RCCL No-refund Deposit Rule Penalizes Suite Cruisers

jamesh6

It's still a crappy policy. I book suites AND I sail in them, I don't hoard. For those of you who think this is a good idea--fine, everyone has their opinion. Go ahead, accept this lousy policy now, I'm sure you will find your limit, eventually, when RCCL targets something that is important to YOU. FYI, just because someone books a full suite doesn't mean they have lots of money, there is something called saving for a trip.

It's still a crappy policy. I book suites AND I sail in them, I don't hoard. For those of you who think this is a good idea--fine, everyone has their opinion. Go ahead, accept this lousy policy now, I'm sure you will find your limit, eventually, when RCCL targets something that is important to YOU. FYI, just because someone books a full suite doesn't mean they have lots of money, there is something called saving for a trip.

Apparently you left RCI back in June, so why are you still posting here? We get it, you think this is horrible. It is great to have choices. You are free to book other lines, nobody is forcing your hand. If you book what you want and don't "hoard" then it really should not matter whether it is refundable or not.

In the end, it all comes down to a business decision. RCI felt they were loosing too much money from people holding onto suites and then releasing them right before final, making them highly discount some of the most lucrative rooms they have. There are many people that want to plan out a vacation (especially an expensive one) long in advance, and those people probably went to other lines because they were not able to book what they wanted.

RCI made their choice, now you can make yours (which you did back in June according to your post).

Apparently you left RCI back in June, so why are you still posting here? We get it, you think this is horrible. It is great to have choices. You are free to book other lines, nobody is forcing your hand. If you book what you want and don't "hoard" then it really should not matter whether it is refundable or not.

In the end, it all comes down to a business decision. RCI felt they were loosing too much money from people holding onto suites and then releasing them right before final, making them highly discount some of the most lucrative rooms they have. There are many people that want to plan out a vacation (especially an expensive one) long in advance, and those people probably went to other lines because they were not able to book what they wanted.

RCI made their choice, now you can make yours (which you did back in June according to your post).

Well said!

Well, it seems I'm stuck with three more RCCL cruises, because those outrageous deposits are all non-refundable! But there's a silver lining, I'll have Diamond Plus in the end, then I can cruise the cheap rooms and have the benefits, too, when and if I feel like returning to RCCL!

I recently returned from a Holland cruise that was absolutely wonderful. HAL gets it right in all the places that RCCL doesn't. No outrageous, overpriced deposits when booking onboard for future cruises, all 100% refundable and FOUR years to use them! HAL surpasses RCCL in other ways, too: a much more stringent smoking policy, better food, superior controlled food handling measures (less chance of a nasty stomach bug outbreak) to name a few.

So, thanks for your concern, but I'll keep posting on this site as needed, somebody has to represent the non-RCCL brainwashed cruisers. Have a good day.

Explain how this is a crappy policy if you use the booking? You end up paying less when final payment is due.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I recently returned from a Holland cruise that was absolutely wonderful. HAL gets it right in all the places that RCCL doesn't. No outrageous, overpriced deposits when booking onboard for future cruises, all 100% refundable and FOUR years to use them! HAL surpasses RCCL in other ways, too: a much more stringent smoking policy, better food, superior controlled food handling measures (less chance of a nasty stomach bug outbreak) to name a few.

So, thanks for your concern, but I'll keep posting on this site as needed, somebody has to represent the non-RCCL brainwashed cruisers. Have a good day.

HAL may have changed, but when I went 7 years ago the Neptune lounge closed quite early (I think 8 pm). They didn't offer many benefits either for choosing a Neptune suite. Of course that may have changed.

Explain how this is a crappy policy if you use the booking? You end up paying less when final payment is due.

It is different, so it has to be bad, didn't you know? So bad that he quit sailing rci completely (well other than the three more cruises he then went and booked).

Just an internet troll, nothing to see here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

Well, it seems I'm stuck with three more RCCL cruises, because those outrageous deposits are all non-refundable!

Your suite deposits are non-refundable only if you booked them after the introduction of NR deposits. If the policy is prohibitive, why did you book 3 cruises with that? If you booked prior to the change a few months back you can cancel and get a full refund provided you are not past final payment.

Your suite deposits are non-refundable only if you booked them after the introduction of NR deposits. If the policy is prohibitive, why did you book 3 cruises with that? If you booked prior to the change a few months back you can cancel and get a full refund provided you are not past final payment.

To logical for some.

It’s a superb policy since it makes it much more likely I can book what I want without issues being caused by people that deny me that ability out of what frankly is selfishness. I’d like to see the penalty be higher.

Me too.

Prohibit place marker and backup cruises. Make all TA/TP deposits triple and NRD all cabins.

Also, for highly sought out cabins, like many aft JS, triple deposit and make NRD.

Well the policy is blatantly discriminatory, and I love that it is. It's obscene that you sometimes can't book a suite because some low-life who has no firm intention of going on the cruise has booked them out. A 25% non-refundable deposit would work for me; and if you really can't go then that's what travel insurance is for.

Well the policy is blatantly discriminatory, and I love that it is. It's obscene that you sometimes can't book a suite because some low-life who has no firm intention of going on the cruise has booked them out. A 25% non-refundable deposit would work for me; and if you really can't go then that's what travel insurance is for.

I totally agree!

We've sailed 3 times since the policy change, and I honestly love it. Book a JS as we normally do, and getting a good price on an upgrade is pretty easy. Went from a JS to a GS on a recent Anthem cruise, because they were lightly booked. Got upgraded to a GS on an upcoming Adventure cruise, and expect to do the same two months later on the same ship. The policy fit right into our booking strategy. Especially since you can change to a non-refundable deposit up to a day before final payment- when the deposit isn't refundable anyway.