Princess@Sea download

Anubi

Long ago in a galaxy far away there was, for a brief time, an app. I downloaded it and then by the time I cruised (not long after) it was obsolete. I don't know why this question comes up over and over since there are sooooooooooo many threads where the same question has been asked.

Put your phone in airplane mode and then re-enable WiFi. Open a web browser. You will be directed to connect to Princess@Sea. Easy and free. If you are still unsure just go to the Internet Cafe and they will help you.

I wish that all reference to the stupid app could be removed from all sites. There are so many old things online that are wrong.

Unless someone is pulling up an out of date archived link, this is the information on the Princess site re: Princess At Sea

PrincessAtSea.jpg

STAY CONNECTED ONBOARD WITH PRINCESS@SEA

Stay in touch with your travel mates with Princess@Sea, our award-winning complimentary onboard tool offering quick and convenient access to valuable information while you sail. See the latest onboard activities, learn about your next port and communicate with other travelers onboard. All via your mobile device!

Learn More about Princess@Sea

The term APP appears nowhere in this description nor in the link to further info therein.

(excerpt)

Getting started with Princess@Sea is easy. Simply connect to the ship’s WIFI once onboard, open the browser on your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device, and Princess@Sea will be the default page that appears. It even operates in "Airplane Mode". No cellular or data charges required!

What you need to do is put your smart phone in airplane mode so you do not access the ship cell tower ($$$). Using your web browser go to <ship>.princess.com and create a login and password using your name and folio number (it is on your sea card). Login in the appropriate place on the left side of the screen and then enjoy the free information like daily events, directory of the ship and most important your folio including any additional pax you are paying for. You may have to go to "settings" on your cell and allow the device to connect to the ship webserver. I have AT&T and have to do this before connecting to say ruby.princess.com. You can set up messaging with anyone on the ship, but you both have to set it up and know the other pax information. Messaging works but there is no indication a message has been received. You just have to look for it.

Many people simply don't understand tech. They don't know the difference between the intranet page and an app. If it's "on their phone" then they consider it a app. Heck, they don't know the difference between intranet and Internet. (I remember back in 2006 when then Alaskan Senator Ted Stevens "definitively" explained that the Internet was "a series of tubes". Sigh...

I know many don't care and have the attitude that "I can't understand this stuff" so they don't even try.

Pet peeve: People who insist on calling their wallpaper a "screensaver". GAH!!! Not... The... Same... Thing... At... All!!! I worked with many people who called their computer the "hard drive". NO! I even worked with some who insisted on calling their computer "the modem". NO! Some thought the monitor was the computer. NO. It makes me crazy. When someone couldn't find their document and I asked where they had saved it they said, "I saved it in my Microsoft" or "I saved it in my Excel". NO!

It's no wonder my hair fell out. I just had to smile and try to educate people who had no desire to be educated and who often felt it was "all so complicated there's no way I can ever understand it so why try". People I know in my private life just shake their heads in disbelief when I tell them I'm had people tell me things like, "You are the most patient person I've ever known". While that is a statement I heard more than once at work the truth is that I really wanted to pummel people but that's not considered polite and definitely was not part of my job description. :rolleyes:

Many people simply don't understand tech. They don't know the difference between the intranet page and an app. If it's "on their phone" then they consider it a app. Heck, they don't know the difference between intranet and Internet. (I remember back in 2006 when then Alaskan Senator Ted Stevens "definitively" explained that the Internet was "a series of tubes". Sigh...

(Rant redacted.):rolleyes:

In fairness to the Senator, he did correctly say that the Internet is not a truck.

And in fairness to the confused of the world, it seems that the companies making the UIs are working hard to conflate different things. For example, the icon to start a program (or "app," as the kids insist on calling them) looks much like the one for a bookmarked web page, and much like the one for the document I created. And computers now "help" me by simultaneously searching my hard drive, my cloud storage, Google, Amazon, and who knows where else, so I don't have to worry my pretty little head about where things are.

I liked DOS. 3.1 was great. 5.0 was good. 6.02 was another very fine version. (4 was poop.) The only reason I ever gave in and installed Windows was the advent of Netscape and the graphical Internet. Until then it was all text in Unix.

I worked in IT so I have heard a lot of stories. Yes the difference between internet and intranet confuses a lot of people. My favorite help desk story was the one about the cup holder on their computer was broke. The "cup holder" is the drawer that comes out to place the then computer CD on to load it so that the computer could use the data. Then there is the ID10T error that was bandied about the help desk personnel. It was a very special error!

Put your phone in airplane mode and then re-enable WiFi. Open a web browser.

Finally! There are many, many, many posts here (including several in this thread) that omit this step,

stopping with 'put your phone in airplane mode'

Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent.

