Cruising with Jane McDonald (UK show) - Meraviglia

1fifthavenue

I think they changed it because I couldn't watch it on the 15th as I will be en route to Genoa to join it on the 17th. Think I might have mentioned that before.

Just for you, Frank! :D :D :D Hope Meraviglia gets the memo of your specialness :p

BTW .............. hope you have a fabulous cruise.

Edited by Beamafar

Can any one watching tell me what the wristband is for ? Thanks:-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Taken from another site.

It is a sensor-packed wristband that will, among other things, allow guests to access their cabins using the short-range wireless technologies NFC and RFID. The bracelets will also communicate with up to 16,000 beacons placed around each ship.

They will be able to track you where ever you go :)

Taken from another site.

It is a sensor-packed wristband that will, among other things, allow guests to access their cabins using the short-range wireless technologies NFC and RFID. The bracelets will also communicate with up to 16,000 beacons placed around each ship.

They will be able to track you where ever you go :)

Wow that's clever technology :-) Thank you

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Those who didn't see last night's show featuring Meraviglia didn't miss anything. It was more about the ports than the ship. It was so disappointing I won't be watching the next 2 episodes.

I really enjoyed it, seeing as we are going to most of the same ports it was all relevant to me.

While I do wish they'd show more of the ship, I think they give a good overview.

I really enjoyed it, seeing as we are going to most of the same ports it was all relevant to me.

While I do wish they'd show more of the ship, I think they give a good overview.

Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whilst I also would've lliked to have seen more of the ship, as beautiful as it appears, I saw enough to confirm the concerns I had and further dissuade me from wanting to book.

I agree with the last poster. Externally, the ship looked really stylish, but inside it was like Las Vegas at sea, and as for 5,000 co-travellers... Definitely not for me!

This is an awesome TV show!!! the ship pulling into some of the ports was breathtaking! All four of us are so stoked to go on her! Fancy, huge, and new! 100 days and counting!

Thanks for the tip to use Tunnel Buddy computer vpn service to allow us to watch british tv from home. It allowed us to only watch about half of the show from the USA for free, but we got some great tips of what to do in port... now we have seen the video it changes what we had read.

While I am all about the ship, the show is called 'Cruising with Jane Mcdonald' not 'Cruise ships with Jane Mcdonald' so I don't think its unreasonable that they cover the ports just as much as the ship! It's more about the overall cruising experience. Agree we could certainly do without the song at the end though.

Although I would prefer it if in port she did more of the mainstream tourist attractions for the first time visitor, sometimes the stuff she does is very weird and niche! It isn't that useful to see what the port is actually like.

One thing I will say in defence of the Meraviglia epispde is I much prefered they put her in a normal balcony cabin, (or what I assumed is one) rather than the YC. Just showing the YC experience wouldn't be representative of the cruise for most passengers.

Those who didn't see last night's show featuring Meraviglia didn't miss anything. It was more about the ports than the ship. It was so disappointing I won't be watching the next 2 episodes.

Agree 100%!

I was particularly excited about the pub crawl, thinking 'now we will see the ship' and it turned out to be close ups of her cocktails.....

So Disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also thought it was very disappointing didn't really show you much of the actual ship.We sailed on her in a balcony cabin which really didn't look a lot different.

Would have thought they would have perhaps shown more of the cabins dining options entertainment pool area particularly the children's play park which is excellent.