No more Cruise Logs

JennysUncle

HAL guests are not the only ones who object to missing Cruise Logs. This afternoon, I stumbled across a post on the Fred. Olsen Cruise Line Message Board. Recent guests of the Boudicca did not receive one either, as they had in the past. Unhappy, they were.

There is getting to be too many complaints of recent cruisers. While I don't disagree contacting HAL and Mr. Ashford directly with one's disappointments/concerns, but as I just suggested in the "maintenance issues" thread, if you are a CCL Shareholder, contact the Lead Director of CCL. Let your disappointments be known at the highest level possible.

I, too, complained to corporate after our Koningsdam cruise last summer about our disappointment in the discontinuation of the Cruise Log. Also received the standard sorry but thank you for contacting us. We are shareholders and 4-star Mariners. We really enjoyed those and would put them in our cruise scrapbooks.

Here's picture of one of ours. It is very nice - signed (?) by the Captain and embossed with gold! However, a disadvantage is that it will be too long for a regular file folder - I think it will need legal size, or to be folded in half.

b14edcc6dc51d8a2d1caf977d9c937b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice!

From an email I received from HAL today...

Good afternoon,

We have recently been advised that we now provide what is called a Voyage Log.This provides the cruise log information as well. We hope this is helpful.

ship Services

————————

New Address:

450 Third Avenue West, Seattle, WA 98119

hollandamerica.com

I did start this thread, but credit for getting the cruise logs back has to go to the 500+ posts.

BTW I just got off NCL Pride of America (a unique itinerary) and there was no cruise log.

Interestingly, the NCL follow up questionnaire asks if I have heard of Cruise Critic, and if I post. The companies do track what we say.

I did start this thread' date=' but credit for getting the cruise logs back has to go to the 500+ posts.

BTW I just got off NCL Pride of America (a unique itinerary) and there was no cruise log.

Interestingly, the NCL follow up questionnaire asks if I have heard of Cruise Critic, and if I post. The companies do track what we say.[/quote']

The latest survey I received from HAL also asked about CC involvement.

I did start this thread' date=' but credit for getting the cruise logs back has to go to the 500+ posts.

Interestingly, the NCL follow up questionnaire asks if I have heard of Cruise Critic, and if I post. The companies do track what we say.[/quote']

The latest survey I received from HAL also asked about CC involvement.

Attached is a copy of the Voyage Log we received at the end of our recent (1/21 - 1/28/18) Eurodam cruise. Note that the VL is "signed" by the Captain, John Scott ... the only problem is that Werner Timmers ( & not John Scott) was our Captain. IMO this is significant because it clearly demonstrates that the VL was pre-printed and not based on our actual cruise. IMO HAL not only "heard" all the caterwauling on CC but also gave it the importance it deserves.

Voyage Log.pdf

Attached is a copy of the Voyage Log we received at the end of our recent (1/21 - 1/28/18) Eurodam cruise. Note that the VL is "signed" by the Captain, John Scott ... the only problem is that Werner Timmers ( & not John Scott) was our Captain. IMO this is significant because it clearly demonstrates that the VL was pre-printed and not based on our actual cruise. IMO HAL not only "heard" all the caterwauling on CC but also gave it the importance it deserves.

Kind of funny...... without other context, there is a noting of the average eggs consumed. Anne, they are answering your post #520.

Not a bad thing, just funny.

Edited by TiogaCruiser

Kind of funny...... without other context, there is a noting of the average eggs consumed. Anne, they are answering your post #520.

Not a bad thing, just funny.

Agree that this is kind of odd.. Why pick # of eggs consumed only out of the 1000's of other items consumed on a 7-day voyage, i.e., 7,000 lbs of beef, 8,000 lbs of chicken, and on and on..