Rci app

On 7/28/2022 at 2:44 PM, soremekun said:

App updated to version 1.35.1 for Android.

And with the new update I can't load it onto my ONN Android tablet although I could upload it to my old one.  Also won't upload and Samsung Galaxy tablets and also Dan's old Nexus tablet which did have it on there😇

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

And with the new update I can't load it onto my ONN Android tablet although I could upload it to my old one.  Also won't upload and Samsung Galaxy tablets and also Dan's old Nexus tablet which did have it on there😇

Wow!  I just checked and it's now no longer compatible with my tablet.

Screenshot_20220809-072913.jpg

1 minute ago, soremekun said:

Wow!  I just checked and it's now no longer compatible with my tablet.

Screenshot_20220809-072913.jpg

Yup that's what I get on Dan's old Nexus and my old ONN that both had the app in previously.  Another Royal "enhancement"  Not so much😇

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yup that's what I get on Dan's old Nexus and my old ONN that both had the app in previously.  Another Royal "enhancement"  Not so much😇

I have an Asus ZenPad 3S 10 running Android 7.0.  I wonder if they've updated the list of old Android OS versions they're no longer going to support.

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I too am unable to load the new version of the app on my Lenovo tablet however, I can update the app on my phone. I usually bring my tablet for my husband who has vision issues and has problems reading on a cellphone. November will be our first Royal cruise post-Covid. We'll be on the Brilliance. We cruised last month on Celebrity and he was able to view the main dining room menus on the tablet plus we were given paper menus. Will we be given paper copies of the menus in the main dining room or is viewing menus strictly on the app? 

Edited by CruisinNole

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't find anywhere to update the app, so I thought I'd uninstall it on my tablet and download the newer version app.  Now I can't even find the official RC app in the Google Play Store.  The only "official" RC app I found was in Korean.  Fortunately, I didn't uninstall the one on my phone, but that one has not updated and I can't find anywhere to install the update. 

We sail tomorrow on Enchantment and I got an e-mail telling me to complete the health survey on the app.  Well, I can't find the survey, and the app just keeps spinning and won't let me in to the check in section.  Please, please RC, hire some IT people who know what they're doing!  Every time you "improve" something it turns into a can of worms!

13 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

Couldn't find anywhere to update the app, so I thought I'd uninstall it on my tablet and download the newer version app.  Now I can't even find the official RC app in the Google Play Store.  The only "official" RC app I found was in Korean.  Fortunately, I didn't uninstall the one on my phone, but that one has not updated and I can't find anywhere to install the update. 

We sail tomorrow on Enchantment and I got an e-mail telling me to complete the health survey on the app.  Well, I can't find the survey, and the app just keeps spinning and won't let me in to the check in section.  Please, please RC, hire some IT people who know what they're doing!  Every time you "improve" something it turns into a can of worms!

I updated yesterday. The app is working fine for me. I also just did a search in the Google Play Store and the app came right up to download. I simply typed in "Royal Caribbean app".

35 minutes ago, Janet524 said:

Couldn't find anywhere to update the app, so I thought I'd uninstall it on my tablet and download the newer version app. 

With the latest updates, RCI limited the kind of device the app supports and your tablet is likely not on the list. The update for your phone is available in the Pay/App store or look in the settings of your phone.

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2022 at 8:15 AM, Biker19 said:

iOS version also updated to 1.36.0

Are you having any problems with your iPhone or IPad since updating?

BTW:  I really enjoy your contributions to this forum.  Very much appreciated.