Ok, I admit to being a bit technologically challenged when it comes to cellphones. I can make my computer behave but I just got my first cellphone, which event has sent everyone I know into shock. ;p;p

I was checking out the cellphone app store, and was picking some apps that I wanted and thought I'd add the Princess@Sea app.

From what I understand from the posts above, there isn't an app, there is simply a service onboard that I can access with my cellphone.

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks saxdiver for the help. BTW - DH often uses the ID10T remark. LOL

I worked in IT so I have heard a lot of stories. Yes the difference between internet and intranet confuses a lot of people. My favorite help desk story was the one about the cup holder on their computer was broke. The "cup holder" is the drawer that comes out to place the then computer CD on to load it so that the computer could use the data. Then there is the ID10T error that was bandied about the help desk personnel. It was a very special error!

I used 3 different errors of that type. The classic ID10T, PEBKAC, and also Layer 8 Network Issue. I actually put the last one in a trouble ticket PEBKAC is a bit less obvious to the user than ID10T and Layer 8 Network Issue actually got queried by a coworker who had no clue.

ID10T (pronounced Eye Dee Ten Tee) = IDIOT

PEBKAC = Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Layer 8 Network Issue = There are only 7 network layers. The 8th refers to the user being clueless

I used 3 different errors of that type. The classic ID10T, PEBKAC, and also Layer 8 Network Issue. I actually put the last one in a trouble ticket PEBKAC is a bit less obvious to the user than ID10T and Layer 8 Network Issue actually got queried by a coworker who had no clue.

ID10T (pronounced Eye Dee Ten Tee) = IDIOT

PEBKAC = Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Layer 8 Network Issue = There are only 7 network layers. The 8th refers to the user being clueless

Stealing!!! :)

I liked DOS. 3.1 was great. 5.0 was good. 6.02 was another very fine version. (4 was poop.) The only reason I ever gave in and installed Windows was the advent of Netscape and the graphical Internet. Until then it was all text in Unix.

Come back to the geek side! Linux does all that graphical stuff just fine.

Come back to the geek side! Linux does all that graphical stuff just fine.

I flirted with Linux for a while. Works great and definitely more stable than Windbloze. I'm retired now and don't give a hoot. I just want to cruise. :D

Thanks for asking. I was looking for an app to download last night. Although I'm glad I didn't ask. I'd hate to be reticule for asking a simple question. After all I'm one of those, that don't understand tech.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know many don't care and have the attitude that "I can't understand this stuff" so they don't even try.

Pet peeve: People who insist on calling their wallpaper a "screensaver". GAH!!! Not... The... Same... Thing... At... All!!! I worked with many people who called their computer the "hard drive". NO! I even worked with some who insisted on calling their computer "the modem". NO! Some thought the monitor was the computer. NO. It makes me crazy. When someone couldn't find their document and I asked where they had saved it they said, "I saved it in my Microsoft" or "I saved it in my Excel". NO!

It's no wonder my hair fell out. I just had to smile and try to educate people who had no desire to be educated and who often felt it was "all so complicated there's no way I can ever understand it so why try". People I know in my private life just shake their heads in disbelief when I tell them I'm had people tell me things like, "You are the most patient person I've ever known". While that is a statement I heard more than once at work the truth is that I really wanted to pummel people but that's not considered polite and definitely was not part of my job description. :rolleyes:

I feel your pain!

Electronic Miant and IT tech :D

Thanks for asking. I was looking for an app to download last night. Although I'm glad I didn't ask. I'd hate to be reticule for asking a simple question. After all I'm one of those, that don't understand tech.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It seems to me that the complaints are mainly about the things out in the world that leave people with the lingering impression that there is an app to download. There's no inherent reason that there wouldn't be one: other cruise lines have them, and Princess used to. The only way you would know is if however you first heard about "princess@sea" was clear.

As for your small handbag, I can't help you.;)

Long ago in a galaxy far away there was, for a brief time, an app. I downloaded it and then by the time I cruised (not long after) it was obsolete. I don't know why this question comes up over and over since there are sooooooooooo many threads where the same question has been asked.

Put your phone in airplane mode and then re-enable WiFi. Open a web browser. You will be directed to connect to Princess@Sea. Easy and free. If you are still unsure just go to the Internet Cafe and they will help you.

I wish that all reference to the stupid app could be removed from all sites. There are so many old things online that are wrong.

Maybe it comes up over and over because there are those who do not know the answer. It must be awesome to know everything and only have answers;)

It seems to me that the complaints are mainly about the things out in the world that leave people with the lingering impression that there is an app to download. There's no inherent reason that there wouldn't be one: other cruise lines have them, and Princess used to. The only way you would know is if however you first heard about "princess@sea" was clear.

As for your small handbag, I can't help you.;)

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!!! I love it! :D

Sorry. My inner Dogbert just took over there for a moment.