Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

Quantum can use the same dry dock in China that Ovation used in May.

A number of folks here assumed the same thing for Mariner, yet, she's going to Freeport for her dry dock. If Quantum were staying, using a "local" dry dock might make sense, but since I don't see 3 Quantum class ships in Asia (yet) and Quantum is the most likely to leave, her dry dock could be elsewhere.

A number of folks here assumed the same thing for Mariner, yet, she's going to Freeport for her dry dock. If Quantum were staying, using a "local" dry dock might make sense, but since I don't see 3 Quantum class ships in Asia (yet) and Quantum is the most likely to leave, her dry dock could be elsewhere.

True point.

The part I don't understand is this year Royal have cut some China cruises on Ovation, Voyager and Mariner to sail from Singapore. Also Legend of the Seas has left the fleet and done no China cruises in 2017.

So what will happen to Voyager and Quantum if this trend continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what will happen to Voyager and Quantum if this trend continues.

Go where the money is. This is where RCI's strategy of having fairly late (compared to other lines) release of 2019 itineraries helps - they have another 6 months to see the booking trends and decide where to put their ships.

Have you any Idea why?

We love the Quantum class, but not too happy to travel to Asia :(

They want to attract Chinese with brand new and modern ship to expect earn a maximum

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They want to attract Chinese with brand new and modern ship to expect earn a maximum

I also think the high passenger count make them want to send it to Asia to get the most from the gambling crowd.

So is it a safe bet that Anthem of the Seas will still be doing Canada/New England in summer of 2019?

As safe as we can know this far in advance. However, you really never know what Royal is going to do until they release the new itineraries. Even then, things can change.

I'm anxiously awaiting as our next "big" cruise will be 2019-2020. It always seems I'm ready to book long before the itineraries are released.

For what it's worth, it does seem like the China market is not as strong (or maybe it is over saturated?) as some originally predicted. We sailed on the Majestic Princess (I know, not RCI), this summer in the Med. It was purpose built specifically for the Asian market and debuted this spring with about 6 Med cruises before heading to China. Right before we left in May, 3 weeks after the ship was released from the shipyard, they already were moving itineraries for next year from China to Australia. That might give RCI pause for how many ships they have in the market for 2019-2020? Or potentially Princess is losing out and RCI is gaining ground. Who knows, I guess we'll find out for sure in about 6-7 months.