generic excursions on website?

39august

On RCI I can find all excursions that are ever offered, not just those specific to my particular cruise. Is there any way to do this on Celebrity, please? I am asking as very few options currently show up for my cruises in Sept. 2018 and Feb. 2019. None show for the ports I am interested in. But I would like to see what excursions are being currently offered for those ports. Example, Cartegena.

I have had a similar problem with "generic" descriptions even on the particular page for my booking on Constellation on 19 Dec. For example, we have one port where we don't dock until noon and are there until later in the evening. It will be a new country so there will be some time of immigration process I expect. However, our shore tour listing includes a tour that travels around quite a bit and THEN stops for lunch at the resort. What's even worse is that I looked up info on a couple of the historical sights to be visited that are about 2 hour drive away from port but they close at 4 or 5 pm. There is no way this description works for our cruise. I called Celebrity but the agent could not provide an answer so I was told to email RCCL shore tours office. That as over a month ago and still no answer from them. We've gotten so disgusted with them we've decided to take none of their tours.

I would like to put in my two cents regarding Cartagena. I am not an adventurous traveler by any stretch of the imagination, but I did my research ahead of time and decided to venture out on my own (with DH) via a taxi right at the dock. Was I a little apprehensive? Yes, i confess I was. Had an absolutely wonderful time and I highly recommend it. Would never venture off the beaten path in Columbia, but going into the walled city is very safe - they have security everywhere. Tourism is very important to that city and they work very hard to make sure the tourists are well-cared for.

I agree with Phoenix dream, we too took a taxi from the port to the walled city and had a very nice day. While we were sitting in the park resting we met 3 people (not together) who moved from the US to Cartagena and loved it. One a former NYPD officer had been there 15 years others 5-7 years, all were retired and said they wouldn't move back to the US.

We never felt unsafe.