1st time on Celebrity Solstice, Should we join the Captains Club ??????????

portcbob

Doing a 12 nighter on the Solstice to New Zealand in January next year being our 1st time with Celebrity. I have just read about the Captains Club. Is it wise to join it before our cruise and for what advantage.

Regards Bob.

Doing a 12 nighter on the Solstice to New Zealand in January next year being our 1st time with Celebrity. I have just read about the Captains Club. Is it wise to join it before our cruise and for what advantage.

Regards Bob.

Absolutely no reason not to join, it's free so nothing to lose. Benefits are on the website and get better with more cruises.

Absolutely no reason not to join, it's free so nothing to lose. Benefits are on the website and get better with more cruises.

Agree with this advice. It costs you nothing and over time can yield get benefits. As a member you will receive special offers both on and off the ship. I would think it very, very rare to find a cruiser who did not belong.

Yes, it is worthwhile joining as there is no cost. Whether or not you plan to cruise again on Celebrity, it is worth collecting the Captain's Club points which will give you "extra's" such as free scoop of gelato, laundry discounts, etc. While you won't reap the benefits of the Captain's Club until your second cruise, you will be set up and qualify for a one category upgrade of your cabin when you book your next cruise. Each person in your group should sign up as the points are earned by each person, not by cabin.

Enjoy your cruise!

Obviously the advice is to join, but I think part of your original question was to do it before, or onboard and you can see there is no extra benefit to join before If you wait, just be sure to join before you visit the future cruise desk so you can get your upgrade when you book your next cruise! I'd suggest you join before and put your CC# into your reservation. That way everyone will know you're a member any you'll already have it out of the way when you get onboard. Have fun!

Regards Bob.

I agree with the others, yes definately join the Captains Club, one of the other benefits is some of the levels reached on the Captains Club are recognised on the groups other 2 lines Royal Caribbean and Azamara loyalty programs. (alas, unless I win the lotto I doubt I will get to sail on Azamara) I have seen a chart that shows how the recognition works but can't find it right now.

Regards Bob.

Hi Bob,

We are also cruising on Solstice for the 1st time next month and have just recently joined the Captains Club. It was very easy to do and the person I spoke too said that 10 days after our cruise the points will show up.:)

Hi guys.

Just tried to join on line and couldn't do it. It wouldn't go through.

I think I will join when I first board, is that the way to go?????

We have cruised twice with Royal, so how does this work??????

Sorry for all the questions.

Regards Bob.

Hi guys.

Regards Bob.

Hi Bob,

Phone the Captains Club directly, number is 1-800-760-0654. Open 8am to 2000 Eastern standard time. This was the number given when we called the website technical assistance since we had troubles too. Hope it helps😊

Hi guys.

Regards Bob.

I believe that if you are already signed up with the RCL loyalty club (sorry -

I don't know what it is called), you can simply give your information to the Captain's Club representative and that will give you access to the Celebrity Captain's Club perks for this cruise.

Your status with RCL does carry over to Celebrity as there is reciprocal treatment by the sister companies. You might want to ask whether you also qualify for the one category upgrade. If so, you might be able to upgrade your cabin or get a fare adjustment.