Hurricane Maria

Bigbluegal

The Captain on the Adventure just announced that we will be leaving Bonaire tonight and sailing to Ft Lauderdale with an 8am arrival on SUNDAY. They will be keeping the ship there, operating as a hotel overnight, for those needing to stay to arrange flights and hotels, etc...

No word on the next cruise at this time.

Dan.

The Captain on the Adventure just announced that we will be leaving Bonaire tonight and sailing to Ft Lauderdale with an 8am arrival on SUNDAY. They will be keeping the ship there, operating as a hotel overnight, for those needing to stay to arrange flights and hotels, etc...

Dan.

Thanks for reporting in.

Dan.

Thanks Dan! I am supposed to be sailing on Adventure of the Seas on 9/23 and have not received an update from Royal Caribbean yet. Your update is more than I have gotten from them!

Dan.

To add to this, those from Puerto Rico, will be able to stay onboard until they can be taken back to PR.

Dan.

Dan.

Thanks Dan

This is what Royal Caribbean just posted on their site:

The following sailings are being modified due to Hurricane Irma:

Adventure of the Seas: September 23

Due to the uncertainty of the timing of the port re-opening in San Juan, we anticipate our new departure date will be Wednesday, September 27, sailing a 3-night itinerary to Antigua and St. Kitts.

We know these changes are disappointing, and we are truly sorry for the storm’s impact on your vacation. Should you choose to sail with us we will provide you with a refund of 60% of your cruise fare paid in the form of a refundable onboard credit, and an additional 50% future cruise credit, for a cruise booked within the next year.

If you are unable to travel and need to cancel your cruise, we will provide you with a 100% future cruise credit, for a cruise booked within the next year. Pre-booked shore excursions will be refunded to your original form of payment, and you will have the ability to book excursions in our new ports of call once onboard.

Dan.

Are you currently on the ship and hear this personally? I haven't heard anything yet from RCCL even though they said they would let us know by early afternoon today

Are you currently on the ship and hear this personally? I haven't heard anything yet from RCCL even though they said they would let us know by early afternoon today

Yes, I am sitting at the Solarium Bar right now.

Dan.

Thanks Dan! I am supposed to be sailing on Adventure of the Seas on 9/23 and have not received an update from Royal Caribbean yet. Your update is more than I have gotten from them!

The 9/23 sailing now is scheduled to embark from San Juan for a 3 day to St. Kitts and Antigua. Choosing to sail will get you 60% fcc.

I am also currently aboard Adventure. We booked our air through air2sea with royal and I just stayed on the phone with them. Their emergency management team is changing all of the flights and will send the manifest to the ship to let us know of our new flight times. Not sure when that will be though, but it is nice that rc is leaving the ship overnight as a hotel.

They just made the announcement less than an hour ago so I'm sure they are scrambling to make all the changes and announcements/emails/calls with the current sailing and upcoming sailing. Even though it was a total itinerary change I have to say it was still a very enjoyable trip! My prayers though are with all those who dealt with the wrath of Maria.

The 9/23 sailing now is scheduled to embark from San Juan for a 3 day to St. Kitts and Antigua. Choosing to sail will get you 60% fcc.

No, it will get you 50% future cruise credit and 50% onboard credit on the current cruise

"Should you choose to sail with us we will provide you with a refund of 60% of your cruise fare paid in the form of a refundable onboard credit, and an additional 50% future cruise credit, for a cruise booked within the next year."

So, we called C&A at RCCL. They are clicking on the yellow link on the top, which sends you to the Sep 19th update page. You have to tell them to click on Already Booked, Before you go, and Itinerary updates. We had to talk with a supervisor because the workerbee didn't accept our link - said it was a clone. Duh!

We asked about getting on in FLL, but they said because of the crazy circumstances we would have to go to San Juan.

At least they finally made a decision.

Don't know how accurate this is, but now states airport closed until 5pm Saturday.

https://es.flightaware.com/live/airport/TJSJ

I dont understand how an airport can operate w/o power ! The need radar and radios to communicate with the planes ! Even if they have generators, do they have 4-6 months worth of fuel? Crazy!!!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

Not on Adventure, but on Oasis. Earlier today captain said next week's Oasis, which I guess was going to be an eastern, will get Nassau and Costa Maya. Maybe he said Cozumel too, I'm only 100% sure he said Nassau and Costa Maya.

They don't foresee a problem with port canaveral and last time I checked, the forecasts bear that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, we called C&A at RCCL. They are clicking on the yellow link on the top, which sends you to the Sep 19th update page. You have to tell them to click on Already Booked, Before you go, and Itinerary updates. We had to talk with a supervisor because the workerbee didn't accept our link - said it was a clone. Duh!

We asked about getting on in FLL, but they said because of the crazy circumstances we would have to go to San Juan.

At least they finally made a decision.

Good to know! The guy I spoke to said "There are no updates on the website and there will be one at 6pm EST." I didn't know what to say to him but I was fed up.

Edited: I also just noticed they updated their Facebook page as well so we can also direct the employee there.

Edited by sek4092
Add additional information

Don't know how accurate this is, but now states airport closed until 5pm Saturday.

https://es.flightaware.com/live/airport/TJSJ

According to the FAA, the airport is closed except military and hurricane relief. The end date for the notice is 9/30/2019 which is either a typo or meant to represent "until further notice". I would tend to trust the FAA given they have authority over the airport.

Here's the raw NOTAM (notice to airmen) if you're interested.

!TJSJ 09/280 SJU AD AP CLSD EXC MIL AND HURCN RELIEF 1709211515-1909302100

Good to know! The guy I spoke to said "There are no updates on the website and there will be one at 6pm EST." I didn't know what to say to him but I was fed up.

Edited: I also just noticed they updated their Facebook page as well so we can also direct the employee there.

I also commented on their Facebook page to fix the link and also why not let passengers board in FLL.

It would ease flight congestion as well as not having to get transportation from the airport to the ship.

We re-booked flights because 60% off and 50% on future cruises is decent. Would still rather travel 30 minutes to roll on vice fly.