Currently on the Westerdam

jmkennett

Currently on the Westerdam for a 12 night, Civitavecchia to Barcelona. If anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer. I'll attempt to post some pics of the updated public areas as well. I'll review later. Only day two, but in ports the first four days, so may take a little bit to respond.

Currently on the Westerdam for a 12 night, Civitavecchia to Barcelona. If anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer. I'll attempt to post some pics of the updated public areas as well. I'll review later. Only day two, but in ports the first four days, so may take a little bit to respond.

Ho is the norovirus going, still in code red or orange?

We will be in Stateroom 5140 and are wondering if it has a coffee maker and if a shower matt is included?

Thx

Scheduled for the MS Westerdam April 12th to Hawaii and return to Vancouver BC

Ho is the norovirus going, still in code red or orange?

Noro seems to be over. Self serve is available in a lot of the Lido. You could tell on day one that things weren't right. Cabins missing things like robes, some the magazine type books, etc. Thise showed up the next day.

Noro seems to be over. Self serve is available in a lot of the Lido. You could tell on day one that things weren't right. Cabins missing things like robes, some the magazine type books, etc. Thise showed up the next day.

thats the good news, enjoy the great itinerary and whyle on shore dont forget to have launch on those littile restorants with typical food :cool:

A couple of quick questions for planning purposes (Sep 8th)

1. How did boarding go in Civitavecchia?

2. What time was the lifeboat drill?

3. What were dinner times that evening?

Thanks in advance.

A couple of quick questions for planning purposes (Sep 8th)

1. How did boarding go in Civitavecchia?

2. What time was the lifeboat drill?

3. What were dinner times that evening?

Thanks in advance.

Boarding in Civitavecchia was not bad. They are building a new terminal, so we were in what seemed like a temp structure. We took the ship transfer from Rome, which was not really convenient. In hindsight, I would do a Rome Cabs transfer. We stayed at the Marriott Grand Flora on the Via Veneto. The ship transfer was from an NH Hotel out past the Vatican. Ridiculous location and not central at all. Plus, the bus was an hour late for the pickup.

Once at the terminal, the usual line were present. Took about 30 minutes from entrance to getting on the ship. Fairly long walk to the ship. Outside, over to it, then half the length of the ship walk.

Lifeboat drill was at 4:45. Sailed at 6:00. Took about 15 min. No life jackets required!

I'm on late seating and it is at 8:15. Early, I think is at 5:45. I'll double check. Currently, on a train from Cannes back to the ship in St. Raphael.

I will also say the Lido times are not great and this should change on late nights in ports. In Monoco last night until 11PM. Got back at 9:00. Lido closed at 8:30. Only thing available was pizza and some pasta or room service. They opened it again at 10:30 for the late night food. Just keep the darn thing open on these types of nights. Most other lines do. That was annoying.

Boarding in Civitavecchia was not bad. They are building a new terminal, so we were in what seemed like a temp structure. We took the ship transfer from Rome, which was not really convenient. In hindsight, I would do a Rome Cabs transfer. We stayed at the Marriott Grand Flora on the Via Veneto. The ship transfer was from an NH Hotel out past the Vatican. Ridiculous location and not central at all. Plus, the bus was an hour late for the pickup.

Once at the terminal, the usual line were present. Took about 30 minutes from entrance to getting on the ship. Fairly long walk to the ship. Outside, over to it, then half the length of the ship walk.

Lifeboat drill was at 4:45. Sailed at 6:00. Took about 15 min. No life jackets required!

I'm on late seating and it is at 8:15. Early, I think is at 5:45. I'll double check. Currently, on a train from Cannes back to the ship in St. Raphael.

I will also say the Lido times are not great and this should change on late nights in ports. In Monoco last night until 11PM. Got back at 9:00. Lido closed at 8:30. Only thing available was pizza and some pasta or room service. They opened it again at 10:30 for the late night food. Just keep the darn thing open on these types of nights. Most other lines do. That was annoying.

Thanks, a big help for me for September.

What time did you arrive at Civitavecchia?

We will be in Stateroom 5140 and are wondering if it has a coffee maker and if a shower matt is included?

Thx

Scheduled for the MS Westerdam April 12th to Hawaii and return to Vancouver BC

Only suites have the coffee machines. II believe all staterooms have bath mats in them if not just ask your Steward

I'm putting together a mini review and I'll post it later. The cruise has been mostly great. There are a few issues I will share. Ports have been wonderful. I can give some advice on those if anyone needs some info. So far, Livorno, Monte Carlo, St. Raphael, and Ajaccio.

I have a few questions to answer yet and I will research your questions. In the meantime, here are a few pics on my next couple of posts. Let me know if they don't look ok. Have never posted pics on CC.

HAL internet is not cooperating for pic upload. Stay tuned!

No worries - we'll wait :)

I know exactly how the internet can not co-operate for pic uploads ;)