Club Class Mini Suites- benefits

divaofdisney

I was wondering if anyone could offer insight into whether or not the Club class suites are worth the extra price- for us it would only cost about $320 to upgrade so not sure if this is worth it or not. Also, with the priority embarkation- does this mean you get to board early?? What exactly does this mean??

You will have priority embarkation, along with the Suite and Elite passengers. This means you will be among the first group to board (after the Bon Voyage Experience people). As to whether it is worth it or not, that is a determination only you can make. The only true benefit, beyond that bottle or half bottle of wine, would be the Club Class dining. We did enjoy that, as it combined the benefit of having the same waiters - for each meal - with the flexibility of anytime dining. But it was part of suite benefits, and if we didn't book a suite, I do not think we would pay the price for a Club Class mini, simply because of the dining arrangement.

I was wondering if anyone could offer insight into whether or not the Club class suites are worth the extra price- for us it would only cost about $320 to upgrade so not sure if this is worth it or not. Also, with the priority embarkation- does this mean you get to board early?? What exactly does this mean??

I believe full suite guests are first on the "priority" list. Quite honestly, people board the ship when they arrive after boarding has started. We were full suite guests on our first Princess cruise in April and there did not seem to be any order in which things happened. There was no line either. We just pretty much sailed through the check in and boarding process. Here is a list of the club class benefits if you don't already have it...

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/club-class/ClubClass-eFlyer.pdf

I believe full suite guests are first on the "priority" list.
Full suite passengers can board at the same time as Elite. They don't have priority over Elite.

In some ports, Platinum also boards at the same time as Elite and full suite. Regardless, those with priority boarding board in groups based on check-in time.

Once boarding starts and those waiting to board are boarded, there's no more priority.

I my opinion 90% of the benefit is the Club Class Dining. There is a section in one of the DR's that is used for this purpose. You show up anytime and will be seated. Service is touted to be better. The menu is the same as the regular DR area, but has an extra table side selection.

Priority embarkation is really just about getting into the front of the line with other priority passengers. Non priority passengers that arrive at the pier around 11am are on board by about 12:30. The priority boarding begins around 11:30 or noon. So, 45 mins to an hour is not such a big deal, just a nice thing.

for us, would rather put the extra costs for Club class into going to Crown Grill... we always book a mini suite, we are elite... if we go to the Crown Grill every night we eat when we want, menu in the Grill meets are desires with fish and meat options.

The "Club Class" is the only way you can book a mini-suite in the mid-ship section.

Before the CC you could make this booking at a slightly higher price but now depending on the cruise length the extra cost in my opinion is not worth the benefits. Being able to walk in and get a table at ATD in a special section is not something I would pay extra for. We use to do ATD but now only do the assigned dining time (late seating). Getting on or off the ship has never been an issue so again not worth the extra cost.

Now with that said I will add that I did take a CC upgrade for $30.00 on my upcoming Sept 20th cruise only for the mid-ship mini-suite. I had a M/S in the forward section but for the price of the upgrade it was worth moving.

Happy Trails

:whiskey-glass:

• 2 weeks later...

JMO - even with our Elite perks - once we tried CC there was no going back - sort of like having your 1st balcony cabin. After our 1st CC experience we did try going back to the regular dining options to save a few bucks but for us - found CC a major cruising plus well worth the price just for the CC dining. It really does come down to personal preferences.

We will be on the Royal Princess, Club Class in two weeks. We did pick Club Class because we hope that it will be similar to Aqua Class on Celebrity (we do know that there is not a separate dining room.) We understand that C.C. will be available for breakfast and lunch in addition to dinner. The experinece we have heard to date in regards to club class is favorable, hope that is true.

What is the bon voyage experience? Never heard of that before

Lots of threads on CC about this, but here's a general rundown.

Bon Voyage Experience = BVE

Certain ports and certain ships (only offered at US ports including LA, SF, NY & FLL) offer this.

The dates for 2017 are listed in one of the threads on here.

It costs $39 to book. It's for anyone who wants to check out the ship OR to enable a friend who is booked on the cruise to board early with you. Many cruisers will book a BVE for a friend as a thank you gift or to enable them to be in the early boarding group.;)

BVE is one of the earliest groups to board...after weddings and before Suite/Elites.

Once you're on the ship, you can explore on your own or take a guided tour that's offered.

The cost includes lunch with a glass of wine in the MDR, any other no charge food at any of the other venues (you can also purchase anything that's for sale with your cruise card), use of the pool (if so inclined)...just like you're a passenger. The hitch is you have to get off the ship about an hour before sail away & muster drill.

