Prestige Bev Package

Chris86

Hi!

Im cruising next month. We choose obc as our olife perk. We have friends joining who have bought the prestige bev package. Now we dont overly drink however since we suspect our friends visiting the bar more often than our usual. Perhaps we should look into it. The first half of the cruise is port intensive and I dont see the value in having it those days. However can we buy it mid cruise for the remainder of the trip?

Hi!

The first half of the cruise is port intensive and I dont see the value in having it those days. However can we buy it mid cruise for the remainder of the trip?

Yes

once you buy it it will be for the remainder of the cruise

We think that the Prestige Package is worth it - even on port days. The thimble size drinks on Oceania are very weak. In order to have a decent brand of alcohol and a double pour (which is a normal pour in most restaurants and lounges in the U.S.) plus the 18% is really expensive. While the Prestige Package isn't inexpensive, you are not paying 18% on top of the drink cost, are not signing for anything and can order almost anything that you want (including most upper end spirits).

We think that the Prestige Package is worth it - even on port days. The thimble size drinks on Oceania are very weak. In order to have a decent brand of alcohol and a double pour (which is a normal pour in most restaurants and lounges in the U.S.) plus the 18% is really expensive. While the Prestige Package isn't inexpensive, you are not paying 18% on top of the drink cost, are not signing for anything and can order almost anything that you want (including most upper end spirits).

Appreciate what you are saying but it dosnt work for us on port days. Our typical consumption on port day would be a cocktail at happy hour and perhaps a beer or wine at dinner.

Sea days are different and O have many yummy cocktails and speciality coffee I will want to try :)

Appreciate what you are saying but it dosnt work for us on port days. Our typical consumption on port day would be a cocktail at happy hour and perhaps a beer or wine at dinner.

Sea days are different and O have many yummy cocktails and speciality coffee I will want to try :)

I notice that you are from Australia (love it there). The issue that we have with drinks on Oceania (besides for the minuscule pour) is the price of premium alcohol. However, if that is all you will be drinking, and assuming that your very weak happy hour drink is satisfactory, there is to purchase the package!

I notice that you are from Australia (love it there). The issue that we have with drinks on Oceania (besides for the minuscule pour) is the price of premium alcohol. However, if that is all you will be drinking, and assuming that your very weak happy hour drink is satisfactory, there is to purchase the package!

Thank-you. Yes its very beautiful down here. My partner is American so visiting family before sailing. Happy hour will be fine for the port intensive start to the sailing. (Also includes an overnight and we will be off ship as much as possible). So really no need for the package for those days. But I'm very happy we can purchase it from day 5 (when we have more time at sea than ports) for the remainder of the cruise.

Not long now. All smiles here

Oh and can individuals buy it or the entire room?

Yes you can individually choose whatever beverage package you want by person, however, if using the standard bev package as your OLife Choice, you both have to make that choice since that benefit must be uniform for the stateroom.

As for the drinks, they use a standard 1.5oz jigger for main spirits and .75 or so for any cordial/aperitif mixers and secondary spirits. Same for a dram of scotch, cognac, brandy etc., it is a single shot and is barely a finger in a scotch glass. It is definitely on the light side compared to American pours so keep that in mind.

If you ask for a double, which is closer to a typical American high-end restaurant pour you are looking at $20+. If you ask for a specific drink not on the menu that may have 1 shot of something and another shot of something else you are looking at a $20 drink. They have 2 for 1s (happy hour before dinner or in Horizons lounge after the show) often to offset this however.

As for premium spirits vs. non-premium, I never noticed if there was a difference in price being on the premium package, it was always top-shelf spirits and a great selection of scotch and cognac.

If you drink more than 4-5 1.5oz drinks a day, the premium bev package is well worth it imo, and also, gratuity is included so no added charge at the end of the cruise!

That is great news. I will clarify with them on boarding day. I assume you can purchase this from any bar tender?

I think you get it at reception because they issue you new cards showing you have the package

"The thimble size drinks on Oceania are very weak." I will most definitely remember that when we decide to upgrade our beverage package and thank you for an honest assessment.

I think it may depend on your alcohol tolerance level

we do not find the drinks very weak

Or thimble size

YMMV though

I think it may depend on your alcohol tolerance level

we do not find the drinks very weak

Or thimble size

YMMV though

+1

We live a major metropolitan area (NYC), and find Oceania's cocktails to be precisely in line with what we pay at home.

Yes you can individually choose whatever beverage package you want by person, however, if using the standard bev package as your OLife Choice, you both have to make that choice since that benefit must be uniform for the stateroom.

Are you sure both have to upgrade? I understand that in the OLife, both must take the same perk. However when I sailed the Marina in 2014 I was able to upgrade the liquor package on the ship while my wife didn't.

I noticed that people that didn't have the upgraded package had their liquor measured. Those with the package had generous free pours. But that was then and this is now.

Are you sure both have to upgrade? I understand that in the OLife, both must take the same perk.

I did not read it as having to both do the upgrade

IT GUY said to take the same O Life perk

Edited by LHT28

Our plan for happy hour is to just order an included non alcoholic drink. Club soda with lime if very nice :) which we have done in the past. Then there are others like a Nojito, Virgin Mary, etc. You might do that before you purchase the package. Wine at dinner can be carryon with corkage fee. Love the options that O provides.

What I like best about the Prestige Package is the freedom to drink whatever you want when you want without mentally adding up the cost. AND not having to sign for the drinks. Just give the room key to the waiter and that's it. You can buy the Prestige package any time from Reception for the remainder of the cruise. And I found the drinks to be totally normal size. We went a few times to Martinis and the drink came in a little carafe so we could have more as we wanted it. (Head Bartender did say though that the "Happy Hour" specials don't come that way.