Change after final payment question

Only $500 total or $500 per person...just curious?

It came out to 550 total not per person. Went from a cat X guarantee oceanview balcony to W cat. on harmony. When I called the price dropped a few days before the JS went on the gone gone sale. I think that's why they agreed to do it. Initially they said no but they talked to "revenue " and they let me do it. :)

So my wife got home from work and we were actually able to discuss face to face and decided to call them back on speaker phone and speak with someone to make sure that price was correct and everything was on the up and up... well low and behold... yet ANOTHER different story/price. The difference this time was the woman was extremely nice and we could understand and trust everything she was telling us. The best she could find was a D7 ocean view balcony for an additional $480... not worth it to us. I think the $18 increase was incorrect to begin with... that was coming from the same guy who told me I would get a refund for the price difference after final payment...

I did get clarification from her that RC only looks at an upgrade as an increase in price of what we originally paid not a better category... I figured an ocean view balcony was considered an upgrade from a central park balcony but they don't see it that way.

IMO if you wanted to do the Central Park Balcony to try something new there's nothing wrong with not upgrading to an ocean view balcony, even if it is only $18.

However, I don't believe you have been given correct information r.e. the upgrade. If you paid, for example, $1,000 for the central park balcony and ocean view balconies were $1,200 but now ocean view balconies are $1,000 or less, I believe you are eligible for a "complimentary" upgrade.

I'm glad you didn't lose any reservations:) I tried to get someone who would agree to keep our reservations, but since no one would, I gave up. It may have to do with our TA being from a big box store. Apparently they put us in a group (unbeknownst to us) after we transferred our on board booking to them. Live and learn......

Happy for you that you were able to upgrade! Enjoy your JS cabin...especially the bathroom. That's what I was looking forward to most.

Our TA is also from a big box store and we are also part of a group booking(I knew that at the time we booked). Why would being part of a group jeopardize show reservations if a cabin change was made? The TA did not book any reservations for us...I made all of ours on my own.

Maybe they'll give the OP some nonrefundable fare OBC. :D

Good luck with that.

We did a cruise in Fall 14 with 4 of us. We had booked one Jr Suite, and one Balcony nearby.

About 30 days out, they had a massive sale, and also a Royal Family Suite became available (aft corner on Grandeur). With the sale, the RFS would be significantly less than we were paying for the two cabins, so we switched.

NO refund, I can live with that. but I could not even squeeze $100 in OBC for a booking that should have been about $2000 less than we paid.

Good luck with that.

We did a cruise in Fall 14 with 4 of us. We had booked one Jr Suite, and one Balcony nearby.

About 30 days out, they had a massive sale, and also a Royal Family Suite became available (aft corner on Grandeur). With the sale, the RFS would be significantly less than we were paying for the two cabins, so we switched.

NO refund, I can live with that. but I could not even squeeze $100 in OBC for a booking that should have been about $2000 less than we paid.

She wasn't being serious.

IMO if you wanted to do the Central Park Balcony to try something new there's nothing wrong with not upgrading to an ocean view balcony, even if it is only $18.

However, I don't believe you have been given correct information r.e. the upgrade. If you paid, for example, $1,000 for the central park balcony and ocean view balconies were $1,200 but now ocean view balconies are $1,000 or less, I believe you are eligible for a "complimentary" upgrade.

We paid $2280.99 for 2 adults and a child with gratuities and trip insurance for a C1 Central Park Balcony. The price right now for a category X Ocean view balcony guarantee is $2167.34

They said since the price for the ocean view isn't higher than what we originally paid that it wasn't considered an upgrade... I call BS but after 5 phone calls and 5 different stories/answers I think we will just stick with what we have.

So my wife got home from work and we were actually able to discuss face to face and decided to call them back on speaker phone and speak with someone to make sure that price was correct and everything was on the up and up... well low and behold... yet ANOTHER different story/price. The difference this time was the woman was extremely nice and we could understand and trust everything she was telling us. The best she could find was a D7 ocean view balcony for an additional $480... not worth it to us. I think the $18 increase was incorrect to begin with... that was coming from the same guy who told me I would get a refund for the price difference after final payment...

I did get clarification from her that RC only looks at an upgrade as an increase in price of what we originally paid not a better category... I figured an ocean view balcony was considered an upgrade from a central park balcony but they don't see it that way.

go on the website and look for cabins that you could upgrade to. You need to be comparing basic cruise cost without ins and grats

Edited by cruisinfanatic

We paid $2280.99 for 2 adults and a child with gratuities and trip insurance for a C1 Central Park Balcony. The price right now for a category X Ocean view balcony guarantee is $2167.34

They said since the price for the ocean view isn't higher than what we originally paid that it wasn't considered an upgrade... I call BS but after 5 phone calls and 5 different stories/answers I think we will just stick with what we have.

If the price you paid for the guarantee includes gratuities and trip insurance you're not comparing apples to apples. If you paid (to use my previous made up figures) $1,000 for the C1 STATEROOM while the price for the ocean view STATEROOM is now $1,100, you're not eligible for a complimentary upgrade.

what date?

.. I call BS but after 5 phone calls and 5 different stories/answers I think we will just stick with what we have.

It may take another 5 calls but what you are asking for has been done before. It all comes down to if you want to invest the time in calls and the hope you get a good location on the X GTY assignment.

I have a similar situation where I'd like to change and wondering since I booked thru a TA do I have make the call to the TA or can I go directly to RCCL? thanks in advance.

You would have to go through the TA to change staterooms.