The $39 will be given back to you as a credit from the cost of booking a cruise within 90 days.

While on the ship, you can also purchase Future Cruise Deposits (FCD = $100pp). Many book the BVE to enable them to fill up their "bank" of FCDs.

If you're interested, call Princess and ask for the BVE department. Don't talk to anyone who doesn't seem know what you're talking about. Many have reported "no such thing", "none offered on that date", "BVE for that date is full".

Once you've purchased, you complete the Personalizer just like a regular passenger.

Bon Voyage:D

We will be on the Royal Princess, Club Class in two weeks. We did pick Club Class because we hope that it will be similar to Aqua Class on Celebrity (we do know that there is not a separate dining room.) We understand that C.C. will be available for breakfast and lunch in addition to dinner. The experinece we have heard to date in regards to club class is favorable, hope that is true.

For CC lunch in MDR only on sea-days and turn-around days.

I believe I asked this on another thread and don't recall getting an answer. Prior to CC the boarding priority for all those waiting in the terminal at the moment boarding commences:

1) Wedding parties and BVE's (plus aligned passengers)

2) Suites and Elites (supposedly in order of their arrival, but not sure if that organized).

3) Platinums in their order of arrival & check-in (for sure this way in Port Everglades where the earliest are eventually let upstairs to a second seating section from a downstairs holding area)

4) All other passengers by seating sections in the terminal that corresponds (or should) to order of check-in)

Once boarding is in process with the general passengers, those arriving later simply board as they complete the check-in process.

SO... the $64 question is where does Club Class Mini-Suite fit in? Obviously if you are Elite or Platinum, you have a home. Where do non-status passengers who have booked Club Class Mini go in the above order? I imagine it is either mixed in with the Platinums, or before or after them.

Inquiring minds would like to know. THANKS!!

While this is a nice to have benefit I'm not sure I would pay a lot to get it. We were offered an upsell from a regular mini to a CC mini for $39 each and that was probably worth it but was just looking at a cruise online and the difference between a regular mini and a CC mini was $800 pp. No way would I pay that for CC benefits.

for us, would rather put the extra costs for Club class into going to Crown Grill... we always book a mini suite, we are elite... if we go to the Crown Grill every night we eat when we want, menu in the Grill meets are desires with fish and meat options.

I agree, the price is quite a bit more than the other mini's, they are uncovered balconies and if you are Elite the only benefit is the special dinner seating. It seems like now you have to pay extra for the good service you should already be getting from Princess. If AT dining was managed properly this would not be necessary, IMHO!

We have booked club class on the Royal. I like the dining options. To me it was for the Mini Suites up front on the Royal. The balconies are huge. We spend a lot of time on our balcony and love the size of them. We are in M108.

• Like 1

We have booked club class on the Royal. I like the dining options. To me it was for the Mini Suites up front on the Royal. The balconies are huge. We spend a lot of time on our balcony and love the size of them. We are in M108.

I totally agree, Hockey Mom! We are in L108 on the Royal next month and are looking forward to that balcony. Club Class just came with it.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hello,

We are booked on the Crown Princess for the Ring of Kerry /British Isles Tour ...w/ embarkation from Southampton on July 24, 2019. I am trying to determine whether or not to change our mini suite from E726 to D528. (I'm also wondering if it is worth it to book a Club Class Dining? (This is only our 2nd cruise, and Princess at that.) Any input is welcome!

Hello,

We are booked on the Crown Princess for the Ring of Kerry /British Isles Tour ...w/ embarkation from Southampton on July 24, 2019. I am trying to determine whether or not to change our mini suite from E726 to D528. (I'm also wondering if it is worth it to book a Club Class Dining? (This is only our 2nd cruise, and Princess at that.) Any input is welcome!

I would keep your covered mini suite E-726

D528 has no cover/protection on the balcony if that is an issue for you.

If its a reasonable rate increase to CC then it may be worth it. Usually its quite an increase in fare. Not something I would pay that much extra for. However we would book a suite which has CC included.

CC is basically having a table in the anytime DR available as soon as you arrive.

If you stay in E-726 I would have your TA or Princess mark your booking Meta upgrade only which means you would accept a suite but not another mini in another location.

Hello,

Crown E726 is a covered aft port ME minisuite & D528 is a uncovered midship port MB minisuite...so it pretty much a decision on deck location & covered or not balcony. Club Class can not be purchased as an option - it is included in the cost of selected midship minis and suites. Neither E726 or D528 are CC cabins.