Royal Caribbean Visa Rewards

cookss

I am new to Royal Caribbean Visa rewards and a little confused on what the points can be used for. I understand you login in and select what you want based on the amount of points you have. If you elect to get the OBC can it be used to purchase the ultimate drink package in advance or do you have to wait until on board? If so, can it be purchased immediately upon boarding at customer service? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am new to Royal Caribbean Visa rewards and a little confused on what the points can be used for. I understand you login in and select what you want based on the amount of points you have. If you elect to get the OBC can it be used to purchase the ultimate drink package in advance or do you have to wait until on board? If so, can it be purchased immediately upon boarding at customer service? Thanks!

You should be able to use the Visa points OBC to purchase items pre-cruise. How soon the OBC is available varies. They apply the OBC redemptions in the order of cruise date, so if your cruise is very far in the future, it may be several months before you see that OBC. If you miss purchasing before the cruise, you can go to any bar and purchase the drink package once you are onboard.

We have enough points to upgrade to a balcony. If we already have a cruise booked, can we use those points to upgrade, or can the points only be applied at the time of booking?

Hope this question is appropriate since the topic has to do with VISA Rewards. If not, I apologize.

We have enough points to upgrade to a balcony. If we already have a cruise booked, can we use those points to upgrade, or can the points only be applied at the time of booking?

Hope this question is appropriate since the topic has to do with VISA Rewards. If not, I apologize.

You can apply redemptions from Visa points anytime after booking. Even after final payment.

Is the welcome bonus worth signing up for? We cruise in mid-Dec.

So you have to spend something first to receive the bonus points. If it's 10,000, that's $100 of OBC you can use. You need to sign up soon though because it takes a while.

From the terms and conditions: Bonus points are credited to your account approximately 6-8 weeks after you qualify and they will count toward your maximum yearly points earnings limits.

I wanted to add...if you redeem for OBC and you wish to use it onboard, it takes a couple of days to show up in your on board account. This has happened to me a couple of times. I just redeemed $125 for OBC and I will bring a copy of my OBC receipt. Just know it will take a couple of days to show up.

We had some OBC on our booking. When I booked a Shore Excursion the website asked me if I wanted to apply OBC. So when you go to purchase your Drink Package, if the OBC is available it will ask you if you want to apply it. I'm not sure if the Visa OBC is applied before or after the cruise leaves. As already noted, it takes a few days to be applied to your account on board.

A lot of people get the card just for that bonus, spend the money needed, then cancel that card. I don't know if you have enough time before your December cruise to get this done.

• 1 month later...
Good morning. I just redeemed my RC Visa points for $500 on board credit. Can anyone tell when and how I will know this is applied to my account?

Depending on your cruise date, it could be some time before the credit is applied. They have been applying the credit in order of cruise date.

You can find out if the credit has been applied by contacting whoever booked your cruise and requesting Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. Once applied, the OBC will show up on this document.

Another way is to call the RC Visa Redemption people at: 888-305-4626.

We've used our points three times now we got a free 4 night cruise two times . Used it for Majasty both times, although you only get ocean view. And our last cruise we used it towards 500$ off the cruise . It came off right after we booked way before final payment. Just a suggestion we used our card to pay the deposit for our friends who are joining us for our next cruse. (They paid us cash) double points for both our cruises makes points go up quicker !

I thought the signing bonus (10,000 points or $100 in OBC) was worth it. I continue to use that card when making payments to Royal Caribbean which earns double points.

However, for everything else I use a credit card that offers 2% cash back on all purchases and sweeps the earned funds each month to a savings account. With the money in the savings account I can use it however I please!