Prayers for the People of Florida & the Caribbean

Although there is a great probability that the cruise that I have booked for next weekend will be impacted, I would like to start a thread to pray for those people in the Caribbean and Florida whose lives will be severely affected by this unprecedented and dangerous hurricane. Personally,I have three family members in South Florida who are in the path of Hurricane Irma and there are millions more out there. My hope is that by some miracle that this storm will not make landfall.I am praying or all of you!

Thank you soooo much for your prayers! I am currently on the Oasis, which is not returning to Port Canaveral until after the storm (probably 2 additional days on board). But I live on the east coast 30 miles north of Daytona and am very worried for my friends and all of Florida. Glad to be safe on the ship, but hard not to be home during the storm. We went through Hurricane Matthew last year, and Irma is going to be much worse most likely.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Thank you for this thread! While I understand why some folks are bummed it is good to keep things in perspective. I too am supposed to be on a cruise in the next few weeks. But my main concern is for the lives and livelihood for all those in Irma's path. My vacation concerns take a wayyyyyyyy back seat!

I have been and will continue to pray for all those affected.

Prayers from Birmingham England for all our brothers and sisters across the caribbean and the USA right now.

“It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

—Deuteronomy 31:8

I wish CC had a like button! Posted a similar thread this morning but moderators put it with general Irma thread.

Have met so many wonderful people from the southern states who tease me about snow and ice. My prayers are with all of you, and also all the great Caribbean islanders who make our visits so memorable.

Take care, stay safe, thinking of you all with many prayers.

Thank you so much for your kind words! So refreshing to hear, rather than some others that are only concerned about their lost cruise vacations ....when we have so much more at stake than that.

Indeed we are all holding our breath as to the eventual outcome of this monster coming at our home state.

Important thing is the safety of lives....homes, belongings can be replaced. Really hard to see our hard won

homes damaged or destroyed...but we can rebuild where necessary. It will just take time and work.

Be safe everyone!

Thanks for the well wishes, thoughts and prayers. Luckily we are having great weather today, which allowed us to finish up outdoor prep. Now getting ready to welcome family who have been evacuated. All the best to everyone in Irma's path.

Thank you so much for your kind words! So refreshing to hear, rather than some others that are only concerned about their lost cruise vacations ....when we have so much more at stake than that.

Indeed we are all holding our breath as to the eventual outcome of this monster coming at our home state.

Important thing is the safety of lives....homes, belongings can be replaced. Really hard to see our hard won

homes damaged or destroyed...but we can rebuild where necessary. It will just take time and work.

Be safe everyone!

Your islands are so lovely and the people always so gracious. May good tidings come your way and recovery of your homes and lives come soon. The photos we see are so very heartbreaking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

Your islands are so lovely and the people always so gracious. May good tidings come your way and recovery of your homes and lives come soon. The photos we see are so very heartbreaking

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much, that is so very kind.

My sister's house is at MM#25 in the Keys, which is half way between Marathon Key and Key West. Irma's eye wall is right over her house right now. Fortunately she is hunkered down in Central Florida at my Aunt's house. She is a doctor and wanted to be available for help, so she did not leave the state. We will be able to access the damage in a few days. My house is also mainland, but up near Port Canaveral. Our fear will be mostly tornadoes and flooding right now.

Thank you so much, that is so very kind.

My sister's house is at MM#25 in the Keys, which is half way between Marathon Key and Key West. Irma's eye wall is right over her house right now. Fortunately she is hunkered down in Central Florida at my Aunt's house. She is a doctor and wanted to be available for help, so she did not leave the state. We will be able to access the damage in a few days. My house is also mainland, but up near Port Canaveral. Our fear will be mostly tornadoes and flooding right now.

Please thank your sister for thinking of others when her own home is in danger. Prayers for all of you. Your name is so familiar to me from CC - part of our family here. Please take care and stay safe.

Pat - Grandma Dazzles

Please thank your sister for thinking of others when her own home is in danger. Prayers for all of you. Your name is so familiar to me from CC - part of our family here. Please take care and stay safe.

Pat - Grandma Dazzles

Thank you so very much...you are so sweet.

Just hoping for the best for everyone in this monster's path.

How nice of your sister. Hoping all will be well.

Praying for all of you to be safe.