overnight massive price rise-UK

baljaffray

The cruise we were looking to book has basically been increased to take care of the drinks package so basically no deal at all.

Of course. That is just what they do. The total cost of the cruise will be about the same as before when you include the drinks package which wasn't free last time. Their offers never really affect the total price they just move the goalposts to make it seem a better deal.

We have just reached Diamond Level and so have a free drinks. We aren't big drinkers and so 3 drinks is fine for us. With this latest price "deal" you are forced to take the drinks package and they have removed the guaranteed cabins at the lower prices (which exclude their so called special deals). That seems totally unfair to loyal Diamond and upwards customers. I just hope that when the next pricing comes out in November they sort this out. I'm going to call them to complain but that won't get me anywhere.

So maybe I need to look at NCL!

We have just reached Diamond Level and so have a free drinks. We aren't big drinkers and so 3 drinks is fine for us. With this latest price "deal" you are forced to take the drinks package and they have removed the guaranteed cabins at the lower prices (which exclude their so called special deals). That seems totally unfair to loyal Diamond and upwards customers. I just hope that when the next pricing comes out in November they sort this out. I'm going to call them to complain but that won't get me anywhere.

So maybe I need to look at NCL!

You are not forced to take the deal, without the deal the price is generally lower, did it recently for our upcoming cruise. waited until the drinks package was offered at a much lower price.

Of course. That is just what they do. The total cost of the cruise will be about the same as before when you include the drinks package which wasn't free last time. Their offers never really affect the total price they just move the goalposts to make it seem a better deal.

Not always. Our cruise for next year is 250euro cheaper than it was and has drinks packages as an added bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are not forced to take the deal, without the deal the price is generally lower, did it recently for our upcoming cruise. waited until the drinks package was offered at a much lower price.

That's the point - you are forced to take the deal (if you want to book now). They aren't currently offering prices without the drinks package included.

Book through a TA and get the original price. Or call RCCI to book.

You cannot get "the original" price. The price today is the price! No one can get last weeks prices! Today my desired cruise is £800 more than last week to include the "free" drinks package.

I'll just wait for this promo to end and the prices to drop back down.

For some reason prices in the USA are even more expensive than in the [emoji636] for this one [emoji848]so I can't even use my USA TA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it possible if you live in the UK to book via a US travel agent to get their better rates. I know you have to disclose that you are not a US citizen but looking at one cruise on Independence the UK web site (with drinks package which I don't want) is £3,800 and it's $4,000 in the US. Save about 30%! Has anyone done this before?

Is it possible if you live in the UK to book via a US travel agent to get their better rates. I know you have to disclose that you are not a US citizen but looking at one cruise on Independence the UK web site (with drinks package which I don't want) is £3,800 and it's $4,000 in the US. Save about 30%! Has anyone done this before?

Last 2 cruises and next 2 all booked via US travel agent

I took the plunge and booked direct with .com, and not .uk. No issues and though no drink package, saved a considerable amount. Got a deck 12 balcony for about £150 more than the forward OV, (the price in UK before the new offer of 'free' drinks.) plus got OBC.

Yes, my last 5 cruises have been booked via my USA TA....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I took the plunge and booked direct with .com, and not .uk. No issues and though no drink package, saved a considerable amount. Got a deck 12 balcony for about £150 more than the forward OV, (the price in UK before the new offer of 'free' drinks.) plus got OBC.

We booked Harmony September 2015 and looked at price for Symphony September 2018 both on maiden season 7 nights out of Barcelona.

The price on Symphony includes drink package and is double the price for the same balcony cabin number as we had on Harmony.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app