Probable change for Allure Sept 3rd....weather

We leave on Oasis 9/10. The weather stations are all saying that next weekend (of the 10th) that this storm could affect Florida as a CAT 5 hurricane. I know...... it's way too early to know for sure but hate to think of trying to leave on Friday (the 8th) to drive South only to turn around and have to drive back North. Worse than that would be everyone that would be affected by such a storm. Was the last CAT 5 hurricane to hit Florida, Andrew?

Let's hope some of these models are correct and this storm takes a Northward turn.

I'm on Allure Sept 3 Sailing. We've sailed through hurricanes with RC before, and it's no fun! Both times they assured us we would stay out of the path, and both times we were in it. Even scarier on ship with limited speed!

Due respect, you may have sailed on the outskirts of a hurricane but there is no way the cruise line would take a ship through a storm anywhere close to this size. It would likely not make it. Anthem hit a storm that was a fraction of this and that made the national news for how awful it was.

This is currently a cat 3 will be a cat 4 by Tuesday. The only speculation is what Track it will take, but it's real.

Royal won't say or know anything until Sat/Sun part of that is because weather is unpredictable but also because people won't have an opportunity to cancel - they don't want a ship half full.

The ship will steer away from the hurricane where we go is the question.

It's a mystery cruise for 9/3 sailing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They will be changing the route, they will not go to St Thomas or PR that is for sure. But where will it go? Any ideas? I have friends on this sailing and they do not know what to expect.

No one can say at this point.

We sailed once on what ended up being a cruise to nowhere. It was supposed to be to Bermuda, but Hurricane Sandy hit. After we boarded but before the ship sailed, there were announcements that the ship would sail, but not to Bermuda. She would just go in the open sea and hunker down in a bay during the worst. They allowed people to disembark with a full refund (can't remember if they gave anything else). For those who chose to sail, of course we were refunded port charges, and were given some OBC. We stayed and had a great cruise even if there were no ports. I recall that about a third chose not to sail.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Way to early for any possible changes. Hurricanes happen every yr, lot of times doen't effect your cruise. I use sail over Labor Day almost every yr. Sometimes change a port, sometimes cruise will change Eastern/Western. In 1996 over Labor Day had 4 names Hurricanes Cat 3-4, when I sailed on a Eastern Caribbean cruise. Was a little wavy, but Sovereign class bobbed a lot and only change was we did all ports in reverse. Chance you take sailing peak Hurricane Season. Those sailing should watch weather, but you may not even know port changes until you are on board ship...

James VanFleet probably says no change.

Regardless of the storm track, rumor has it that Mr. VanFleet has identified windows of opportunity that will allow Allure to dock both at St. Maarten and San Juan. And if Irma then targets Florida, well there's always Galveston on the way home... :evilsmile:

Regardless of the storm track, rumor has it that Mr. VanFleet has identified windows of opportunity that will allow Allure to dock both at St. Maarten and San Juan. And if Irma then targets Florida, well there's always Galveston on the way home... :evilsmile:

Isn't this the same guy that identified windows of opportunity for opportunity for Liberty last weekend? How'd that work out?

Yep!

Important update for your upcoming cruise onboard Allure of the Seas

Royal Caribbean Update: Hurricane Irma has recently developed in the Caribbean and is tracking west as a Category 2 hurricane. Given the storm's location and for your comfort and safety, it is necessary to alter our Eastern Caribbean itinerary to the Western Caribbean calling on Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; and our private destination, Labadee, Haiti. We know this change may be disappointing, and we are truly sorry. Pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment while onboard. More detailed information can be found on royalcaribbean.com. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call 1-800-256-6649. We will update you again at 1 pm tomorrow.

Royal Caribbean Update: Hurricane Irma has recently developed in the Caribbean and is tracking west as a Category 2 hurricane. Given the storm's location and for your comfort and safety, it is necessary to alter our Eastern Caribbean itinerary to the Western Caribbean calling on Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; and our private destination, Labadee, Haiti. We know this change may be disappointing, and we are truly sorry. Pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment while onboard. More detailed information can be found on royalcaribbean.com. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call 1-800-256-6649. We will update you again at 1 pm tomorrow.

I received the same message. Hopefully the other thread can merge with this one and title from "Probable" to "Changed"

.... it is necessary to alter our Eastern Caribbean itinerary to the Western Caribbean calling on Cozumel, Mexico; Falmouth, Jamaica; and our private destination, Labadee, Haiti.

NO!! I see a window of opportunity!!!

J VanFleet

Biker19 really must show me the "tongue in cheek" font....