Cruise fare adjustments???

jula55

Today I went to the cruise website where I booked my cruise back in March. Today's rate was significantly lower. Since we booked a back to back with this company it actually affects me and my husband 4 times. We also invited another couple to join us so we are now affected 8 times. The cruise leaves in July 2018.

In the past, when there was a price reduction prior to sailing we were given the lower rate. However that was a while ago. Certainly cruising has changed quite a bit. Just wondering how you might handle this if it were you.

Thank you for any thoughts and opinions you might share.

Today I went to the cruise website where I booked my cruise back in March. Today's rate was significantly lower. Since we booked a back to back with this company it actually affects me and my husband 4 times. We also invited another couple to join us so we are now affected 8 times. The cruise leaves in July 2018. In the past, when there was a price reduction prior to sailing we were given the lower rate. However that was a while ago. Certainly cruising has changed quite a bit. Just wondering how you might handle this if it were you. Thank you for any thoughts and opinions you might share.

If you booked through any TA, online or otherwise, you must contact them to try to get the fare reduction for you. Most cruise lines will not discuss it with you directly, as a price reduction also affects the TA's commission. We've always been successful, though be sure to ask if the rebooking will affect any perks (drink package, etc.) that you had on your original booking. If you'll lose your perks, then you need to figure whether the new price leaves you better off or not.

In this same vein, if we book a cruise via an online TA, not the actual cruise line, if there's a price drop do we contact the agency we booked thru or the actual cruise line?

If you booked through a TA, the cruise line cannot and will not talk to you. You will have to go through the TA.

Today I went to the cruise website where I booked my cruise back in March. Today's rate was significantly lower. Since we booked a back to back with this company it actually affects me and my husband 4 times. We also invited another couple to join us so we are now affected 8 times. The cruise leaves in July 2018.

In the past, when there was a price reduction prior to sailing we were given the lower rate. However that was a while ago. Certainly cruising has changed quite a bit. Just wondering how you might handle this if it were you.

Thank you for any thoughts and opinions you might share.

July 2018 is pretty far out at this point so you may be able to get the lower price. You said "cruise website" so that depends on if it is an independent booking site or the cruise line itself. If it was some fare discount site for several cruise lines you'll have to call their customer service rep as they are your "travel agent". If you booked directly with the cruise line through their company web site then call them.

But before you get angry check if this lower rate comes with restrictions - like a category guarantee but you've already picked your exact cabin. Cancelling and rebooking means that your old cabin (plus the other couple's cabin) goes into inventory where anybody can jump on it. You would than have to take whatever the cruise line gives you. You can be on one deck and your friends on another deck and at the opposite end of the ship. Lower price often means less choice.

There are still cabins available that are comparable to our current accommodation and to be honest there wasn't any great perk that went along with our booking. I will look at it again and then contact the agent. I feel like it doesn't hurt to ask. Sure would be great if they would just make an adjustment to our current booking.

Thank you for your input.

There are still cabins available that are comparable to our current accommodation and to be honest there wasn't any great perk that went along with our booking. I will look at it again and then contact the agent. I feel like it doesn't hurt to ask. Sure would be great if they would just make an adjustment to our current booking. Thank you for your input.