night light

cameljockey

I didn't see any sort of night light on the Solstice. I brought a book light to read in bed. I don't like sleeping in hotel rooms that are pitch black. On land, I bring one of those "glowing green" rectangles to plug into the bathroom outlet. Unfortunately, I believe on cruise ships the plugs in the bathroom are for shavers only? I didn't want the light at the desk area because that is right next to the pull out couch where my son was sleeping.

As bad as it is to waste electricity, I leave the bathroom light on and shut the door almost all the way.

I remember there was a small light source in the bathroom at night that you can't turn off. It is good enough that you don't have to turn on the light in the bathroom at night if you need to go. There is nothing in the cabin but I think the closet has light if you don't the door completely.

would anyone happen to know if there is a night lite in the cabins on celebrity summit? TIA
There is a night light in the bathroom.

But we also each keep a small flashlight on our bedstand, which we find better to have in the cabin than a night light because you can aim it wherever you want when you get up in the middle of the night to look for a bandaid or extra blanket or pills or whatever.

Generally not, although I haven't been on a Celebrity ship. Will know soon. Regardless, I always take a little battery powered candle or night light to put in the bathroom. Lasts for several cruises!

This is the solution that always works. You can buy battery operated LED tea lights at Michaels or Amazon very cheap, $10 per dozen. I know I can get a week out of one (dont think my cheap brand would go several cruises).

The problem I've had with bathroom shaver outlets is the some don't work at all, or the plug is so loose you'd need tape to keep the night lite from falling out.

There is a night light in the bathroom.

But we also each keep a small flashlight on our bedstand, which we find better to have in the cabin than a night light because you can aim it wherever you want when you get up in the middle of the night to look for a bandaid or extra blanket or pills or whatever.

All Celebrity ships have night lights? I dont recall seeing them on Millennium, but that was a long time ago?

Sailed on Equinox and Summit this summer and both had the little panel in the bathroom that served as a night light. Wasn't disruptive to sleep, but gave just enough light to head to the bathroom at night.

I really appreciated the bathroom nightlight on our Eclipse cruise this past spring. Leaving the bathroom door open was all we needed. SO nice not to to be blinded by a bright light when going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Side note - my electrician thought I was nuts when I insisted on a dimmer switch in the master ensuite when we built the house. But I wanted it for precisely this reason.

I didn't see any sort of night light on the Solstice. I brought a book light to read in bed. I don't like sleeping in hotel rooms that are pitch black. On land, I bring one of those "glowing green" rectangles to plug into the bathroom outlet. Unfortunately, I believe on cruise ships the plugs in the bathroom are for shavers only? I didn't want the light at the desk area because that is right next to the pull out couch where my son was sleeping.

As bad as it is to waste electricity, I leave the bathroom light on and shut the door almost all the way.

If the "glowing green" light you speak of is a LED light, then it would use less current than a shaver - so it would be fine to plug it into the "shaver" outlet

If the "glowing green" light you speak of is a LED light, then it would use less current than a shaver - so it would be fine to plug it into the "shaver" outlet

Just remember that shaver outlets usually are two-pronged with equal-sized prongs.

In other words, will not take polarized plugs or 3-pronged grounded plugs.

We have a 'go everywhere suitcase', cruises, hotels, holiday cottages and visits to friends and relations. The essentials are always left in it, nightlight, plug adaptors, torch and clock! Have to admit we have left the nightlight behind a couple of times!

I always keep a small flashlight on my bedside: home, cruise ships, hotels, friend's home. It's handy for night bathroom trips, but also handy if you have to evacuate a room. I have had to evacuate a hotel room on two different occasions and was glad to have my own light.