Club Class Dining on the Pacific Princess - July 2017

cflutist

• 1 month later...

Maybe i missed this somewhere but here goes: we are planning on the Aug 2 cruise on Pacific princess in a club class cabin. It was a great price and for only $100 more total we decided to go for it.

My TA said that we are down for club class dining but she still had to put down 6 pm or 815 as the dining choice. Odd...

I know there is no anytime dining on this ship, but do you still have to go at 6 or 815? We like going at about 7pm.

Thanks

Maybe i missed this somewhere but here goes: we are planning on the Aug 2 cruise on Pacific princess in a club class cabin. It was a great price and for only $100 more total we decided to go for it.

My TA said that we are down for club class dining but she still had to put down 6 pm or 815 as the dining choice. Odd...

I know there is no anytime dining on this ship, but do you still have to go at 6 or 815? We like going at about 7pm.

Thanks

When you log on to Princess and click on “Manage This Booking”, under “Ship & Stateroom”, it should say “Club Class Comfirmed”. If you click on that, it should show Club Class Dining as selected with a note below it stating:

“Similar to restaurants, dine with whomever you like anytime from 5:30pm – 10:00pm in our Club Class Dining Rooms.”

Thanks

I am the OP. The dining times were stated in my original post. The Pacific Princess does not have Anytime Dining. In July 2017 there were two fixed seatings 5:30 and 7:45 pm. However for Club Class Dining the waiters told us that there was a 45 minute leeway so we could arrive as late as 6:15 for the first seating. There were only about 6 couples at the first seating. The 2nd seating was a lot busier according to our waiter. I stuck my head in the MDR once and yes, almost all tables were occupied during the 2nd seating.

• 4 weeks later...

We had Club Class dining on the Pacific Princess in August and loved it. The Maitre'D could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Our "daily specials" we very similar to those mentioned above in the thread. You can show up for each meal as early as when regular fixed seating starts. There are quite a few tables for two but they tend to fill up quickly for dinner, especially second seating and if you want to sit near a window. We came as late as 30 minutes after each fixed seating started with no problems. Many people sat at the same tables for every meal. At breakfast and lunch you could generally sit anywhere you wanted as it was never crowded.

We had Club Class dining on the Pacific Princess in August and loved it. The Maitre'D could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Our "daily specials" we very similar to those mentioned above in the thread. You can show up for each meal as early as when regular fixed seating starts. There are quite a few tables for two but they tend to fill up quickly for dinner, especially second seating and if you want to sit near a window. We came as late as 30 minutes after each fixed seating started with no problems. Many people sat at the same tables for every meal. At breakfast and lunch you could generally sit anywhere you wanted as it was never crowded.

Glad you enjoyed CC Dining.

We normally showed up for early seating. There were 3 couples (including us) that sat together at the 2-tops. We took turns sitting by the window. The 2 other regular couples preferred to sit alone along the walls.

On of the open seating nights we took the third table in saving the other two tables for the other couples if they should join us. A couple that we didn't recognize came in and sat themselves by the window. I never saw the Maitre'D move so fast.

He asked if they were in CC Dining and they didn't know what that was. He asked to see their cruise card after which he said that he could find them a table by the window in the other section of the dining room.

Many thanks for your review. On most Princess ships "Club Class" unfortunately, is denied us poor mortals who have to have a wheelchair accessible cabin, including on the Pacific. We managed to avail ourselves of this delightful experience on the Crown last month as we were in a full suite. We "do" the Pacific Princess in a couple of weeks time in an accessible non club class mini. Envy Envy. :) Carry on cruising.

Yep

Just one of many options denied to the wheelchair users among us.

• 2 years later...

Thanks for your posting of Club Class on the Pacific.  We are booked on her for March, 2022, a long way off but that is due to the dreaded Corona Virus.

We love Club Class and since it was first offered way back in 2017 on the Emerald Princess we have always booked either a mini Club Class suite or a full suite. 

I know that the Pacific Princess Club Class is different as the dining room is so much smaller and there isn't any Anytime Dining. We love the small ships and have been on them many times, so we thought that the Club Class would be in that small section on the left as you walk into the dining room. 

Your post has helped us with many of our questions.  We have been booked in for 7.15pm dining. I am not sure if that is late dining or perhaps we will be allowed to dine at that time anyhow.  Whatever, it will be a wonderful 24 days from Sydney to Tokyo and we are so looking forward to it after this horrible year of not being able to go anywhere. I know it is a long way off but time does go by very quickly.

Jennie

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aussie Gal said:

Thanks for your posting of Club Class on the Pacific.  We are booked on her for March, 2022, a long way off but that is due to the dreaded Corona Virus.

We love Club Class and since it was first offered way back in 2017 on the Emerald Princess we have always booked either a mini Club Class suite or a full suite. 

I know that the Pacific Princess Club Class is different as the dining room is so much smaller and there isn't any Anytime Dining. We love the small ships and have been on them many times, so we thought that the Club Class would be in that small section on the left as you walk into the dining room. 

Your post has helped us with many of our questions.  We have been booked in for 7.15pm dining. I am not sure if that is late dining or perhaps we will be allowed to dine at that time anyhow.  Whatever, it will be a wonderful 24 days from Sydney to Tokyo and we are so looking forward to it after this horrible year of not being able to go anywhere. I know it is a long way off but time does go by very quickly.

Jennie

Hi Jennie, we are also booked in for the 7.15pm dining. It will be interesting how this Club Class works on the gorgeous Pacific Princess.  We certainly do hope the world is a lot more settled and we are able to cruise on this fantastic class of ship in March 2022. 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

Hi Jennie, we are also booked in for the 7.15pm dining. It will be interesting how this Club Class works on the gorgeous Pacific Princess.  We certainly do hope the world is a lot more settled and we are able to cruise on this fantastic class of ship in March 2022. 🙂 

Come join the roll call

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2760662-march-26-2022-sydney-tokyo-and-march-282022-brisbane-tokyo/page/1/