It locks it. If I go in via "already booked" without logging in I can get to my planner. It's not perfect or convenient, but it works. Just have to have your reservation number. Also, the website runs better on IE.

I will defend the RC website. We have not had any problems in our last two cruises. This one we booked entirely through the website. Personally I would not use chrome if someone paid me.

I use mostly Firefox now.

If someone paid me.....I'd use Chrome exclusively.[emoji275]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The website may suck, but is it really worth canceling a cruise over?

None of times we've had access issues have it even approached cancelling a cruise over.

If it is that bad in your eyes, that's fine- it's your vacation time.

Other's big companies, epsecially those in the travel industry don't have the same problems

People keep saying that but clearly don't spend much time on airline websites.

Or the abomination that is the Hilton website where it's still pulling inventory from two totally different systems and might as well be randomly generating room availability data.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I use IE, Chrome and Firefox. And depending on the time of day, the weather, the mood of my computer :D, I can search for cruises. But if karma is not on my side, :(, forget it.

I am definitely not a techie, so I always blame the bad juju on karma.

People keep saying that but clearly don't spend much time on airline websites.

Or the abomination that is the Hilton website where it's still pulling inventory from two totally different systems and might as well be randomly generating room availability data.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I must be jerk to work for because if my CIO tried to use the excuse of "other travel related sites have issues" they would quickly become my FORMER CIO. My philosophy is, I don't give a rats rear how bad other sites might be...I want ours to be very user friendly, and one of the most reliable and best functioning sites on the internet.