What's up with all these ads

I don't mind a couple on a page but I was getting so many of these downloading I was unable to scroll or switch to the next page.

That's how I was. I could not even scroll past the ads, it was very annoying. Try the ad ware blocker and let us know how it works for you.

This website is free for our use. They pay for it with the ads. They don't bother me at all. I ignore them.

Sadly, it's not about just ignoring them- they interrupt both reading and typing, and makes it almost impossible to use the page.

It's been noted before, and suggested to the owner to contact the ad agency to stop them from such intrusive ads. But they have gotten worse, instead.

Sadly, it's not about just ignoring them- they interrupt both reading and typing, and makes it almost impossible to use the page.

It's been noted before, and suggested to the owner to contact the ad agency to stop them from such intrusive ads. But they have gotten worse, instead.

Just install an ad blocker. Most are free and easy to use. You can have it block ads on some sites and give permission for ads on other sites that require ads to use site.

It was so bad for me that I thought I had a virus, I could not type either, or the words were a delayed reaction. Also the noise from the ads was awful, I could not even mute them. The ad blocker is amazing.

It was so bad for me that I thought I had a virus, I could not type either, or the words were a delayed reaction. Also the noise from the ads was awful, I could not even mute them. The ad blocker is amazing.

THAT is really annoying me. The fact that the adds are slowing everything down is bad enough but I totally dislike the intrusive noise pollution.

This has been happening to me over the last week, and like you thought it was a virus. I was planning to take it to Staples and get a tune-up. I've got Kingsford PC Doctor and sometimes it indicates my CPU at 60-70%. Don't know if it's the ads, but I'll download the ad blocker.

There used to be that one video ad that had Samuel Jackson talking.

It would automatically start playing the same add twice on different spots on the page a few seconds apart.

When you would scroll up to stop it, it would stop on its own.

When you scroll back down it would start again....

THAT is really annoying me. The fact that the adds are slowing everything down is bad enough but I totally dislike the intrusive noise pollution.

I noticed this as well (the audio noise from the video ads) and it was REALLY aggravating. I do not mind the non-audio ads because I realize that this is a free forum/web site and advertising is how they keep it alive but the noise was intolerable. Interestingly, after I installed Adblock Plus and subsequently disabled it to try and capture a URL for LauraS to investigate, the audio ads seemed to stop. :confused:

I noticed this as well (the audio noise from the video ads) and it was REALLY aggravating. I do not mind the non-audio ads because I realize that this is a free forum/web site and advertising is how they keep it alive but the noise was intolerable. Interestingly, after I installed Adblock Plus and subsequently disabled it to try and capture a URL for LauraS to investigate, the audio ads seemed to stop. :confused:

I was just in the kitchen and heard voices coming from the den. I was trying to figure out who had just come home only to realize it was one of the audio add playing.

I was just in the kitchen and heard voices coming from the den. I was trying to figure out who had just come home only to realize it was one of the audio add playing.

If you can capture the URL of one of those ads, Laura would like to have it so she can investigate. She asked for this over on the Carnival forum so it may not have been something she communicated here.