**Canceled Cruise because RCCL web site SUCKS!!!!!!!***

It's not just the website. It's the backend that website runs on. I'm in IT. I'd have fired people for some of the decisions that were made in the design of this system. It's short-sighted, lazy-as-f*** coding.

If we hadn't been travelling with others, I would have cancelled a cruise last summer due to the issues I had getting our cruise booked correctly and linked to the others. I spent hours on the phone with RCCL over several months because a) the website didn't work or b) the website was actually incapable of doing certain things or c) the back-end systems were just BAD.

If you have rooms that will fit 6 people, why on earth can't you have reservations that handle 6 people? We had to split our room into two reservations. That caused lots of other issues (my favorite - at one point, the system changed our reservations so they had different dining times; 4 of us had early dining; the youngest kid had late dining). Literally HOURS I wasted on the phone to get it all fixed.

My Disney and Carnival cruises were easy to book/maintain myself (although Carnival's website has been deteriorating).

There web site SUCKS!! Its the worst I have ever dealt with by FAR!!! I am still having problem with the junk. Can't see nothing about my cruise I am going on in 24 days. No packages or anything. Just plan out junk.

Its a shame on there part. It really is. Been like this for a month. Come on RCC get your **** together.

I'm sorry that you are frustrated. We have never had a problem.

Agreed that they have a serious IT problem. You won't hear anyone talking about what browser they need to use or how they need to clear their cache when shopping on Amazon, do you? In this day and age, there's no excuse for how temperamental the Royal Caribbean website is.

PERFECTLY stated......in this day and age the consumer should NOT have to worry about OS interface (ex: Chrome, Firefox, IE etc)...their site should be IT savvy enough to work with any OS - just like Amazon's does.....LOL!!

PERFECTLY stated......in this day and age the consumer should NOT have to worry about OS interface (ex: Chrome, Firefox, IE etc)...their site should be IT savvy enough to work with any OS - just like Amazon's does.....LOL!!

Amazon website is 100% necessary, Royal's is not. They have people that answer the phone, and work with TA's for a lot of their business.

I use Chrome Incognito, no real problems, just a few quirks. Find what works and stick to it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I agree as well. There's really no excuse for why their website is so bad, for a company that large.

You get the same price booking through a TA, and depending on who you use, you can make out better with free OBC, dinners, gratituties and other perks booking through a TA. You aren't paying any more for their commission.

I have never paid more via a TA, and I check all the time when booking, I use a TA because she keeps me informed about what's new and what changes including monitoring drink packages and excursions... I have booked on line too, but prefer a TA over all.

;)

I agree as well. There's really no excuse for why their website is so bad, for a company that large.
+1

Not to mention, Chrome is the most-used browser on the market today. Market share estimates put it at around 50 to 60 percent. If a site doesn't work on Chrome, the problem lies with the site, NOT the browser.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

+1

Not to mention, Chrome is the most-used browser on the market today. Market share estimates put it at around 50 to 60 percent. If a site doesn't work on Chrome, the problem lies with the site, NOT the browser.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Works on Chrome for me. I just have to use incognito.

It is my understanding that this version doesn't store cookies and such

Wait until you spouse finds out which sites you've been visiting when your spouse is not home, or is asleep. Then you will have wished you used incognito mode. :evilsmile:

Yes, we all know the purpose of incognito. It may be the most popular way to use Chrome if you read some of the statistics published.

• 5 months later...

I went from loving RCL to absolutely hating them. As a Diamond Plus I have watched quality and service to take a big dive and the nickel and diming is getting worse. Now the website won't let me access my future cruise's details. Can't negotiate through the RCL website anymore. So I have booked on other cruise lines and plan to cancel all future cruises with RCL.

I am also disappointed with RCCL. I especially dislike the non-refundable deposits they have initiated. I would like to try NCL. Does anyone have any experience with this cruise line?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Gave them three chances. Absolutely hated it.